Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you any good at blagging?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Saralee4 wrote: »
    Are you implying that I should not have been born now?

Wow and my dad's the nasty one!

Whatever makes you feel good.

Did you learn that from your dad?

natural selection has failed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

natural selection has failed...

No it hasn't! It's adapted. You can now tell the biological heritage defective traits of someone through their posts on boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Saralee4 wrote: »
    Are you implying that I should not have been born now?

Wow and my dad's the nasty one!

Whatever makes you feel good.

Did you learn that from your dad?

I think posting this wasn't a great idea but I must say I am impressed with how well you have handled the criticism if any other AH poster had their parents attacked in such a manner I think it is likely they would not have taken it so well! Do you have any other stories about your dads creative ways? I'm actually curious to hear what else he has got up to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

When I was young I used to blag concert tickets a lot.
    Had a few scams for getting on guest lists.
    The only blag I have done in recent years concerned Jameson Cult Film festival screenings.
    Not really a blag really, just bs'ing a PR firm for tickets by telling them what they want to hear.
    I hate PR firms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Jeez Saralee4 you're getting it bad *hug*

The most blatant blag I can remember is going into town with a buddy, both of us barely 15. Sunday, 12:30 p.m. and Network2 were gonna be showing both the Leinster and Munster football finals at 2. I dunno which one of us suggested it but we both went into a decent pub with a big screen tv to watch the game. No way we looked old enough, nor were wearing clothes in any way which made us look older. No fake id. "Two pints of Bud please," swiftly followed by a deep stare from the barman. "Are you 18?" he said, I looked him square in the eye, no blinking, "I'm actually 21" I responded. We then spent the day there and got absolutely rotten. Spent the night getting awful sick. First time getting sussed by the auld pair for drinking.

Edit: Actually that's not really a blag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Thread closed for review.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement