Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

its a pity he couldnt keep these wheels on it ( I am a stickler for stock, but I think they look better anyway )

YjRmOGExNGFkMjk0NmI5ZDViMWNlM2I0NGZhMTczMTQ5isHPTTajJeNNd3AuCDSAaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDc5OTEyOTV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Can anyone remember how much it was originally up for?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Can anyone remember how much it was originally up for?

1800 gbp ? = 2k yoyo
    + 450 transport + 200 vrt + 56 tax + 50 NCT ( I guess ) = 2750

Assuming its as good as it looks, I think if bought at 3300 you'd be doing ok considering the work put it, plus the alloys ?

Although maybe its failed the NCT with catastrophic issues and that's why its for sale - pity we cant check !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

It didn’t fail an NCT anyway as the ncts website would prompt you to book a retest and not a full test when you put the reg in. And it was €1800 in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,058 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Imho there is nothing wrong with someone buying a bargain, giving it a wash & tidy (or not do anything) and try sell it for a good bit more. Fair play to anyone who can make a few bob that way.

not sure if its a bargain, but its bloody lovely ! E28

Drivers seat might not be as good as the rest of it though.

ZWMxZjZkZDMxNTE3OWIwYTQ3Nzg5OGUwMzkxNmNiYzBQ4u55shqSyPvrPB7qbViIaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDk3MDU0NzB8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

having owned is predecessor and driven a few of these, I can say they are superbly engineered motor cars - however tin worm is no doubt a BIG issue and who knows whats under those awful arches - would she need a complete wing and 3/4 respray just to remove them ?

280CE

NmFkYTQwMjZlYmM0Y2I5ZTc0YTM5ZjZhYjVkYzVkNzJlSk-3nldVgtBaudBS45YQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTA2ODc0NDV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

That is very, very cheap. Probably too cheap if the car is not full of rot. No test obviously at that price.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Lovely colour that merc.

My 107 had those chrome trims on the arches. I tentatively took them off and all was fine underneath. If they were originally put on for show (and sealed right) and not to cover an issue they may not hide anything too nasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭MrCostington

RobAMerc wrote: »
    having owned is predecessor and driven a few of these, I can say they are superbly engineered motor cars - however tin worm is no doubt a BIG issue and who knows whats under those awful arches - would she need a complete wing and 3/4 respray just to remove them ?

280CE

NmFkYTQwMjZlYmM0Y2I5ZTc0YTM5ZjZhYjVkYzVkNzJlSk-3nldVgtBaudBS45YQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTA2ODc0NDV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Just checked the pics I took. I looked at this car in Roscommon summer '18. Was on sale for 4,500 IIRC guy got it tested for me, so may have a valid NCT, or just out. I won't say anymore other than I passed on it. EDIT just found the DD ad I took a screen shot of, seller was asking 4,300 and I looked at it on 13th Aug.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Dades wrote: »
    Lovely colour that merc.

My 107 had those chrome trims on the arches. I tentatively took them off and all was fine underneath. If they were originally put on for show (and sealed right) and not to cover an issue they may not hide anything too nasty.

Definitely the most optimistic post I've seen in a long time.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-xr2/25331891

Mjc2NDMzYWExZTA5YjJhMmU2ZmFiOWVjZDRmZjFiZDFwZOp6uTDx5tckalz6vSC9aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTExMTk3NDF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I like this. 85 Fiesta XR2 with 12 months NCT, €4500

Not immaculate and probably a bit expensive, but an old fast Ford will always be worth something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭w124man

Very unusual version in saloon form and even more so as its an original Irish car. The problem with this version is that the EZL ignition units are NLA and virtually impossible to get and they are all failing with age. Such a shame as this first M104 version is an absolute cracker of an engine and will rev till the cows come home. This car is showing damp issues as the back window is misted up. Could be the sunroof (which wasn't an option) drains are blocked or rotted away. It could also be bad storage. It could be very damp inside. Velour trim wasn't any dearer than leather back then - its just a common myth. Its a very basic car really and has no other options even though the seller says it has all options available. Its a bull**** advert and the car has no NCT so the asking price is way over the odds IMHO!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭CoBo55

