Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What foreign business or service would you like to see in Ireland?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Id be quite embarrassed to be buying condoms on a busy street in broad daylight....

There's nothing embarrassing about getting the ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Much better facilities for normalizing a hobby or leisure pursuit like flying cheap outdoor radio control aircraft. These can be picked up in the larger provincial towns in toyshops by any Joe Schmoe (previous experience no problemo - yeah you look over 14 alright).
    What made me chuck the hobby in was the drone conference in the west last October. Not a helpful website at all and I couldn't buy a 200 euro ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Racetracks. Proper, national-superbike/touring-car standard or higher short-circuits with facilities and wherewithal for a good day out for all the family and petrol-heads alike. They're all over the place in the U.K. and are good clean fun, good for the economy and good for motorsport. Mondello is a fine facility, but we really need one in the South as well, at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

bottled water

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

In regards to condoms, in my locality they should win awards for extreme gossiping. I wouldn't be 5mins away from the machine before I'd get a text off my 90year old grandmother asking who the lucky woman was!

Seriously though, the pub toilets does me fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

In regards to condoms, in my locality they should win awards for extreme gossiping. I wouldn't be 5mins away from the machine before I'd get a text off my 90year old grandmother asking who the lucky woman was!

Seriously though, the pub toilets does me fine.

I got Condom advent calendars for my friends for Christmas. (5 euros per box)

They all came into work and I took them out and left them on my desk before I wrapped them, nobody in work would even care.

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00FLLP03U/ref=pe_386171_51767411_TE_M3T1_dp_1

Why should you be embarrassed ?

Edit:

Just saw this in related products ! wtf !!

http://www.amazon.de/Outop-Stimulating-Stimulation-Stimulator-Masturbation/dp/B00NW543P8/ref=sr_1_5?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1427806748&sr=1-5&keywords=kondom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

I got Condom advent calendars for my friends for Christmas. (5 euros per box)

They all came into work and I took them out and left them on my desk before I wrapped them, nobody in work would even care.

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00FLLP03U/ref=pe_386171_51767411_TE_M3T1_dp_1

Why should you be embarrassed ?

Edit:

Just saw this in related products ! wtf !!

http://www.amazon.de/Outop-Stimulating-Stimulation-Stimulator-Masturbation/dp/B00NW543P8/ref=sr_1_5?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1427806748&sr=1-5&keywords=kondom

i dont speak german but is that second link machine washable mate?;):p:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Now that's in my Amazon history, so now the next time my mother wants to find me something for krimbo I get knobbly see thru willy warmers recomended :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,168 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

The entire Korean transport system.

Would that be North or South ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Taco Bell. I'd murder a decent Taco right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,114 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

MrVestek wrote: »
    Taco Bell. I'd murder a decent Taco right now.

You'll not find any of them in taco bell...

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Bath & Bodyworks
    Chick Fil A
    Waffle House
    Free refills on coffee
    Cheaper soft drinks in pubs
    Old Navy
    16 Handles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

jmayo wrote: »
    Would that be North or South ?

Obviously the latter. Although the Pyongyang metro does have chandeliers.

Carlos Slim.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Left turn on red lights.

I hate this. What's the point of a light telling me I can cross the street if some dickhead is going to come driving round the corner any second?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I hate this. What's the point of a light telling me I can cross the street if some dickhead is going to come driving round the corner any second?

It's only in certain situations.

if there is a pedestrian crossing, then the left on red rule would not be in place.

if no pedestrian crossing (or if the crossing was on the other side (i.e. for those turning right)) then the rule could be applied.

I've experienced right on red in the U.S. & Lithiuania, and it's an excellent rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

It's only in certain situations.

if there is a pedestrian crossing, then the left on red rule would not be in place.

if no pedestrian crossing (or if the crossing was on the other side (i.e. for those turning right)) then the rule could be applied.

I've experienced right on red in the U.S. & Lithiuania, and it's an excellent rule.

Or turn right on Green ? Like the Continental European way.

I.E. you can turn right but you must give way to Bicycles and Pedestrians crossing the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,049 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Twin Peaks > Hooters.

Those asking for Walmart, its already on the island but called ASDA.

A proper Tim Horton's 10 times better than Starbucks

Something like Bestbuy would be good and decent competition for Currys group

retalivity wrote: »
    You'll not find any of them in taco bell...

Call me uncultured if you will but I love the taste of Taco Bell tacos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭3qsmavrod5twfe

MrVestek wrote: »
    Call me uncultured if you will but I love the taste of Taco Bell tacos.

Taco Bell is to food what prostitution is to love.

Best description I heard of TB.

• Advertisement

Taco Bell is to food what prostitution is to love.

Best description I heard of TB.

Well then in both senses of the phrase I'm a sucker for a bit of cheap nasty taco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

No, when there's a green filter for the driver to turn left, the pedestrian is facing a red light to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

None. Why should we stoop to their standards?

policarp wrote: »
    None. Why should we stoop to their standards?

Ask yourself this,

Would we be stooping or reaching?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

Ask yourself this,

Would we be stooping or reaching?

They don't do it for our benefit.
    But we need them.

I should probably have guessed the Colombian model of right turn on a red light wasn't ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

eviltwin wrote: »
    Asda, Sephora and a really decent Alton Towers style theme park.

agree on needing a decent theme park. Ireland is way behind in that dept.

agree on needing a decent theme park. Ireland is way behind in that dept.

100% agree,

we're always being told how great a tourist destination we are, and yes, I'd agree, but for kids, there is very little.

an uber theme park would seal the deal for so many more potential tourists in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

On the other hand, Butlins had to close down; perhaps there isn't enough demand for a theme park?

• Advertisement

On the other hand, Butlins had to close down; perhaps there isn't enough demand for a theme park?

the word Butlins (Mosney) and Theme park don't really belong in the same sentence though.
    Hopefully this Tayto Park roller coaster will kick start the theme park sector in Ireland.

Advertisement