Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 Bets to Broke Flat Season

Options
  • 28-03-2015 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Ill be reducing my stakes and leaving the sprint handicaps out of it this year, so as not to give away all my NH profit during the flat season.

Doncaster 2:35

Jack Dexter
    should be favourite for this in my view. He has won and been 3rd in this with a 5lbs penalty last year and has plenty of very decent form on better ground despite his preference for softer. 13/2 with Stan James is too big to ignore.

1 Point win 13/2 Stan James

Doncaster 3:10

I’m going to go with small win bets in these big field handicaps for most of the flat season, and in this I’m going with a couple of outsiders. Boots & Spurs showed well a few times in a light campaign last year and with some decent form fresh he looks worth a small bet at 36 in Betfair. In addition im pretty sure that Burano has a decent run in one of these this year and after a pipe opener lately on the AW he may well outrun his price here.

½ Point win Boots & Spurs 36 Betfair

½ Point win Burano 25/1 Generally

Doncaster 3:45

Bertiewhittle
    has been a popular bet for a couple of years now without winning but generally running well. He is a forgotton horse today and looks as if the step up in trip will probably suit him. He is down to a mark he is well proven off in these big field handicaps and at 60 on Betfair with a decent record fresh I won’t be missing that. I’m also going with a min bet on Don’t Call me, who has run enough decent races of this and higher mark to justify a small bet at 80 no Betfair.

1 Point win Bertiewhittle 60 Betfair

½ Point win Don’t Call me 80 Betfair

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Meyden 2:30

I’m afraid I can’t resist 8/1 about Sole Power here. This race isn’t as good as last year and the fav look overrated. He has run well here in the past, not as bad as Is generally thought and a repeat of last year’s run may get him very close here.

1 Point win 8/1 Generally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

aidankkk wrote: »
    Ill be reducing my stakes and leaving the sprint handicaps out of it this year, so as not to give away all my NH profit during the flat season.

Doncaster 2:35

Jack Dexter
    should be favourite for this in my view. He has won and been 3rd in this with a 5lbs penalty last year and has plenty of very decent form on better ground despite his preference for softer. 13/2 with Stan James is too big to ignore.

1 Point win 13/2 Stan James

Doncaster 3:10

I’m going to go with small win bets in these big field handicaps for most of the flat season, and in this I’m going with a couple of outsiders. Boots & Spurs showed well a few times in a light campaign last year and with some decent form fresh he looks worth a small bet at 36 in Betfair. In addition im pretty sure that Burano has a decent run in one of these this year and after a pipe opener lately on the AW he may well outrun his price here.

½ Point win Boots & Spurs 36 Betfair

½ Point win Burano 25/1 Generally

Doncaster 3:45

Bertiewhittle
    has been a popular bet for a couple of years now without winning but generally running well. He is a forgotton horse today and looks as if the step up in trip will probably suit him. He is down to a mark he is well proven off in these big field handicaps and at 60 on Betfair with a decent record fresh I won’t be missing that. I’m also going with a min bet on Don’t Call me, who has run enough decent races of this and higher mark to justify a small bet at 80 no Betfair.

1 Point win Bertiewhittle 60 Betfair

½ Point win Don’t Call me 80 Betfair

I was looking at boots n spurs n dont call me. You have concinced me to invest. Followed on bertiewhittle as well.

Sole power is tpo big at 8s. Had backed prior to you posting.

Good luck for this thread.

Meyden 2:30

I’m afraid I can’t resist 8/1 about Sole Power here. This race isn’t as good as last year and the fav look overrated. He has run well here in the past, not as bad as Is generally thought and a repeat of last year’s run may get him very close here.

1 Point win 8/1 Generally

You Beauty.... 8/1 of firm ground over 5f :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

You Beauty.... 8/1 of firm ground over 5f :D:D

I had tried to convince myself to finally stop backing him blindly, nearly didn't back him at Ascot. Fair due, you and another chap on the other board convinced me to put a couple of quid on SP today. Was encouraged by what fast Eddie said in the press, but, still. Well done.

2:25 Musselburgh.

In his last flat race Buthelezi was only a length of Hidden Gold trying to give him 9 lbs here in September. That hoses probably a 100 rated animal now and is vying for favouritism in the big stayers race in Lingfield today at odd of 5/2. Buthelezi was also running well until falling in a good 2m chase here again this winter. He looks to me as if he is coming nicely back to form and given his current mark of 88 and his peak rating of over 100 he is dangerous to discard here at a huge looking 20/1.

1 Point win 20/1 Generally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,264 ✭✭✭CH3OH

just in case anyone want to follow you.. it is the 14:25

• Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

In his last flat race Buthelezi was only a length of Hidden Gold trying to give him 9 lbs here in September. That hoses probably a 100 rated animal now and is vying for favouritism in the big stayers race in Lingfield today at odd of 5/2. Buthelezi was also running well until falling in a good 2m chase here again this winter. He looks to me as if he is coming nicely back to form and given his current mark of 88 and his peak rating of over 100 he is dangerous to discard here at a huge looking 20/1.

