Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BPB] 2014 Boards Photobook Sign-up Now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭secman

Will be emailing my photo on next hour, looking at the image I have , the dpi is a lot higher than 300 ! Being a tech dinosaur. .. might need some advice here ... sorry !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

This should help if you're a Photoshop/Elements user - I've no idea of Lightroom I'm afraid!

Adobe Photoshop Method
    1. With image open in Adobe Photoshop (or Photoshop Elements) select the "Image > Image Size" menu option (may be "Image > Resize > Image Size" in Photoshop Elements).
    2. In the image size dialog window, deselect the "Resample Image" checkbox (make sure there is no checkmark in that box).
    3. In the "Resolution" box type in 300 (or whatever DPI you want). Click the "OK" button
    4. Your image DPI has now been set.
    5. Go back into "Image" > "Image Resize" and check that you're image is not smaller than 10x8 or 12x8 depending on what ratio image you are entering. If it is lower, then reselect the "Resample Image" checkbox, choose from the drop-down the best fit (whether you are enlarging or reducing) and then type in the image dimensions size box the size you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭secman

Have submitted a photo, let me know if it's in the correct format and dimensions.
    Thanks
    secman

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

Payment sent , photo to follow later this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

Photo submitted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

CabanSail wrote: »
    I am sure that it will be OK, probably be a bit below 300dpi but it will be close enough.

If you do find a bigger version I will use it but don't sweat it.

Better resolution image just sent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

Sent mine last night - along with the payment. Let me know if there are any problems.

Thanks,

Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Hi,

Apologies for being late!

Hope I'm still OK to be included?

The online form has been filled out, the payment for 2 copies has been sent and my photo has been emailed along with a title and description - hope that's everything.

Not sure if I can make the book launch, I have a wedding on the same day :( depends on what time the book launch is at, the earlier the better for me, haha.

Thanks to all the organisers!! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Proof Pages have been sent to everyone who is in the book so far.

If you have not received your Proof Page and think you should have, please contact me.

If there are any errors in your page then also contact me with corrections.

Still waiting for Photo's from
    • aidanic
    • PopeBuckfastXVI
    • Nonsequitir
    • RoryW
    • mystic86
    • EyeBlinks
    • jjdubya
    • Dave66

There are also still pages available for late entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

How cool and professional receiving a proof page! Nice job, good work!
    Yet, sorry for asking -i know you are already putting plenty of work and effort into this- but could there be no capitals in my name either?
    picaaf/aafke bakker would look perfect to me.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement

If you have not received your Proof Page and think you should have, please contact me.

• aidanic
    • PopeBuckfastXVI
    • Nonsequitir
    • RoryW
    • mystic86
    • EyeBlinks
    • jjdubya
    • Dave66

Hey, I already sent mine in before your post..?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

• aidanic
    • PopeBuckfastXVI
    • Nonsequitir
    • RoryW
    • mystic86
    • EyeBlinks
    • jjdubya
    • Dave66

So sorry for my tardiness :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

picaaf wrote: »
    How cool and professional receiving a proof page! Nice job, good work!

Just thought it was an easy way to show everyone their own layout and get corrections before it goes to press. Proofs are at full print resolution which will allow printing of personal pages.
    picaaf wrote: »
    Yet, sorry for asking -i know you are already putting plenty of work and effort into this- but could there be no capitals in my name either?
    picaaf/aafke bakker would look perfect to me.
    Thanks!

Send a reply to the email address and I will do the edits. If it's here I may forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

Got the proof - all OK there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Are there any late spots left? I'm sure I can rustle up one of my recent images in a few moments. I'm pretty new to photography but happy to participate if an image is needed and purchase a couple of copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

Saruman wrote: »
    Are there any late spots left? I'm sure I can rustle up one of my recent images in a few moments. I'm pretty new to photography but happy to participate if an image is needed and purchase a couple of copies.
    am not 100% certain! but suppose there are few pages/spaces left. Maybe just fill in mentioned form and see how you get on from there?

Did that yes, we shall see I guess.

Saruman wrote: »

100% in :)

Great to have you on board, we need all the support we can get for cause! Got your form and just sent you the Paypal details. Send in your photo as soon as you are able! Any questions, just let us know.

Waiting on 5 photos from people who have registered, 2 have been in touch so that's ok but the other 3 we hope will be in touch soon.

Still some spots available so please do sign-up and get in your photo if you're interested!

It's looking great, some beautiful work in there - kudos to CabanSail for doing a great job on the design!

Great, now to pick an amateurish photo to include.

• Advertisement

Cork_girl wrote: »
    It's looking great, some beautiful work in there - kudos to CabanSail for doing a great job on the design!

There is some stunning and varied work.

Thanks to Cork_girl for being such a good proof reader.

There have been a few minor spelling and grammatical edits. If anyone wants another proof page please let me know.

don't be teasing us :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

I'm new to photography and this forum, I've only a few half decent pictures to choose from but I'd like to get involved in this if it's not too late?

dylbert wrote: »
    I'm new to photography and this forum, I've only a few half decent pictures to choose from but I'd like to get involved in this if it's not too late?

Still space and a little time! Sign-up using the form linked to in the first post of this thread.. Then send in a photo and we'll send you payment details. The more the merrier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

OK excellent, just filled the form out there now. One question, I'm a bit clueless to exactly what 300ppi is, if the original picture is 4608 x 3456 will that do?

• Nonsequitir
    • RoryW
    • Dave66

I am way ahead of my schedule for having the book ready, so can still accept late entries. The more the better, there is no problem with quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

Photo submitted (hope it is ok as laptop is showing things dark these days)
    Payment made via paypal

Sorry for delay - a little distracted these days and spent the weekend assembling LOTS of flatpack furniture.

RoryW

• Nonsequitir
    • RoryW
    • Dave66

I am way ahead of my schedule for having the book ready, so can still accept late entries. The more the better, there is no problem with quality.

Unfortunately Dave66 isn't participating but apologises. Other two now received :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

• aidanic
    • PopeBuckfastXVI
    • Nonsequitir
    • RoryW
    • mystic86
    • EyeBlinks
    • jjdubya
    • Dave66

I haven't gotten any proof page yet.

• Advertisement

Now awaiting images from
    • Buzz lightyear

Would like to get titles from
    • Pixbyjohn
    • obrano

Have made a few edits to some pages since some Proofs were sent. Things that have changed are
    • Titles & Names capitaised (except as requested)
    • Some spelling and grammar corrections.
    • Font errors fixed.
    If you want to check on changes please request a new Proof page to be sent.

Advertisement