Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

sky88 wrote: »
    Jack swagger granted his release according to him on chael sonnon podcast

Could have a great indie run can't blame him for wanting it.

Obligatory "Good god what is swack Jagger doing in the impact zone"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Might also want to try MMA before he's too old. He surely must have some pretty big what ifs there considering his wrestling background and all

Surprised I got a response in before the ****e TNA renaming joke

Pleasure to be of assistance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,502 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Swagger if he has any interest at all in going to Japan could do very well over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He's doing pretty well for himself on 8 Out of 10 Cats as well, funny guy.

Netflix series about Glow arrives June 23 starring Alison Brie & Marc Maron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Swagger if he has any interest at all in going to Japan could do very well over there.

Id love to Swagger in Japan. He should use his real name too, it's bad ass. Jake Hager. It's up there with Nick Nemeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just talking to someone last night about him and the fact he hasn't been on Smackdown since October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

He probably knew himself that he was reaching JTG level of irrelevancy.

More than likely go to TNA because Zeb works there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was just talking to someone last night about him and the fact he hasn't been on Smackdown since October.

For some reason, it surprises me that two humans in the world had an actual conversation about Jack Swagger in 2017.

He was more used as an example when a friend suggested moving Cesaro to SD and I said him and Zayn. And that instead they moved Swagger who just disappeared.

• Advertisement

This makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I wouldnt be surprised to see Swagger reunite with Dirty Dutch is TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They seem to be moving away from paying big money to people just for name recognition value. Probably wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Monokne wrote: »
    For some reason, it surprises me that two humans in the world had an actual conversation about Jack Swagger in 2017.
    Maybe his parents have the occasional chat about him too.

Also, it's March, can this thread be for news and rumors for 2017?

Maybe his parents have the occasional chat about him too.

Maybe not, I heard he and Bunkhouse fell out on that fishing trip back in 2010 and his Mum dare not mention his name anymore...

15047366.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,061 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

TNA back on our screens from next month for those who still want to or do watch it

http://impactwrestling.com/impact-wrestling-has-a-new-u-k-home/

Hope long before the TNA name is completely gone I wonder.

Don't get that on the standard Sky.

The hilarity never ends on Impact
    Alberto debuted. Was introduced as Alberto De Patron. Later in the show, they realised it should be El Patron. Oh, and he's beaten Lashey for the world title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I see pritchard is back with tna. Whats going on here are they doing another reboot ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ricero wrote: »
    I see pritchard is back with tna. Whats going on here are they doing another reboot ?

Jarrett and Mantell are back , both running the show behind the scenes, hence the new changes. Its not a total reboot, story lines have transferred over but with the exit of current stars (Maria, Mike Bennett, The Hardys) , and the arrival of new ones (Alberto, Pritchard, Blue pants, younger new talent), a show will obviously change a lot going forward

ricero wrote: »

Looks like it. They've eradicated the TNA name, and made Dutch Mantell head booker. On screen character too. He did his We, The People shtick on the latest impact.

Isn't Scott D'Amore back in the fold as well or due back soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/honma-hospitalized-injured-injury/

Looks like Tomoaki Honma could be seriously hurt. I hope not, I like the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

New Ring Of Honor tag team Champions were crowned last night at their Manhattan Mayhem, no doubt the videos/pictures have already been seen..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    New Ring Of Honor tag team Champions were crowned last night at their Manhattan Mayhem, no doubt the videos/pictures have already been seen..

To expand...
    Matt and Jeff Hardy appeared after a Young Bucks match, challenged them and won the titles. My understanding is they cut a promo afterwards, saying they are working RoH and gave specific dates...which, coincidentally, do not go past April 1st. Belief seems to be the original plan was to have their match against YB in a few weeks be the start of something, and now that will be the feud ender, before the Boyz head to WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    To expand...
    Matt and Jeff Hardy appeared after a Young Bucks match, challenged them and won the titles. My understanding is they cut a promo afterwards, saying they are working RoH and gave specific dates...which, coincidentally, do not go past April 1st. Belief seems to be the original plan was to have their match against YB in a few weeks be the start of something, and now that will be the feud ender, before the Boyz head to WWE.

Further spoilery thoughts
    What if them showing up at Ring Of Honor, challenging and beating the Young Bucks was their way of fulfilling/honouring their indie dates that they "couldn't commit to anything past May" they then drop the titles back to The Young Bucks at Supercard Of Honor before eventually popping back up in WWE at Wrestlemania 33

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    To expand...

Yeah
    They face the Young Bucks WM weekend iirc, where they will be expected (who knows) to drop the titles back to them. Great ways to get eyes on their product (ROH) imo and The Broken duo really are making themselves ever more of a big deal atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

First team ever to win WWE, WCW, TNA and ROH tag team titles apparently. Didn't know they'd won the WCW belts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pentecost wrote:
    First team ever to win WWE, WCW, TNA and ROH tag team titles apparently. Didn't know they'd won the WCW belts.

During the sh!te invasion they did alright

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement