Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking sponsorship

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

suelaw wrote: »
    75-100 a week would be hugely beneficial. I will talk to the fundraiser parents about these ideas. Thanks so much for the help
    Exactly. All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

suelaw wrote: »
    75-100 a week would be hugely beneficial. I will talk to the fundraiser parents about these ideas. Thanks so much for the help

Sue, don't mind some of the replies here...you did stumble into the most active forum on boards.ie but maybe not the one that caters best to the answers you're looking for. This forum is more for a laugh than serious questions so some comments that may sound mean or shocking are actually meant in jest :)

On the bagpacking - one thing that I might say, if someone does refuse to have their bags packed, then maybe you would ask the girl at the till to move away to the next one while that person packs their own bags. If you don't want/have the money to pay then they should be saved the embarrassment/awkwardness of having a dewy eyed girl watching you as you try and buy your week's shopping on (most likely) a similar budget to the girls' own families.

I wish you all the luck with this endeavour though, I know what kind of Dancing Schools you're up against... Try Holland's, Chrissy D's, Royal Hotel and the Harbour bar for the midweek quizzes, raffles, karaoke, race nights etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭suelaw

Sue, don't mind some of the replies here...you did stumble into the most active forum on boards.ie but maybe not the one that caters best to the answers you're looking for. This forum is more for a laugh than serious questions so some comments that may sound mean or shocking are actually meant in jest :)

On the bagpacking - one thing that I might say, if someone does refuse to have their bags packed, then maybe you would ask the girl at the till to move away to the next one while that person packs their own bags. If you don't want/have the money to pay then they should be saved the embarrassment/awkwardness of having a dewy eyed girl watching you as you try and buy your week's shopping on (most likely) a similar budget to the girls' own families.

I wish you all the luck with this endeavour though, I know what kind of Dancing Schools you're up against... Try Holland's, Chrissy D's, Royal Hotel and the Harbour bar for the midweek quizzes, raffles, karaoke, race nights etc. :)

Yes I think I posted in the wrong place. I'll know better next time, but I did get some help that I do appreciate.

We have explained to the kids to move to another till if someone doesn't want their bags packed and also to step aside wen payment is being done.

I am up against some big schools here but I'll check out the different pubs u mentioned.

Cheers for the help and advice

What if Frada is right like? WHAT IF FRADA IS RIGHT?! :(

:)

Don't be ridiculous!

Advertisement