Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/03/04/alicia-fox-reportedly-went-awol-from-wwe-after-being-offered-rehab/

It's like buses for Alicia fox it seems. According to the link above it appears she was offered rehab by WWE but has gone AWOL and people don't seem to know where she is. I mean if that's true then all messing aside I hope she gets the help being offered.

One final Alicia fox mention. On Instagram she hadn't posted anything since February 18th until two hours ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BumZhq_A6bd/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=vyjdcmbhxlw6

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

King Kong Bundy has passed at 61

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

It is unreal, 250k before tax before travel/hotel/food/wardrobe.... They end up with very little. Even when living in Florida with the nice tax laws.....

Its not all glamour, its a tough way of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Alvarez is reporting now that Ambrose is not leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We'll be treated to more of his exhilarating matches then. Great...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    King Kong Bundy has passed at 61

Sad another guy from my childhood gone. never realized how young he was back in the day against Hogan

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

sky88 wrote: »
    Sad another guy from my childhood gone. never realized how young he was back in the day against Hogan

neither did I. he was only in his twenties in the main event v hulk. :eek:

thought he was much older.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Alvarez is reporting now that Ambrose is not leaving.

He said he didn't think he was as an opinion not that he is definitely not.
    Really there is a bang of the Ziggler about it if he stays, he's doing the Shield reunion now but his criticisms of his situation won't change and neither will the scripted promos & lousy overall booking. He's not the only one suffering through that mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Alvarez said that yesterday afternoon. Last night Meltzer told him he had asked and was told he is definitely still leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Love Ambrose but a break would do him the world of good

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bundy another one who hasn't gotten a HoF induction and was a big part of the Hogan era and Main Event'ed WM 2

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Bundamania!!! Bundy! Bundy! Bundy!

Rest in peace Chris Pallies.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Love Ambrose but a break would do him the world of good

he was out for about 9 months last year?

Seems Asuka was quite lucky at a house show last night. Her match with Mandy had to be stopped after she took a move on her head/neck. She definitely looked out of it but tweeted afterwards that she's fine...

https://twitter.com/CoryPipcinski/status/1102761408725434369?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1102761408725434369&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2FSquaredCircle%2Fcomments%2Faxfvfi%2Finjury_at_wwe_white_plains%2F

Footage of move that supposedly did it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/axgtu2/footage_of_possible_injury_at_the_wwe_white/

Imagine the state of the Smackdown women's scene if she was out.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Seems Asuka was quite lucky at a house show last night. Her match with Mandy had to be stopped after she took a move on her head/neck. She definitely looked out of it but tweeted afterwards that she's fine...

https://twitter.com/CoryPipcinski/status/1102761408725434369?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1102761408725434369&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2FSquaredCircle%2Fcomments%2Faxfvfi%2Finjury_at_wwe_white_plains%2F

Footage of move that supposedly did it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/axgtu2/footage_of_possible_injury_at_the_wwe_white/

Imagine the state of the Smackdown women's scene if she was out.
    That tweet is misleading. Asuka got injured in a match with Mandy rose. And the clip of the supposed move doesn't show asuka landing on her head but to be fair asuka does look loopy in the first clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Officer999

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Surely Alicia should be fired too.

It still doesn't beat TNA's decision to allow a drugged up Jeff Hardy to headline their PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seeing Torrie's HoF video reminds me of how long Alicia has been there

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Seeing Torrie's HoF video reminds me of how long Alicia has been there

Seeing Torries HoF video reminds me of how hot Torrie was in her prime :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yes... in her prime. I would absolutely refuse her now, unless she really begged. Then would just be out of pity. I'm selfless like that

• Advertisement

Very decent of you ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Meltzer reporting Ciampa is going to get surgery on his neck. They worry he could be out of action for anywhere between 6 and 14 months.

Oh dear, couldn't get a worse momentum staller than that. Anything with the neck is very serious, Jason Jordan's career seems to be over because of neck issues.

What happens the NXT scene now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

man ciampa has been unlucky with injuries the last 2 years.

really interesting what they do with NXT now as theyve filmd the guts of it for mania takeover so will be interesting to see what they do

J. Marston wrote: »
    Oh dear, couldn't get a worse momentum staller than that. Anything with the neck is very serious, Jason Jordan's career seems to be over because of neck issues.

What happens the NXT scene now?

I suspect Adam Cole - Gargano.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Stuff like this is why Vince can't trust the smaller guys to be on top

• Registered Users Posts: 16,942 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

We're not going to see a proper end to the Gargano/Ciampa feud. Crying shame as it was the hottest rivalry going in WWE for a long time.

Hope Ciampa recovers fully.

ricero wrote: »
    Stuff like this is why Vince can't trust the smaller guys to be on top

What does this even mean? Did you think for two seconds before writing it?

Undertaker, Triple H, Dave Batista, Mark Henry, Randy Orton...all big guys who've missed huge amounts of time due to injury.

Smaller wrestlers are not more injury prone. Different size people are prone to different types of injuries. They'll get wear & tear injuries more frequently because they put more miles on their body in an individual match, but the larger guys get muscle tears and joint issues more readily - I've lost track of the quads, pecs, biceps etc Triple H has torn.

Vince prefers big guys on top because he has a muscle fetish, nothing to do with durability. Go and watch the WBF.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Both are true. Bodies with less muscle mass are going to break down faster than bodies with greater muscle mass (if exposed to the same impact). However bodies with more muscle mass, especially if that is synthetically enhanced and thus strained by the use of PEDs etc, can break down more often but can also recover quicker.

That’s total laymen’s terms now, it’s obviously more complicated, but neither opinion is wrong because they’re two separate issues. The end result is essentially negligible. Vince could choose to look at it as it’s tougher to back smaller guys in a job requiring so much force on the body so frequently over a long period of time, or that big guys need to do less so take less mileage on their bodies. That’d be more personal opinion than based on any science though, while not categorically untrue either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Monokne wrote: »
    What does this even mean? Did you think for two seconds before writing it?

Undertaker, Triple H, Dave Batista, Mark Henry, Randy Orton...all big guys who've missed huge amounts of time due to injury.

Smaller wrestlers are not more injury prone. Different size people are prone to different types of injuries. They'll get wear & tear injuries more frequently because they put more miles on their body in an individual match, but the larger guys get muscle tears and joint issues more readily - I've lost track of the quads, pecs, biceps etc Triple H has torn.

Vince prefers big guys on top because he has a muscle fetish, nothing to do with durability. Go and watch the WBF.
    He is technically correct though. It's a known thing about Vince that he believes smaller wrestlers get injured more often than bigger wrestlers. It doesn't hold up to scrutiny using the examples you gave and many more available but that is known to be his opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement