Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

OK Curran, Carpro advice.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Curran wrote: »
    As Vectra says, the protection is still there, even if you dont have the full effect of the hydrophobic characteristics.
    What shampoo have you been using? Or have you applied something on top of it since, such as a quick detailer?

CarPro say up to 6 months protection - but as you can imagine, thats in favourable conditions. The Oct Bank Holiday weekend was 11 weeks ago! ;)

Ha ha!! Don't know where I got 6 week from! Monday morning brain on go-slow!

I've been using Reset and haven't applied anything else on top of it. I thought the lack of hydrophobic behavior was an indicator that the protection was gone, good to know it's not. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Using the right shampoo, so it's not something you've done wrong.
    Protection will still be there. After the next wash, give it the once over with Reload again...a very light going over,just return the Hydrophobic properties. Even dilute 1:1, will give you another boost in shine and bring back the hydrophobic reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,514 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Curran wrote: »
    Using the right shampoo, so it's not something you've done wrong.
    Protection will still be there. After the next wash, give it the once over with Reload again...a very light going over,just return the Hydrophobic properties. Even dilute 1:1, will give you another boost in shine and bring back the hydrophobic reaction.

Try this, I find it great
    Dilute 3:1 water 3 : reload 1

Very lightly mist on car after final rinse and use as a drying aid.
    Excellent beading afterwards.
    Spare the reload as well ;)

Cheers lads. I gave it a very thin coating of Reload after the wash yesterday and it brought back the gloss and beading. I'm always surprised at how glossy the finish is after applying. Feels kind of like I'm cheating as it's so easy to apply!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

HydrO2 on the M6, 5 days on its beading well (you'd hope so!)

AF0545AB-300A-44AC-A155-537CDFF8BFDA_zpsq6sd9jpp.jpg

5B6D01BE-F22A-4DFA-BB19-C8785AEAAB8B_zpskbqlnx1e.jpg

Beading in the dark:

CD727DFE-9682-4A09-8371-8CDF39B10150_zpssglrlman.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Duplicate

Did a rush job on my own and my Dad's prior to a wedding in early Dec and used HydrO2 to give them a boost in shine - hasnt been washed since, but up until a week or so ago, it was still producing beads on a filthy car - Im expecting it to return after a wash...whenever I get around to it (hopefully Monday or Tuesday)

That M6 is a beast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

hey Curran, putting an order in today or tomorrow.

what is the consensus so far on HydroO2 vs say Collinite 915? durability being the biggest thing i'm looking for.

second, Hydro02Foam - how would you rate it against a decent wash n' wax shampoo (meguirs etc) ? does it leave a good coat as a base for the above products?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,514 ✭✭✭✭vectra

hey Curran, putting an order in today or tomorrow.

what is the consensus so far on HydroO2 vs say Collinite 915? durability being the biggest thing i'm looking for.

second, Hydro02Foam - how would you rate it against a decent wash n' wax shampoo (meguirs etc) ? does it leave a good coat as a base for the above products?

For durability I would get the Bilt Hamber snow foam and th 915.
    Give it a perfect prep and 2 coats of 915.

• Advertisement

Vectra is right....915 will be more durable but HydrO2 takes practically no effort. So if you were to take that into consideration, 2 applications of it a fee weeks apart would be better than 915.

HydrO2foam leaves a reasonable coating and would pair perfectly with HydrO2 already applied...whereas it may not pair well with 915. HydrO2foam will push on HydrO2's durability further. If going with 915, the Bilt Hamber Auto Wash is the shampoo to choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Hydro2 has to be the easiest thing in the world to use. Lasted well for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

Bit of a holy thread revival but is it safe for Forte to be used on head lights Curran?

Was curious if polycarbonate is good enough for Forte.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

edburg wrote: »
    Bit of a holy thread revival but is it safe for Forte to be used on head lights Curran?

Was curious if polycarbonate is good enough for Forte.

I used it on a helmet visor and it worked well.

Advertisement