Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I've read that Twitter back and forth. Bang of "Goldberg refused to follow the script" from Ronda's tweets, calling the mugshots and Becky's finisher fake and talking about scripts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

It's all a work guys. But an effective one.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

it's an effective work but I wonder how much wwe have told them can and cannot say in terms of content. I see the becky mugshot pic is now available on wwe.com... they really don't faff about

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

TimesArrow wrote: »
    it's an effective work but I wonder how much wwe have told them can and cannot say in terms of content. I see the becky mugshot pic is now available on wwe.com... they really don't faff about

It's on wweshop.com too, already on a t shirt

https://shop.wwe.com/becky-lynch-mugshot-t-shirt/2389056F9D.html?dwvar_2389056F9D_color=black#start=1

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I mean I think it's a given that Becky is going to be in the raw women's title match. My only slight worry is how the get Becky back into the match in a way that makes it right. I mean we all still want to suspend our disbelief watching this stuff but I'm afraid they'll do it in a way that's cheap which wouldn't help an angle for the most part that's been done very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Monokne wrote: »
    It's all a work guys. But an effective one.

It's a load of absolute bollox is what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I dunno that twitter thread is gold

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

And now Tommy Wiseau has gotten involved in the Becky/Ronda back and forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    And now Tommy Wiseau has gotten involved in the Becky/Ronda back and forth.

Oh hi marks!

martyos121 wrote: »
    Oh hi marks!

I never thought I'd see a day where Tommy Wiseau of all people would get involved indirectly in a wrestling story line, but here we are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I never thought I'd see a day where Tommy Wiseau of all people would get involved indirectly in a wrestling story line, but here we are.

The wrestling world is an ideal one for Wiseau to exist in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

And what's even weirder is that he's a better actor than both of the women involved.

sirmanga wrote: »
    And what's even weirder is that he's a better actor than both of the women involved.

Well yeah because he wasn't creatively strangled when it came to The Room, imagine being left to your own devices creatively, and waiting for the results be they good or bad, instead of being told what you have to do. Whereas if he were dealing with Vince and his ever constant flip flopping on a weekly basis, he'd probably be torn apart.

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's a load of absolute bollox is what it is.

Who pissed in your cornflakes ? You don't like it fair enough but at least on Beckys she's doing a good job.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Who pissed in your cornflakes ? You don't like it fair enough but at least on Beckys she's doing a good job.

Who pissed in my cornflakes? I have a different opinion than you and you come out with that? Ok. Not odd at all. No wonder some Becky Lynch fans get such a bad rep!

When it gets to stuff like name dropping real names, mentioning scripts and calling moves fake looking, you're into territory of late 2000s WCW. It's stupid. It's Russo stuff. There's the two of them in it and it's getting worse and worse. They need to put the phones down a little bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Who can ever forget the Twitter wars of WCW in 2000...

leggo wrote: »
    Who can ever forget the Twitter wars of WCW in 2000...

Jesus can you imagine? Russo would've been in his element with Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭Floppybits

And not a peep out of Charlotte. Love Becky's twitter "Ronnies Shook, Vince is Shook. Charlotte is a dope. and Shook." :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Why is the Ronda/Becky storyline more interesting on Twitter than on TV (apart from the "fake" and "script" nonsense)?

Why can't WWE come up with some good promos like this instead of having Becky hobble in from the crowd again and again?

If you ask me, WWE should have gone the Cena/Michaels route from 07 and had Becky and Ronda win the tag titles in the lead up to their one on one match at Mania. Instead we have this convoluted nonsense that they are giving us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Honestly find most wrestlers on Twitter to be flat out embarrassing & would be in any era. Lynch & Rousey went from being a big match to me to then involving the McMahons & Charlotte which honestly diminished moat of my interest for me.
    Sick of seeing Stephanie, Vince looking every hour of 75 & Charlotte cutting weak promos while trying to act.
    They didn't need Lynch & Rousey feuding for the 3 months before Mania either. Seperate brands makes that easier to happen & they could interact on the PPV's in between. Neither have enough fresh material as shown on Twitter.

Anyway this is a news thread so here is rather bad news unfortunately

https://twitter.com/Matmenpodcast/status/1101316278545981440?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,621 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Loved Howards way of introducing people. "Ber-et..... hitMAAAAAAAAAAAAN......Hort".

I met him once. Nice fella.

Who pissed in my cornflakes? I have a different opinion than you and you come out with that? Ok. Not odd at all. No wonder some Becky Lynch fans get such a bad rep!

When it gets to stuff like name dropping real names, mentioning scripts and calling moves fake looking, you're into territory of late 2000s WCW. It's stupid. It's Russo stuff. There's the two of them in it and it's getting worse and worse. They need to put the phones down a little bit more.

So why couldn't you have posted the second part of this post which are all valid criticisms you have ? I'd actually agree with most of the points you made in the second part of this post. Your original post just seem overalls angry for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

sirmanga wrote: »
    Why is the Ronda/Becky storyline more interesting on Twitter than on TV (apart from the "fake" and "script" nonsense)?

Why can't WWE come up with some good promos like this instead of having Becky hobble in from the crowd again and again?

If you ask me, WWE should have gone the Cena/Michaels route from 07 and had Becky and Ronda win the tag titles in the lead up to their one on one match at Mania. Instead we have this convoluted nonsense that they are giving us.

It's connecting huge with the audience. You're in the minority. But you never like almost anything to be fair ;)

So why couldn't you have posted the second part of this post which are all valid criticisms you have ? I'd actually agree with most of the points you made in the second part of this post. Your original post just seem overalls angry for no reason.

I'll post how I want to post if that's ok wth you. Had muesli this morning by the way, urine-free.

The Nal wrote: »
    Loved Howards way of introducing people. "Ber-et..... hitMAAAAAAAAAAAAN......Hort".

I always loved "The winner.... and NEWWWWWW World Wrestling Federatio Champion...."

https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-superstar-pay-brock-lesnar/

The reported salaries for WWE male and female superstars as of mid 2018. There are some baffling numbers for some average talent. I'm assuming these numbers if true are the downside guarantee numbers meaning if they did nothing else they'd get this money but merch probably bumps up the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

If those numbers true which I doubt the women are seriously underpaid along with usos and new day. 900k for jinder is why I’m not putting faith in that

I always loved "The winner.... and NEWWWWWW World Wrestling Federatio Champion...."

I'd say being a wrestler and hearing him say that about you must have been some rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-superstar-pay-brock-lesnar/

The reported salaries for WWE male and female superstars as of mid 2018. There are some baffling numbers for some average talent. I'm assuming these numbers if true are the downside guarantee numbers meaning if they did nothing else they'd get this money but merch probably bumps up the numbers.

Considering 411 are quoting The Mirror who also say "they are flown on first class flights, stay in five-star hotels and use luxury rental cars - often at the expense of the company" which we know ain't true so I'd take it all with a pinch of salt

If they're true, I'm surprised Braun and Nakamura are on salaries less than Harper and Rowan among others, it's not being there long term because The Usos are there longer and bottom of the males

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

If they're true, I'm surprised Braun and Nakamura are on salaries less than Harper and Rowan among others, it's not being there long term because The Usos are there longer and bottom of the males

Would it not be down to when their last contract was negotiated? I can see Braun coming in fairly green and getting a small amount and maybe hasn't negotiated one since.

Nakamura was big in Japan but relatively unknown to the main WWE audience which might explain that.

All that being said in comparison to other forms of entertainment none of them are paid massive money really tbf

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement