Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

kadman wrote: »
    Brazilian splittie perhaps

Fleetline?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,835 ✭✭✭✭unkel

ZTg5NTBkOGU1NzIyNzA2NjM5YTY1NmM3YWFkN2ZjMWFNDjTeT9TwT3A7UBbW0ec7aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTg5MTUyMzF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Decent price for a 3 door E30, these have gone through the roof in recent years. Vintage tax within the year. Long NCT. Should be yours for €4k, maybe a touch less.

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1990-mercedes-190e-w201-tax-new-nct/21264144

NWU4MjQ4NDk3Mjk0MDFhYTY1ZWRlNTQ0ODliZjc4N2XER7hqXpMDV3g5JBIwGR8haHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjAwOTk3NjF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NTVkNzc5MjdiYWQ1MTkzOWRiMTgxOWI4MTQ5YzJhYzgeGYoWUsx3nMLegb4TSYlZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjAwOTk3NjR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This is a bloody cracking looking 190E for less than €4k!! NCT for a year, bit of tax, low owners and reasonably small miles too.

I'd have this in a heartbeat if I had the cash spare. Classic tax next year as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lovely, well I can take or leave that indigo velour look but otherwise looks like a car you could turn around quickly for a tidy profit *cough* :o

Meanwhile get your Autobahnstormers here, here and there, pity the senator is the 2.5. The UK motorway cops used to swear by the Luton badged variety - and I think their maintenance division were thrilled to see the back of the Rover SD1 for these.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1985-opel-rekord-2-2-injection-rwd-reduced-to-sell/20251447

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/opel-senator-2-5-price-drop/20671447

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/vauxhall-viceroy/21120511

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Love that Rekord and the Viceroy interior. Plenty of Rekords around where I grew up as there was an Opel garage local to us. Most of them were the 2.3D, the cruiser of choice for the wealthier farmer.

I don't remember the A Senator in the UK Police, I do remember the B Senator, as well as the wooden cutouts that they used to put on the motorway bridges. The SD1 is still the best looking Police car of all time IMO, though they were fairly crap for reliability.

• Advertisement

KevRossi wrote: »
    Plenty of Rekords around where I grew up as there was an Opel garage local to us. Most of them were the 2.3D, the cruiser of choice for the wealthier farmer.

With the bonnet bulge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Has that Senator ever been NCT'ed?

It comes up with "Not Applicable" for date of last ticket.

Yeah, never had an NCT.

Is it just me or does the passenger side outer sill under the back door look really bad?

Yeah, never had an NCT.

Is it just me or does the passenger side outer sill under the back door look really bad?

That's probably why the owner never put it through the NCT :p

Yeah, never had an NCT.

Thats a shame. The interior reminds me of when my father brought home a Fiat 130 coupe in the late '70's. Same lurid orange velour interior. I loved it!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Yeah, never had an NCT.
    How do people get away with driving cars with no NCT? There's so many cars for sale without ever having one...

You're one checkpoint away from 3 points and request to show a valid cert in 10 days.

Dades wrote: »
    How do people get away with driving cars with no NCT? There's so many cars for sale without ever having one...

You're one checkpoint away from 3 points and request to show a valid cert in 10 days.

Very few checkpoints (outside of Dublin) and even if you get stopped most Gardai wouldn't know many "classic" plated cars need an NCT. If they'd check PULSE it would tell them alright.

And even if they did know it or did check, you'd probably get away with a telling off

Compliance is a joke in this country. Because enforcement is a joke in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

unkel wrote: »
    Very few checkpoints (outside of Dublin) and even if you get stopped most Gardai wouldn't know many "classic" plated cars need an NCT. If they'd check PULSE it would tell them alright.

And even if they did know it or did check, you'd probably get away with a telling off

Compliance is a joke in this country. Because enforcement is a joke in this country.

Nah... not a joke. It's known as The Crack... or to use the Oirish spelling.. An Craic' We're famous for it !

