Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Does the ESB install a parked car with all charge Points?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

In the meantime these two losers are parking their cars in those bays and leaving them there for the entire day.... every day.

Jeez. Well, i guess they have figured out that there is no penalty whatsoever and they get free parking. People are arseholes. Don't suppose you've ever left a note saying "hey, i needed that charge point!".

Very frustrating alright. Reply to that email with photos of the signage is all you can do. If the wardens have not been given the permission to ticket, it can't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Anyone remember the scene in backdraft where the car was parked across the fire hydrant. Two broken windows to get the hose to the fire hydrant.

I park in front of them so close they can't get out and run the cable as far it can go and if its short so be it. I then leave my car there with a note on their window saying my battery died and your parked in the charging bay and bugger off.

Your not doing anything wrong either.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bipedalhumanoid

pwurple wrote: »
    Jeez. Well, i guess they have figured out that there is no penalty whatsoever and they get free parking.

I'd be willing to bet that they still believe it is legal to park there and they are not aware of the legal changes signed into law in May of last year or the council bylaws enacted in January of this year. I look forward to seeing a big shiny ticket attached to them. I'll keep an eye on it and send a picture when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

It's an indication of how slow we are do get anything done in this country.

This 2011 bill was signed into law in May 2014. Now we're in May 2015 and councils still haven't implemented it.

Exactly the same deal up North, but we passed the law back in 2010, still no fines in these parts,but lots of buck passing.

Trying to get to the bottom of how early these losers park there. I was in at 07:10 and they were already there occupying the spaces. They seem to come in super early and leave their cars there for the entire ****ing day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Unfortunately I don't think anyone will be in a rush with official signs until the media broadcasts how embarrassingly inept this situation is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,418 ✭✭✭Nollog

irishgeo wrote: »
    Anyone remember the scene in backdraft where the car was parked across the fire hydrant. Two broken windows to get the hose to the fire hydrant.

I park in front of them so close they can't get out and run the cable as far it can go and if its short so be it. I then leave my car there with a note on their window saying my battery died and your parked in the charging bay and bugger off.

Your not doing anything wrong either.

I hope you have some great insurance.

beauf wrote: »
    Unfortunately I don't think anyone will be in a rush with official signs until the media broadcasts how embarrassingly inept this situation is.

Well the thing about this particular location is that it already has the signage and road markings. It has been there for as at least as long as I have been investigating this. The council seem to want to wait until every charging station has the signage and line markings before they're willing to book anyone :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

Well the thing about this particular location is that it already has the signage and road markings. It has been there for as at least as long as I have been investigating this. The council seem to want to wait until every charging station has the signage and line markings before they're willing to book anyone :-(

We have no signage, or penalties in Co Down,but then we have new Super Councils!

Advertisement