Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BPB] 2014 Boards Photobook Sign-up Now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

CabanSail wrote: »
    Now awaiting images from
    • Kintaro Hattori
    • Saruman
    • dylbert
    • Buzz lightyear

Photo sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Mine was sent yesterday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Saruman wrote: »
    Mine was sent yesterday afternoon.

Got it :)

Only missing one from Buzz Lightyear now and we're looking good :D

Got my proof, looking good.

I know some of you are a curious bunch and are interested in numbers :)

Here's the latest list!
    1. Cork_girl
    2. aidanic
    3. PopeBuckfastXVI
    4. Nonsequitir
    5. Pixbyjohn
    6. RoryW
    7. mystic86
    8. asark
    9. feylya
    10. picaaf
    11. DeVore
    12. EyeBlinks
    13. Knickerbocker
    14. CabanSail
    15. Faceman
    16. flyingsnail
    17. MysticalRain
    18. Audubon
    19. jjdubya
    20. morrisseeee
    21. Zebrano
    22. Virtual
    23. ado100
    24. Riamfada
    25. Adrian.Sadlier
    26. Balfey1972
    27. obrano
    28. Spocker
    29. bernard0368
    30. inkedpt
    31. secman
    32. ceacg
    33. Damokc
    34. loki98
    35. dinneenp
    36. adox
    37. Kintaro Hattori
    38. swingking
    39. keps
    40. Art Deko
    41. mikka631
    42. Iamxavier
    43. SinisterDexter
    44. Pontecake
    45. Saruman
    46. Edser
    47. dylbert
    48. Buzz lightyear
    49. slowcyclist
    50. GASUN

As the design is ahead of schedule, we're able to take any late submissions.. so please do get involved if you're anyway interested, you will be so glad when you see the book :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

There's some really nice work in this book, but you are a talented lot.

Think this years book has a very good feel. You'll have to wait and see though as only myself and my fabulous Proof Reader (Cork_girl) get to see the preview. Those of you who have Proof Pages will see the layout.

We have hit 50 pages. There is the usual preface and a special page at the end. So about 9 more pages free.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

With a pinch of pixie dust and a sprinkling of keyboard magic I've managed to get my entry in.

Hello strangers.

Thank you to Tony and Tracy for putting this wonderful book together. I'm now looking forward to the launch for meeting you mad lot again :)

Just a reminder to everyone also - make sure you make the payment after submitting the photo!

You should all have received either Paypal or Bank Transfer details after signing up - if you didn't please let us know.

Cheers :D

If you aren't submitting this year, don't worry - you can still buy a copy ;)

The book is €20 if you can collect from Boards HQ on South William Street, Dublin - or add on €8 for postage if you can't collect.

Just send us an email to boardsbook @ gmail.com and we'll send you the paypal details.

If anyone in the book wants to order an extra copy, just complete this order form and we'll add it to the existing order. So far, we are ordering the numbers that are in the sign-up form once matched with payments.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

We now have a 55 page book. party-smiley-020.gif

There is one more image due to be sent, which will make 54 Photo's
    party-smiley-048.gif

• Advertisement

I am about to depart home to fly to Dublin. action-smiley-085.gif

So while I will be able to check in on route I doubt I can add photo's to the book.

Will be arriving on Wednesday and I think the book has to be at the publishers early next week.

So if you want an image in you will have to extract a digit action-smiley-075.gif We are almost full anyway.

Next thing is organising the launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

I am about to depart to fly home to Dublin.

I only had to reposition one work to get it right :P

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

I already departed and sailed home to Dublin
    and everything was -almost- right (again) :confused:

Free WiFi in the Airport Lounge and some time to kill

We now have a 58 page book, 56 of those are Photo Pages.

Some people have put links to their photo sharing sites in with their details. I have now added this as a link in blue under the page number.

If anyone else wants this added to their page please let me know via PM or email in the next couple of days.

If you have submitted a link and want to confirm it's been added, also contact me. Likewise if anyone wants a final Proof Page sent let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Some people have put links to their photo sharing sites in with their details. I have now added this as a link in blue under the page number.

If anyone else wants this added to their page please let me know via PM or email in the next couple of days.

If you have submitted a link and want to confirm it's been added, also contact me. Likewise if anyone wants a final Proof Page sent let me know.

Is this really something we really want in the book?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

mystic86 wrote: »
    Is this really something we really want in the book?
    hmmmm, i asked myself the same question but was too shy to put it in words.

Why not? If someone buys the book, likes the image and wants to find more from the photographer, that's an easy way for them to find out more.

Saruman wrote: »
    Why not? If someone buys the book, likes the image and wants to find more from the photographer, that's an easy way for them to find out more.

ya, I get the argument for it, I just don't think it'll look well on a photo book (you are paying for).

What about an index with the links, lol

mystic86 wrote: »

What about an index with the links, lol

Good way to fill a page ;)

• Advertisement

In previous books some people included links, some didn't :)

Up to the individuals really. As boards nicks are given, it's pretty easy get in touch with photographer anyhow..

This is a sample of a left page in the book with Photo, Title, Description, Boards Name (Real Name), Page Number and Link.

Hope you like the look. A bit late now to change it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MEERKAT 86

This is a sample of a left page in the book with Photo, Title, Description, Boards Name (Real Name), Page Number and Link.

Morning CabinSail,fabulous photo and lay out work,well done can't wait for the launch day.

Great work, looks great, but for the love of god look at that URL on the bottom right, please can we get rid of this, it's inappropriate IMO

I suspect that page is made up, it's just an example. That url doesn't exist and I'm pretty sure that boards.ie user is just a random name as an example.

It's totally fictional.

I did recently watch "The Life of Brian" again, can you tell?

Some payments haven't come through yet - I've emailed the ones I couldn't see.. can you please check your email/make the payment as soon as possible please!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MEERKAT 86

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Some payments haven't come through yet - I've emailed the ones I couldn't see.. can you please check your email/make the payment as soon as possible please!

Happy birthdayto you.!!sorry ment to say happy to do so ..have I let the cat out??

MEERKAT 86 wrote: »
    Happy birthdayto you.!!sorry ment to say happy to do so ..have I let the cat out??

Shhhh :) But thanks!

• Advertisement

Ok today is D-Day for sure - we need to go to print. That means exact numbers for the order and no changing minds!

I'm missing payments from 6 people, emailed you all - please please get in touch early today so I know if you are in or out. If I don't hear from you, you're out unfortunately as I can't afford to pay for you! Chocolate buttons are my currency at the moment..

If you want to buy an extra book - that's still possible too.. until 4pm today but you have to make payment straight away (€20!).

Can't wait to send it off, it looks great :)

Advertisement