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Citreon 2cv6 Charleston 1984 €4,500

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/citreon-2cv6-charleston/21261952

I'm not well up on these, but have seem 10k asked for them, a bargain perhaps?

YzYxZTIwMWZiZjhkNmFkYzhiODZmZWE2YzM3Mzc3YjbYw3PCn0RTB1IiRfMgsS5HaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjAwODAyMjJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MrCostington

kadman wrote: »

A 123 to complete the set:)

Vintage Mercedes S123 200T Auto 7 Seater €6,850

OTNhNGIzYzhlYTM0ZWZhY2UxZTc5NTg4NjJmMTc0MWYe5rqv9E59OTQxlLoZ1TP8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjAxNzE4OTJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

A 123 to complete the set:)

Not yet complete without this one! What a bargain and would qualify for many people on classic insurance: damn was going to link to a W210 7 seater petrol auto 1999 I saw yesterday posted by Duke in the bangernomics thread for EUR999 with long NCT - looked like a well cared for family car. Gone already.

That 2CV Charleston is scrapped according to the NCT records...

That 2CV Charleston is scrapped according to the NCT records...

An attempt at a 'logbook restoration'? ;-)

The E28 looks great, but strong money for a car 5 years out of test, and obviously needing work.

An attempt at a 'logbook restoration'? ;-)

Impossible to say, could be a genuine reason for it. But what is beyond me is that some people in this country seem to be prepared to be paying big bucks for cars whose paperwork is obviously not in order. And the sellers having the neck to put the car up for sale without mentioning the reason for not having a test, etc. You wouldn't get away with any of this sh1te in any continental country, not even in Britain.

• Advertisement

Scrapped on NCT website = never had a test

(99% of the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Impossible to say, could be a genuine reason for it. But what is beyond me is that some people in this country seem to be prepared to be paying big bucks for cars whose paperwork is obviously not in order. And the sellers having the neck to put the car up for sale without mentioning the reason for not having a test, etc. You wouldn't get away with any of this sh1te in any continental country, not even in Britain.

Just looking at the ad now...'Bagnelstown' is what struck me. There is a 'classic car' person in Bagnelstown who still owes a significant amount of money for parts we supplied many years ago. Nothing seemed to faze them at the time, calling in person, solicitors letters... nothing made a blind bit of difference, and we were never paid. I was reminded when listening to Joe Duffy during the week about a man who simply refused to pay for work done on his house by a number of contractors.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭tc20

the 190 posted by Supervento above is one of the run-out models of the W201.
    Called/ badged "Exclusiv" here (afaik), it's known as the "LE" or Limited Edition across the water. This model only came in that gorgeous blue, silver, and a lesser spotted ruby red colour. That looks like a bargain at €2.5k on first glance.
    However, as a run-out model, you'd think MB would stretch to 'leccy windows in the rear..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭KevRossi

tc20 wrote: »
    However, as a run-out model, you'd think MB would stretch to 'leccy windows in the rear..

They could start off by putting leccy windows in the front.

Nice car, shame its a manual. Sad that the W123, W124 and 190 are effectively uninsurable here as a daily driver with no mileage limit and no 'first car'. You can do it via a broker but the cost is ridiculous.

...was going to link to a W210 7 seater petrol auto 1999 I saw yesterday posted by Duke in the bangernomics thread for EUR999 with long NCT - looked like a well cared for family car. Gone already...

Now is your chance..

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-estate-new-nct-fdsh-97000-miles-/21285732

NWIwYjM1YmIzOTllYTEyZDhkMTM3NTJjMGYyYzQ4NDnAtJT7q3XqfeYhhJkYKJWjaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjAyNDUzMzh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

He won't get that but God loves a trier :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,433 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Considering this is a much better bet for the same money
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2004-mercedes-e320-220bhp-nct-04-19huge-spec/21197734

Same seller also has a petrol 320 touring.

Advertisement