Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One piece of advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Time you enjoy wasting, isn't wasted time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If you are getting ready to do the deed on a one night stand, and she says that you dont need a condom, put one on anyway.
    You never know how many other dudes she has said that to.

Oh, and dont take advice from people off the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Mistakes, are only mistakes, if you don't learn anything from the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

You know that foil sheet under the lid on top of your spreadable butter? Get rid of it as soon as you open the container for the first time. Feck it straight into the bin and reduce your stress levels for the remainder of using the product. Gone will be the days of fishing it out of the butter or trying to get your knife in while gently holding it up. You don't need it so bin it.

Plazaman wrote: »
    You know that foil sheet under the lid on top of your spreadable butter? Get rid of it as soon as you open the container for the first time. Feck it straight into the bin and reduce your stress levels for the remainder of using the product. Gone will be the days of fishing it out of the butter or trying to get your knife in while gently holding it up. You don't need it so bin it.

Only buy real butter.

Life is short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Don't stand up in a canoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Only buy real butter.

Life is short.

And life could well be shorter if you only use real butter with all its heart clogging goodness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Never buy anything from someone that is out of breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Don't worry.

What ever it is - worrying about it won't make it any better.

Fortunately I was lucky enough to be born with a pronounced cavalier streak, so this one doesn't effect me too much. But I have see it cripple other people over the years and it always puzzled me as to why they done it to themselves. If you can not effect the outcome of something - why bother fretting about it. See what happens. Deal. Life goes on regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Money is freedom so don't fritter it away and save as much of it as you can before the responsibilities of life catch up to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Remember genuine sincere customer service towards you at the pub/restaurant in a tip where possible, more so when you dine on your own in the place. Well, that's the way gugleguy eats out.:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Are you always out and ask yourself, oh $hít, did I close the bathroom window, or did I lock the back door?

If so, and you did indeed do those things, but just forgot you did them read on..,

in future when you do them, do something completely odd or out of step when you do it.

example: on my way out I go and lock the back door, when locked, I spin around slowly once, and tap my head 3 times, and sing a little bit of the last song I heard. Pretty hard to forget doing all that right? so an hour or so later, your at the lounge, or the coffee shop, and think to yourself, did I lock the back door? of course I did, because when I locked it, I spun around, tapping my head singing that song.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

If it don't fit, don't force it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

If it don't fit, don't force it.

Lube before you lunge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Are you always out and ask yourself, oh $hít, did I close the bathroom window, or did I lock the back door?

If so, and you did indeed do those things, but just forgot you did them read on..,

in future when you do them, do something completely odd or out of step when you do it.

example: on my way out I go and lock the back door, when locked, I spin around slowly once, and tap my head 3 times, and sing a little bit of the last song I heard. Pretty hard to forget doing all that right? so an hour or so later, your at the lounge, or the coffee shop, and think to yourself, did I lock the back door? of course I did, because when I locked it, I spun around, tapping my head singing that song.

If you think you may be developing OCD seek professional help. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Don't put sticky tape on hairy places!

Look after your broom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

In fairness the OP didn't say it had to be good advice.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

fineso.mom wrote: »
    If you think you may be developing OCD seek professional help. :-)

That boat sailed a long long time ago, and I was the 1st onboard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Good shoes, good mattress, good tyres, you'll always have one underneath you. And if you can, find a good woman.

Oh, and look after your teeth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

If the plant you wish to flee,
    Head to Sector 7-B.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Never be afraid of failure.

Just do things.So many people let fear or their own mental thoughts stop them from doing things in life.
    Go and chat that girl up-if you get rebuked,at least you tried and u wont be sitting in bed wondering 'what if'.

Do that sport you are afraid to do-stop saying 'oh but what if i get hurt'.

Live your life because you dont want to be that old man in the rocking chair with regrets.

Groundhog day in here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8f953B2mn1r6gtjf.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Nobody is actually looking at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Nobody is actually looking at you.

Yes we are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Yes we are!

:eek::eek::D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

If someone you don't recognise in the street says hello, ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

Never ever comply with the direction of a Garda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭stimpson

Honesty and integrity are the two most important things in life.

If you can fake those then you've got it made!

Advertisement