Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo Direct Incoming? TOTK & Advance Wars eShop Data Might Suggest So!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

It's time. 🤣

A new Nintendo Direct could drop next week, it’s claimed

That follows on from another rumour that was up on Reddit a couple of days ago that the Direct is on the 7th, but the mods took it down because they weren't confident in it even though they initially approved it.

Rumor: Nintendo Direct happening next week, Advance Wars possibly releasing soon

Very often when we start hearing all these rumours, the Direct is just around the corner.

Post edited by sligeach on

7th is their quarterly investor call. They don’t do directs on the same day as investor calls.

Well, they have quite a big launch coming up soon. 😃 100 days or less now I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Are we ready yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just replace half of those squares with farming life Sims. 😃

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

At least it isn't a card full of Pokemon/Smash Bros announcements!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

My genuine mental thought process was:

"Hey where's SilkSo... oh there it is."

I'm trying to just pretend that game's vapourware; then when it does come out, it'll be a genuine surprise.

Hollow Knight left me cold. Dark souls + bugs is not my cup of tea. No interest in Silk Song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm replaying Hollow Knight now. Dropped it a couple of years ago on a boss battle that I couldn't beat.

I have finished a lot of Metroidvanias in the last few years, so I'm finding it easier now. Not much easier, but easier! Still a good few hours away from that boss (maybe 5 areas away).

Don't think I'll 112% it, but I hope to finish it this time at least.

I'll be front of the queue for Silksong.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just give me advance wars there must be thousands of carts fully printed in warehouses everywhere ready to go out since 2021

They're sitting on top of the E.T. cartridges. 😉

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

10pm tomorrow, so it's a late one. I'm ready though!

Yep, Direct tomorrow. The rumours were correct.

I'm hoping this is a killer Direct, because I suspect we won't be getting another one until September if last year is any indication. Besides they don't really have much lined up unless they reveal new games tomorrow.

TOTK anyway, since that's out in the first half. I am trying to avoid any coverage of this to be honest as I want to play spoiler free. Makes the experience so much better.

But hope they have some nice suprises to remind MS and Sony there is more to gaming than zombie apocalypse shooters for guys. ZASFG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Don't worry. It'll be 35 mins of new MK8 booster tracks and 5 mins of what's on the next season of Splatoon 3.

Oopse I wrote “20:00” by mistake. Fixed it.

• Advertisement

Expecting a new Mario game and/or a new Donkey Kong game to release around the Super Mario Bros. Movie. The DK game will be called Donkey Kong Country: Polar Heat and it's made by Retro Studios. Probably some ports or remasters. Maybe F-Zero GX HD and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door HD. Or they might port Colour Splash from Wii U. Or Yoshi's Woolly World. Oh yeah, and maybe they'll dust off that Metroid Prime Trilogy HD or the first one at least.

A few weeks ago, they kind of hinted at an incentive to go back to Odyssey.

I wonder if we're going to get some new worlds in Odyssey instead?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

New Mario would be welcomed by me; having said that I'd very much like either DLC for Odyssey (given the email earlier in the year) or DLC for 3D All-Stars in the form of SMG2. A more rubbish (but peak Nintendo in "giz yer wallet and we'll tell you how much change you'll get" mode) version of the latter would be releasing each of the SM3DA-S titles individually on the eShop and adding SMG2 to the roster...

Anyway ...

It'll be much much better than the Grammys.

New Mario game will be teased by a post-credits scene after the movie obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Would love a new Donkey Kong to co-op, the Mrs and I don’t argue enough.

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is a wonderful game. Would be amazing to see something even better.

Lego leaks showed a Deku Tree set along with new LOTR Rivendell. The Rivendell set was announced today so there’s a chance the Direct could show the Lego Deku Tree set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I wonder would Nintendo ever consider Mario Lego games. Might be slightly too meta. Like when they released a Street Fighter movie game.

• Advertisement

It would have to be a Lego game based on a Lego set based on the Mario Movie based on the Mario game :)

Then that Lego game gets a Lego movie version.

Advertisement