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-xr2/25331891

Mjc2NDMzYWExZTA5YjJhMmU2ZmFiOWVjZDRmZjFiZDFwZOp6uTDx5tckalz6vSC9aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTExMTk3NDF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I like this. 85 Fiesta XR2 with 12 months NCT, €4500

Not immaculate and probably a bit expensive, but an old fast Ford will always be worth something
    That scabby looking scaffolding bar for a strut brace would be the first thing to go, it looks dreadful. I could see that definitely increasing in value over the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Getting ridiculous at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭✭elperello

That Omega is very tempting. For some strange reason I always wanted one of those.

VRT + NOX is €1320

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Decent price for a W126 500SE. Reliable and classy V8 cruising for €5,900. Has an NCT to 05/21 and the €56 tax. The velour seats are not to evryone's liking, but I prefer them to leather. Has A/C and a sun roof too.

Has it got the all elusive pre-heater? Had them in a couple of W126's in Germany, glorious things.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1989-mercedes-500-se-v8/25342482?campaign=3

NjZmZGIyZDA0YmQ1YjhhMjBlMWU1MDllNGNhZmJhOTevQfAgNdqmk5Zn4BfyHvMkaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTEyMTExODd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg
    MmNhYmI4OTUwMGUyZWZjNWMxZDA2ZDkyMTA1NGZhYmEmNaQk_VfTvkQ3GyFa-VN2aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTEyMTEzMDN8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Good find Kev and I agree with you a very decent price for a V8 W126 with test.

Story with the square front reg plate though? Surely not another Jap import?

Seller has another W126 for sale, for less money. Possibly a recent import? Has no NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

unkel wrote: »

Seller has another W126 for sale, for less money. Possibly a recent import? Has no NCT.

Yeah. It's odd to see that. That's something I'd expect to be on an Altezza or an Evo rather than a car like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭KevRossi

unkel wrote: »

Front plate is probably just a fad. Speedo is in MPH, and although the velour is a Japanese favourite, it was very popular in places like Germany. I'd say it's a UK import. It's the pre-heater that really intrigues me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

KevRossi wrote: »
    Front plate is probably just a fad. Speedo is in MPH, and although the velour is a Japanese favourite, it was very popular in places like Germany. I'd say it's a UK import. It's the pre-heater that really intrigues me. :)
    Probably a UK import, just noticed the holes in the dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭bemak

Another nice 300se here. Seems to be asking a lot for it though??

ZDIxZTk0MzBkMTYyMDBmOTAzNjQ2MWU5N2I5ZjM4YWUJWKCf_Lh09WI9_8qhpsC-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTEwNjMwMzR8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-w126-300se/25326274

this one has to be in there with a shout too so

300SE

MjZkZWIxZTNlYWQ2Njk0MWYxOTBlY2EwMDFhZTg2YTBBsK73_VwaEt2u3gNuvgEoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTExNDc1NTd8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Seweryn wrote: »
    Probably a UK import, just noticed the holes in the dash.

Its an odd one. Its not a Jap import cuz it has the switchable gearbox. Jap spec cars don't have that but it has velour, electric memory seats and a non Euro spec front bumper. The heater? Is that an original fitting? I don't think it is.

What holes in the dash?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

w124man wrote: »
    Its an odd one. Its not a Jap import cuz it has the switchable gearbox. Jap spec cars don't have that but it has velour, electric memory seats and a non Euro spec front bumper. The heater? Is that an original fitting? I don't think it is.

What holes in the dash?
    The ones in each corner. Probably for the alarm system.
    The Webasto heating was optional, so could be part of the original order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Advertisement