Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

€16 is still a rip-off for a game like that.

There should have been x000 tickets given out free on a first come first served basis to STHs.

Well you can pay €8 if you stand, but yeah €16 is too much to watch a team of reserves play Mosely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭mailforkev

There is an option on Ticketmaster for both 20% off and free so there must be a free code floating around somewhere.

Maybe I didn't get the email which would explain why I can't find it.

Mind you, 8 quid standing isn't too bad. Excuse to get out of the house and have a few beers and a chat with the lads on the Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

OSI wrote: »
    There's a post on the OLSC facebook page saying people that bought their ST before the end of March got an email about tickets earlier, so I'm guessing they're the ones that got the free code.
    Great, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

How do you enter the code?

.ak wrote: »
    How do you enter the code?

No idea, I haven't got an email with one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭mailforkev

OSI wrote: »
    There's a post on the OLSC facebook page saying people that bought their ST before the end of March got an email about tickets earlier, so I'm guessing they're the ones that got the free code.

I did mine at start of March and never got a code :(

Got my email, but that's it. Dunno how to enter the code.

EDIT: Thanks Osi, must've had wrong link in the email?

I have only got the code for the 20% offer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

mailforkev wrote: »
    There is an option on Ticketmaster for both 20% off and free so there must be a free code floating around somewhere.

Maybe I didn't get the email which would explain why I can't find it.

Mind you, 8 quid standing isn't too bad. Excuse to get out of the house and have a few beers and a chat with the lads on the Friday evening.

Sure the fans need a preseason warm up too.

I have only got the code for the 20% offer.

They know who you are...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭odyboody

Free offer was only for reserved seating season tickets bought before March.
    Even if you were the first to buy a season ticket unless your one of the wealthy dry people forget it, 20% off only.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

dub_skav wrote: »
    I might be only 6'2" and retired a few years now, but if they made me the right offer.....

After seeing you play tip last week I actually rang Leo, unfortunately he has seen the tapes, I explained the camera adds 10 pounds but still not keen.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

odyboody wrote: »
    Free offer was only for reserved seating season tickets bought before March.
    Even if you were the first to buy a season ticket unless your one of the wealthy dry people forget it, 20% off only.

Must be an olive branch for upping the cost of their STs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

whats a moseley?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

salmocab wrote: »
    whats a moseley?

Def:
    mosely, n: a rugby team of Leinster's level

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

whats a moseley?

Moseley are actually one of the most historic rugby clubs in the world...

whats a moseley?

This place?

MosEisleyMan3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Sunday times reporting that Leo has been offered head coach position (2-3 yr Contract)....
    Is this old news??

Sunday times reporting that Leo has been offered head coach position (2-3 yr Contract)....
    Is this old news??

No, to this point he's been seen as an interim head coach.

No, to this point he's been seen as an interim head coach.

Thats what i thought. Gobsmacked.
    Peter O'Reilly wrote the article
    listen to this muck...
    Cullen will hope for a degree of patience from the famously impatient Leinster support and at least can count on the support of senior players, a few of whom have already given their imprimatur.
    F**K right off:mad:

• Advertisement

According to senior sources all that is required to close the deal is ratification by the IRFU's performance director, Nucifora, who has the final say.

It's understood that Cullen was easily the most impressive candidate interviewed.

Cullen enjoys a good relationship with McQuilkin....and would play the main role in securing a backs coach..

Who else did they interview that Cullen was the most impressive with 0 years as a head coach??
    Backs coach is now going to be even more impotant

This is incredibly risky. Have to say I'm not best pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'm very unhappy with this latest Cullen news. What has he done to deserve the job? Nothing very impressive so far IMO.

Whoever takes over as attack/backs coach is going to be very important now. Leinster were absolutely turgid in this regard last season so need someone who can bring a bit of innovation back. I'm not overly concerned about Cullen's coaching of the forwards because I think he was OK in that regard last season and he'll improve from here.

I'm quite worried about team selection. It'll only be natural for him to his faith in guys he knows from his own playing time but guys like Cian Kelleher, Luke McGrath, Ross Moloney just have to be given a shot. I've no idea if Cullen will be inclined to give it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its not ideal, far from it, but its RWC window, we cant afford to wait for success or failure of big coaches, at club or test level.

I would have reasonable faith that a brains trust of Cullen, Dempsey, Murphy, Fogarty, McQuilkin along with senior and seasoned players, Sexton, Heaslip, O'Brien and Nacewa who has had a foot in both roles, can deliver a cohesion and a performance level and an ethos for a solid season. Solid meaning the knock out stages in both competitions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Whoever takes over as attack/backs coach is going to be very important now. Leinster were absolutely turgid in this regard last season so need someone who can bring a bit of innovation back. I'm not overly concerned about Cullen's coaching of the forwards because I think he was OK in that regard last season and he'll improve from here.

I'm quite worried about team selection. It'll only be natural for him to his faith in guys he knows from his own playing time but guys like Cian Kelleher, Luke McGrath, Ross Moloney just have to be given a shot. I've no idea if Cullen will be inclined to give it to them.

Cullen is either going to be a roaring success of a total failure. I would hope if Dempsey is involved that the younger guys will get proper opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I'm not overly concerned just yet about these reports. Sure didn't the Indo say Joe had signed on until 2023. We've seen plenty of cases where major news outlets have gotten it badly wrong. I seriously hope that's the case here.

Giving Leo the head coach role for the season is fine given the way things have panned out. Give him a 1 year contract and be very specific about his targets for the year and that the role is an interim one. If after that he looks to be a good candidate then extend the contract and if not make sure during the course of the season there's other candidates looked at. That's more than reasonable I think. If they are not doing that then I would really worry about Leinster tbh. Appointing a guy for 2 -3 years with zero experience as head coach and only a single season in a coaching capacity at all, which wasn't exactly a roaring success, is just downright stupid. And we may get lucky and it may all pan out, but that doesn't make the decision the right one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

If Peter O'Reilly wrote it then I'd be very inclined to think it's true. He's a proper journalist, an increasing rarity these days.

The only way you appoint someone full time and give them full backing is with a 2-3 year deal. I don't like the idea of an "interim" coach at any level as a huge amount of what they do extends into long-term planning, and an interim coach is only incentivised to disregard those things. If Leo is going to be head coach then we need to be behind him 100%, it's the only intelligent way to proceed. It may be however that someone else is going to be involved at a senior level with a title that is not "Head Coach," as we've seen at more and more professional clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Strange decision but maybe the input from girv will be a good mix. Leo was always a player who u could see had amazing rugby intelligence and will have the trust of the squad for everything he'll do. If he's given a fair crack I'd be confident he can use the world cup to bring in a number of young players and let a few break into the team for when the big names are back

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement