Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Love it. Volvo 760 diesel with only 6k miles

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27264819

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭oceanman

80sDiesel wrote: »
    Love it. Volvo 760 diesel with only 6k miles

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27264819
    not sure but think that one was up before too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

oceanman wrote: »
    not sure but think that one was up before too.

Don’t remember seeing it before and lately I have been watching them.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

KevRossi wrote: »
    I posted it a while ago, here or somewhere else. I can't remember the price, but it was a lot more than that.

I don't have an issue with the ZV, if it meant not getting an 88-D-120xxx number or similar. But I'd have waited for ZV 22730 rather than what he has.

Price is fine for what it is providing it checks out. It doesn't have A/C which would bother me a bit. Leather and elec seats I don't really need, but A/C is a big loss in a bus like that.

I posted about it a little over a week ago. I kept an eye on it since it was first advertised around this time last year. Started off at €15,000, and worked it's way down to the asking €7500 now. It was well overpriced at €15000, and the €7500 is closer to what it's worth, given it's close to the bottom of the range E32 with no dual climate control, no A/C, no cruise control, and the smallest engine in the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

unkel wrote: »
    Personally I find the year in a license plate vulgar and repulsive, particularly the reason why it was introduced. Even now, 30 odd years later, people in this country still go into debt to buy cars they cannot afford, just to get the latest year in the license plate to keep up with the Joneses. I would do anything to avoid having that.

Agreed.
    Not to mention that Irish reg plates can have up to 10 characters (XXX-XX-XXXXX). It's ridiculous, for a country of 5 million people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

slipperyox wrote: »
    Slate Grey with leather "linen" interior.
    options include ABS, headlight washers, electric seats to name a few.

Beautiful machine, when n where are you going to advertise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,888 ✭✭✭CoBo55

oceanman wrote: »
    Small correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/honda-accord/27287273

NTg5NTJlYTJlN2ZmYWUzNjJkZWIyYzY0ODIyZDhlMTXLgO9UZdCAjCaIwVqx_kTiaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzE2NDkxMzF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Another former car of mine!

I bought this in 2014 in Roscommon for €680 and drove it all the way back to Dublin. It was in fantastic condition then and I used it daily for a while. Awful to see that it has deteriorated so badly. I always regretted selling this

In happier times

50956637863_31a52605e8_z.jpg

• Advertisement

NTg5NTJlYTJlN2ZmYWUzNjJkZWIyYzY0ODIyZDhlMTXLgO9UZdCAjCaIwVqx_kTiaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzE2NDkxMzF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I bought this in 2014 in Roscommon for €680 and drove it all the way back to Dublin. It was in fantastic condition then and I used it daily for a while. Awful to see that it has deteriorated so badly. I always regretted selling this

That's shocking especially when it was so good, I love the star for D on the gear selector:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Registered Users Posts: 65,085 ✭✭✭✭unkel

He needs to be collect by two friendly men in white coats if he thinks that heap of an Accord is worth anywhere near €3k :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Mods, can we start a thread for Duke's ex's?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,085 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Mods, can we start a thread for Duke's ex's?

Wrong forum, you dirty bugger :p

He needs to be collect by two friendly men in white coats if he thinks that heap of an Accord is worth anywhere near €3k :rolleyes:

I bought one years ago, it was a four door but the same magnolia colour and brown vinyl roof.

It drove like a dream but the body was bad like that one.

I paid €70.

It’s such a shame to see it like that, I’m honestly upset looking at it. It was such a little minter when I got it, there was something like 36k on the clock and it had loads of history.

FRW679T was the English reg. Don’t know why I remember that!

It's a real pity but it was beyond optimistic for him to leave it outdoors and expect it to survive.

Absolutely. I didn't have a garage for it at the time either, so doubt it would have fared very well had I hung onto it (which never would have happened anyway..but still!)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That is criminal what has happened to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

An odd one this:

Ligier Optima 49cc

Would love to give it a go, but jesus you'd want to be some man to lay down 3k on it!

MDBiZDQ1MDI4NDg0MGM1MWI0N2RjMTlmZTIwMzAzMznP8AHZoWexLnizAx71p4q3aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjgxNzQ3NDB8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/micro-car-ligier-optima-49cc/26998366?campaign=8

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What's he got hiding under the cover beside it, Volvo P1800? It's curvy what ever it is..

Screenshot-20210218-233413.jpg

What's he got hiding under the cover beside it, Volvo P1800? It's curvy what ever it is..

Screenshot-20210218-233413.jpg

S60?

That's in Maderia Grove in Enniscorthy, she's a lot rougher than what's in those pictures, it will need a lot spent on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Personally I find the year in a license plate vulgar and repulsive, particularly the reason why it was introduced. Even now, 30 odd years later, people in this country still go into debt to buy cars they cannot afford, just to get the latest year in the license plate to keep up with the Joneses. I would do anything to avoid having that.

Agree, and then SIMI decided it would be great to have two peaks per year.
    Should be like Switzerland, you get issued one licence plate and it transfers from car to car.

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Agree, and then SIMI decided it would be great to have two peaks per year.
    Should be like Switzerland, you get issued one licence plate and it transfers from car to car.

Had we put an extra digit on the plate like they did in the north we could still be using the old system. Even in 1987 we could have done that, just restarted with ARI 1000 for Dublin for example. The 87 D system was fine in the beginning but it's ridiculous looking now with so many characters on the plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

This seems like a very smart looking little car

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1971-austin-1300/27286480

PsychoPete wrote: »

nice but pricey...

• Advertisement

PsychoPete wrote: »

That's a beauty, early type dash too, splash guard still on the engine.

Advertisement