Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Stream 7 Tablet £49 WITH CODE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Invincible wrote: »
    Throw XBMC on it and some useful add ons. Any link to case you got?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Slim-Folio-PU-Leather-Case-Cover-Stand-For-7-HP-Stream-7-Tablet-PC-/291345088950?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:IE:3160

I really need to look into xbmc properly, I've had two half hearted efforts at it so far and given up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

hots wrote: »
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Slim-Folio-PU-Leather-Case-Cover-Stand-For-7-HP-Stream-7-Tablet-PC-/291345088950?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:IE:3160

I really need to look into xbmc properly, I've had two half hearted efforts at it so far and given up.

Some good information here in Android thread "Reccomend an Android box that runs XBMC" and tutorials on YouTube and google SEO Michael for some useful addons. You can put total Installer on it and put Andy's build from community builds on it to have it set up automatically if you like.
    Was looking at a Samrick case on Amazon for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

This has expired right in that promo codes are no longer doing the biz?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Invincible wrote: »
    Some good information here in Android thread "Reccomend an Android box that runs XBMC" and tutorials on YouTube and google SEO Michael for some useful addons. You can put total Installer on it and put Andy's build from community builds on it to have it set up automatically if you like.
    Was looking at a Samrick case on Amazon for it.

I think an automatic set-up might be the right one and then tinker around later, had looked as SEO Michael alright and tried following a few of his guides, think I was just too zoned out after work to follow. Cheers for the tips!

hots wrote: »
    I think an automatic set-up might be the right one and then tinker around later, had looked as SEO Michael alright and tried following a few of his guides, think I was just too zoned out after work to follow. Cheers for the tips!

If there's anything your curious about PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Leslie91 wrote: »

Would appear so

Got shipping confirmation today from Microsoft, in transit with UPS.
    Ironic that their mail ended up in Outlook Junk :P

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Also received ups shipping confirmation today

quote="Invincible;94857903"]Got shipping confirmation today from Microsoft, in transit with UPS.
    Ironic that their mail ended up in Outlook Junk :P[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Leslie91 wrote: »

New code PC25 working today

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

How much of a discount does it provide?
    NATLOR wrote: »
    New code PC25 working today

• Advertisement

How much of a discount does it provide?

Same as OP £25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

comes up as 74.99, am i missing something, does PC25 have to be entered at end of process.

stanley1 wrote: »
    comes up as 74.99, am i missing something, does PC25 have to be entered at end of process.

Yes, at the checkout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

Just made the purchase with the new code. Got the confirmation email.

I entered separate addresses so that the shipping one says Ireland.. And paid with PayPal.

Thanks for the deal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 iatethepies

Received mine today from a very helpful UPS driver, tried to deliver it 3 times, fair play to him. Have to say overall I'm delighted with this, if I wasn't so cheap I'd say it was worth £100 but for €70 it's a steal. I was never able to get Citrix to work on my Android tab, some streaming sites wouldn't co-operate either. So far this has handled everything I've tried. Haven't tried XBMC so can't comment on that.

I have experienced the issue with the audio output jack, when there is no audio I hear a distinct crackle but when music is playing I don't hear it. Not an audiophile so this could bother others a lot more than me but while listening to music/watching movies I don't think the majority will be put out.

Office installed easily, device set up was straight forward. Feels relatively sturdy, has a bit of weight to it. 1 gig of Ram isn't going to set the world on fire but so far, in my very-very limited play around, this has held up pretty well.

If you're on the fence I'd recommend giving this a go for €70, a full blown windows OS can get a lot done and so far I can see myself leaving behind my Samsung tab on occasion in favour of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Bought a Linx 8 for £69.99 this morning....God damn you Bargain Alerts, currently hovering over this now that the code works again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kildare75

Morning all, just wondering if anyone who ordered last Tuesday got theirs yet..
    Mine says processing and funds have gone from bank account..
    Thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

kildare75 wrote: »
    Thanks for any help

I ordered on Tuesday and got a dispatched email earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Ordered this morning using PC25 code. Thanks to all involved in bringing this bargain alert. But, as usual didn't want or need this, too good to miss out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Icdb

Ordered Monday arrived Friday 4.30. Installed win 10 preview from windows update took ages. Only problem is I forgot my otg cable and can't use tablet until I install the HP drivers again using a mouse because touch screen driver didn't load. Will get it later and update about how win 10 runs.

Before updating to win 10
    Registered office 365 and after a bit of faffing about managed to get my 60 min Skype applied to my existing Skype account.

Got miracast working with my mk808b plus which is pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Junglewoman

tomslick wrote: »
    Ordered this morning using PC25 code. Thanks to all involved in bringing this bargain alert. But, as usual didn't want or need this, too good to miss out on.

At what stage do you enter the promo code, I don't want to risk paying full whack!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

At what stage do you enter the promo code, I don't want to risk paying full whack!

Before paying

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

343347.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

kildare75 wrote: »
    Thanks for any help

Ordered Tuesday, just received notice of dispatch now.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Junglewoman

Just ordered, many thanks OP and to the others who assisted re promo-code entry!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jawacz

I see that it is now showing out of stock, I contacted Microsoft live chat last Thursday while attempting to purchase but both previous codes would not work and was told that the offer expired!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kildare75

just got the same dispatch email with tracking info, thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Sold out :(

Don't know if its good or bad.

I don't even know if I need one.

I don't like been left out on bargains that fellow bargain hunters are talking about :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I ordered one on Tuesday and got the dispatch notification email also but it looks as though the transaction disappeared from my bank account altogether. The €70 odd I spent on it seems to be back into my account (it was definitely deducted before) and it's nowhere to be seen on the statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Got a Dispatch email today myself. Hopefully wont take too long to arrive

Advertisement