Get the fcuk out of here :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Thanks Aidan Woop Woop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Unreal again aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

he had it the whole way round he was never bet... Honestly say it's easy to back your tips well done and thanking you sir...

• Advertisement

Boom ya beaut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

i missed the bet by 30 seconds on betfair thought i was filled but when i went back to check it didnt go through. what a disaster but a great tip aidan well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Feck! Was watching ATR and only realised this race was off :( Super stuff again Aidan, plenty of points to start off your flat season already. Hope a good few got on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Feck! Was watching ATR and only realised this race was off :( Super stuff again Aidan, plenty of points to start off your flat season already. Hope a good few got on

Seen this thread this morning and put it on ew just to start

got 14/1 on PP

Aidan. I really do owe you Pints from the last thread and this one

put this in the wrong tread at first

Newbury 3:25

I’m going to go with a couple of big price min bet darts here. Excellent Guest has a decent record fresh and can win of this mark. Ascot may be his best course but at 60 on Betfair he is value here. Pearl Ice is a gut feeling selection. He is on a workable mark and showed me something last time out after a year off. He is 65

½ Point win Excellent Guest 60 Betfair
    ½ Point win Pearl Ice 65 Betfair

Epson 3:55

I’ll be keeping stakes small during the flat season this year but it’s hard to resist a small bet on Sennockian Star in this race. He won this race last year of only 1 lb lower and went on to win again later on last year of another 4lbs higher. We can safely ignore his last bad run as he has multiple times in the past ran poorly before a big improvement. 12/1 is value.

½ Point win 12/1 Generally

Epson 2:10

Swiss Cros
    s has never run a bad race here and off his lowest mark for a long time he’s bound to pop up soon enough so why not here at a half decent 11/1. He is drawn reasonably as well, and as with a lot of these sprints he will need a bit of luck on his side.

½ Point win 11/1 Betvictor & Will Hill

Epson 3:55

I’ll be keeping stakes small during the flat season this year but it’s hard to resist a small bet on Sennockian Star in this race. He won this race last year of only 1 lb lower and went on to win again later on last year of another 4lbs higher. We can safely ignore his last bad run as he has multiple times in the past ran poorly before a big improvement. 12/1 is value.

½ Point win 12/1 Generally

Epson 2:10

Swiss Cros
    s has never run a bad race here and off his lowest mark for a long time he’s bound to pop up soon enough so why not here at a half decent 11/1. He is drawn reasonably as well, and as with a lot of these sprints he will need a bit of luck on his side.

½ Point win 11/1 Betvictor & Will Hill

Yes, Shennokian Star has course form,(backed him last year)the others bar Fire fighting are just coming back,and front running tactics may suit and yes on a nice weight, but he's out of form and it's going to be good to firm

I'm more interested to see how Christophermarlowe does in the Derby trial. Trap trial but, should make the distance, Frankie is on form too

I know the Derby Trial is not a good indication of Derby potential, I know that trial race was weak, but keep an eye in Christophermarlowe this year. He could be anything.

Ripon 3:25

Arnold Lane
    looks to have been underestimated after a half decent return. If he should strip fitter here he looks well overpriced at 22/1 on Skybet. He is down to a workable mark after a long time probably too high. He should be winning soon enough.

1 Point win 22/1 Skybet

• Advertisement

Haydock 3:30

Emell
    has proved a shock at a huge price before and it may be dangerous to let him off here at 25/1. The handicapper has relented somewhat and given his patchy profile it easy enough to ignore the Lincoln run. I think he is worth a risk at 25/1 In case he decided to put It in here.

1 Point win 25/1 Sky/365

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Brilliant once again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭thesandeman

That'll do. Cheers Aidan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Well done Aidan your form is continuing on from the NH season.

Goodwood 2:50

Most of Pastoral Players decent runs over the last few years have been first time out and if he is ever going to repay a bit of faith today is the day. 12/1 isn’t exactly knocking my socks off for huge value but there is still a bit of margin in it, so I’ll go for him today. If he can’t have a decent shout today of this mark with a 7lbs claimer on, he may never.

1 Point win 12/1 Generally

That false rail at Newmarket and new stall position looks nasty, especially with front runners there. If they are hold up horses , they might be screwed, though the wind is crashing into their face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Goodwood 2:50

Most of Pastoral Players decent runs over the last few years have been first time out and if he is ever going to repay a bit of faith today is the day. 12/1 isn’t exactly knocking my socks off for huge value but there is still a bit of margin in it, so I’ll go for him today. If he can’t have a decent shout today of this mark with a 7lbs claimer on, he may never.

1 Point win 12/1 Generally

Great run into second to be fair.. def one for the note book, great tippin!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Could have won it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

magicmoves wrote: »
    Could have won it

Think he got a bit hampered looking at it again,.

• Advertisement

Once again, like Hillstar, Telescope is over rated. Knackers yard. The amount of hype the latter had two years ago,Jeez

Advertisement