Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Silt question probably but what’s the connection? Was he involved in the podcast?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Personally I would rather see someone like Jim Cornette back in WWE then Bruce Prichard. Cornette may be old fashioned with his views on wrestling but I couldn't help but agree with a lot of the stuff he said when he reviewed the last two episodes of Raw. I feel like he would be a good mind to have behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,629 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Personally I would rather see someone like Jim Cornette back in WWE then Bruce Prichard. Cornette may be old fashioned with his views on wrestling but I couldn't help but agree with a lot of the stuff he said when he reviewed the last two episodes of Raw. I feel like he would be a good mind to have behind the scenes.

Yeah Cornette for all his faults. He is correct on the TV issues. He might not change the storylines but if cornette was involved the TV would be less painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Id love to see the next Cornettes and Pritchards more involved instead

I dont know who they are exactly, but the whole team behind NXT headed by HHH should be given more freedom and time to do their thing on the main roster

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,356 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Sounds like the title of a Waterford Whispers article.

But seriously though, no. Please Taker, just don’t.

Hearing taker sell blue chew or Mack Weldon would be something else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah Cornette for all his faults. He is correct on the TV issues. He might not change the storylines but if cornette was involved the TV would be less painful.

Cornette has proven himself to be unemployable. Look at the way he exited WWE, TNA and ROH.

Furious, over the top bust ups with people, slapping people. Why would you want that in your company?

WWE should bring Russo back to creative. Have him there simply as a different voice. It's not like he will have all the creative control like he used to. But what is the harm in having people with different ideas? WWE really need something new, even if it's off the wall. At least it will kill the crippling monotony of what we've been watching the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

sirmanga wrote: »
    Cornette has proven himself to be unemployable. Look at the way he exited WWE, TNA and ROH.

Furious, over the top bust ups with people, slapping people. Why would you want that in your company?

WWE should bring Russo back to creative. Have him there simply as a different voice. It's not like he will have all the creative control like he used to. But what is the harm in having people with different ideas? WWE really need something new, even if it's off the wall. At least it will kill the crippling monotony of what we've been watching the last few years.

You say they should hire someone new and your suggestion is someone from the past. New ideas would require someone actually new. Not the guy that got Impact booted off of Spike.

cian68 wrote: »
    You say they should hire someone new and your suggestion is someone from the past. New ideas would require someone actually new. Not the guy that got Impact booted off of Spike.

No, I mean they need someone with a different voice. They've been hiring new people for years and nothing has changed. Say what you want about Russo but he is the only person in history who has actually changed Vince's mind about what direction the company should be going in. The dark old days of 95 into 96, Russo told Vince what needed to change and Vince listened. That isn't just Russo's story, Prichard has said he credits Russo with making Vince listen and see a different path for the company. There's a good bit a about it in the Power Slam ebook as well.

Now, I'm not saying Russo should be back full time and in charge of everything, I'm saying allow him to give his input for certain angles and on Raw and PPVs. I honestly think if Russo can be controlled he is of some value to a company.

• Advertisement

Also, I wouldn't mind, even for a few months, watching Raw and seeing things that were a bit nuts. It might wake me up from the coma I, and lots of other fans go into watching Raw every week.

Its just so boring and samey. Everyone cuts the same promo, with the same cliched message, delivered with the same syntax.

Imagine having just one segment on the show that felt completely different, even if it was totally rubbish. But different. At least it would give us something to talk about. Right now there's nothing to talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

sirmanga wrote: »
    WWE should bring Russo back to creative.

Surely this in and of itself is enough for a lifetime ban, mods? :eek:

Seriously though, all this debate of Cornette, Russo, Prichard etc.

Vince is in charge. It's all moot. Someone mentioned the idea that at least "Russo would have some different ideas". Seriously, do you think in the 20 years and literally hundreds of writing staff since he left, there's been no off the wall or different ideas?

Creative is Vince. None of this mess is going to substantively change until he's dead or gone. He is absolutely stuck in his ways. Looks > ability to get over. Someone's getting pushed and they're not over by week 3? Bury them. There's a talent who has strengths that will allow them connect with the audience but don't fit Vince's vision of wrestling? F*ck it, book them like we would everyone else and blame the talent when it doesn't work.

It's depressing but it's reality. Good sh*t like Becky slips through the cracks & sometimes he has the old magic when it comes to the big picture. We just have to enjoy that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

sky88 wrote: »
    Hearing taker sell blue chew or Mack Weldon would be something else

Me Undies, c'mon man, it sells itself! Me Undietaker

• Registered Users Posts: 60,388 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

More nudes leaked.

More nudes leaked.

Please don't be Paige again.

Edit: not that any WWE superstars should be leaked but Paige seems to gotten back on the right track after a ****ty couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,388 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Please don't be Paige again.

Edit: not that any WWE superstars should be leaked but Paige seems to gotten back on the right track after a ****ty couple of years.

Dash and Riddle.

Dash and Riddle.

So male wrestlers. Not that it's any better btw.

And Tammy synch aka sunny has been arrested again and is back in jail in New Jersey.

And Tammy synch aka sunny has been arrested again and is back in jail in New Jersey.

She’s having a lot of personal issues! Is it drink or drugs Is her poison of choice?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    She’s having a lot of personal issues! Is it drink or drugs Is her poison of choice?

It seems it's drink. There was a warrant issued for her after she failed to keep up a repayment plan to either New Jersey or Pennsylvania for her issues previous to this one. She was then arrested after being found to have been drunk driving and having an open bottle in the car with her. She was put in jail again it seems for not obeying the terms of her parole. I hate to say it but if she doesn't get help(and it won't be from WWE as they've said they won't pay for rehab) then we may have an unhappy end to this story.

• Advertisement

It seems it's drink. There was a warrant issued for her after she failed to keep up a repayment plan to the either New Jersey or Pennsylvania for her issues. She was then arrested after being found to have been drunk driving and having an open bottle in the car with her. She was put in jail again it seems for not obeying the terms of her parole. I hate to say it but if she doesn't get help(and it won't be from WWE as they've said they won't pay for rehab) then we may have an unhappy end to this story.

Haven’t they put her through rehab previously?

I just finished watching OSW Sunny Side Up. :pac: Sad stuff.

I think she’s been through multiple ones from wwe. Always so sad to people go this way wonder if ddp could work his magic

They did and she complained it didn't work due to Linda McMahons failed senate bid. :confused: no idea why she thinks that would help her case with WWE.

Right I've checked and the warrant and the drink driving arrest aren't linked they just happened close to each other.

She was arrested in New Jersey two days ago for driving while intoxicated and issued summons for
    - open alcohol container in car
    -consumption of alcohol in car
    -reckless driving
    -failure to stop at a stop sign
    - careless driving
    - driving with a suspended drivers licence
    -driving the wrong way on a one way street.
    Yeah ddp may have to work his magic again.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I don't see how DDP could even help Sunny, ya know assuming she wants to be helped?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I would suppose in the same manner he helped Jake & Scott, would be the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DAN85

https://youtu.be/rtw2aWGYYgk
    New out of character interview with The Undertaker.

I wonder if Becky is really getting at ronda she always seemed a little thin skinned

https://twitter.com/rondarousey/status/1101223230214303744?s=21

• Advertisement

It could and probably is part of the storyline but some of rondas replies to becky could be seen as her getting annoyed at what becky is tweeting. But with wrestling unless told otherwise at this point I assume it's some part of the storyline.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement