Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would love to see Hardys Vs. The Shield (Ambrose and Rollins)

Jeff Hardy vs. Seth Rollins also would be good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

The Hardys are worth more than that.

Jeff is as a single.

As a team, the New Day is the top act and that's the team for them to work with. It's no different than working with Crazy Steve and Abyss in TNA is it?

If it were me, I'd bring Matt back on one side, probably Raw, doing this gimmick in the midcard, and bring Jeff back on Smackdown as a main event babyface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'd do the opposite, Matt has never been as over as he is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure isn't the Wyatt feud already in play? Well they've had a few tweets back and forth

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

They'd be forgotten in two weeks if they went to the RAW black hole of a tag division. Smackdown needs him more.

I'd love to see them used on both shows, New Day have nothing to do between now and Maina so you know they'll feud with a match at Mania possibly with the Hardys and when Mania is over and Bray is still possibly champion wouldnt mind seeing them turn up on Smackdown to feud with Bray.

They won't be in WWE for long so use them like a special attraction not associated to any show and just show up to feud with specific people.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd love to see them used on both shows, New Day have nothing to do between now and Maina so you know they'll feud with a match at Mania possibly with the Hardys and when Mania is over and Bray is still possibly champion wouldnt mind seeing them turn up on Smackdown to feud with Bray.

They won't be in WWE for long so use them like a special attraction not associated to any show and just show up to feud with specific people.

I agree with this bring them in as freelancers who jump between shows.

That's true. However, the context is key. Are you saying you'd have him working with John Cena and doing the b movie comedy, shooting fireworks at boats and teleporting etc? Just feels like he'd be a terrible fit in a serious program.

Never been an issue with the zombie who can magically appear when the lights go out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

probaley the best fit for them with the broken gimmicks would be NXT were they would be allowed to do some of the wacky stuff and have more input.

but that would be a waste of not having there star power on raw/smackdown

Yeah they're for sure not NXT bound given the money they'll be paid.

Trev reckons they did their medicals in Pittsburgh yesterday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If they signed right now and were straight into the mix I could imagine...

Debut at Mania in a segment with the hosts New Day. Make the big return on Raw and feud with the Day of New followed by maybe a short Enzo & Cass thing to lead them up to draft time which moves them to Smackdown so as to feud with the Wyatt's and where Jeff could also probably go for the world title, Matt could too but i'd imagine he would help elevate people in the midcard (Baron Corbin etc) while Jeff could do the same in the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

didnt think id be that excited about the Hardyz coming back but im starting to feel it now could be only a short term deal with apperences on the big 4 , WWE 2k18 deal and a HOF 2018 induction ???

I dont watch TNA so dont really know what Broken Matt Hardy and this Willow stuff are about ??

Any news on Kurt Angle returning to the ring ??

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It does show how weak the WWE 2017 Roster is that the returning of Goldberg who may/will become World Champion next weekend after being away for over a decade and having only 1 match and Rumble appearance to his name.

Then with Angle & The Hardy's returning along with other part timers Lesner, Taker, HHH, and Show who will all more than likely take the main spots at WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lord TSC wrote: »

Apparently the Hardy's lawyer informed TNA of interest from other companies (WWE), and someone high up in TNA said "well why don't they go to WWE then".

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Apparently the Hardy's lawyer informed TNA of interest from other companies (WWE), and someone high up in TNA said "well why don't they go to WWE then".

A bit irrelevant, but that quote reminds me of this:

242941_v1.jpg

Considering how important Matt has been to TNA since his change in persona, it'll probably feel just as painful too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Any news on Kurt Angle returning to the ring ??

I seen a quote from Kurt this morning, saying he had spoken to HHH about it, and he was told he would not see in ring action until after the HOF

Kurt likely to be named Raw GM after Mania, so goes the rumour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Monokne wrote: »
    Kurt likely to be named Raw GM after Mania, so goes the rumour.

Taking the Mick Foley role of being Stephanie's bitch? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Monokne wrote: »
    Yeah they're for sure not NXT bound given the money they'll be paid.

Trev reckons they did their medicals in Pittsburgh yesterday.

Subtle, I love it Maggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Omackeral wrote: »
    Subtle, I love it Maggle.

He's just having fun out there!

Jade, maria and mike bennett looks to be gone from TNA now as well thats 6 of there bigger stars gone now from the last year.

seen on twitter i think its coming from meltzer that tna want 10% of all the dates the wrestlers work on the indies which any wrestler would have to be mad to take really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Wonder will any of them end up in WWE (nxt )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Wonder will any of them end up in WWE (nxt )

Well Maria had heat with the Bella Twins for some time. There was beef between them after Maria made some remarks about them after WWE. Don't know if they cleared the air because I remember Maria making an apology to them on twitter, but who knows really. Not sure if WWE would be interested in her husband. As for Jade. Could see her being brought to NXT in the future. Once Asuka gets called the the main roster, they'll need someone on NXT so I reckon Jade could be that person.

It's been said many times that WWE is interested in the Hardy Boys, and if the Hardys have left TNA then I think a return to WWE is imminent. WWE would kill to have Jeff Hardy back, and if Matt were allowed to do his Broken Matt Hardy gimmick in WWE then I could see them using him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Matt teasing that they may be off to NJPW:

https://twitter.com/matthardybrand/status/836990450397560834

That basically confirms that they're going to WWE then. :pac:

Jack swagger granted his release according to him on chael sonnon podcast

Could have a great indie run can't blame him for wanting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's been reported that Bruce Prichard is going back to TNA in an on screen and backstage role. Good move by TNA as for all people may say Bruce is a WWE guy, he learned under two of the best in this business. The two being paul boesch in Houston and Vincent K McMahon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I have nothing against the guy, but honestly I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did in WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

sky88 wrote: »
    Jack swagger granted his release according to him on chael sonnon podcast

Could have a great indie run can't blame him for wanting it.
    Might also want to try MMA before he's too old. He surely must have some pretty big what ifs there considering his wrestling background and all

Surprised I got a response in before the ****e TNA renaming joke

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement