Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Least likeable TV characters.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Was Mynah's son called Hoppy? :o

Could have been something like that.Whatever his name he was a whiney prat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭smilerf

Morag in Home and Away was a nasty piece of work

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I don't watch this by choice.....the girlfriend watches it...

Scott from Geordie shore....

Watch his left arm swinging around with every word as he vents to the camera....I wanna chop his arms off and beat him to death with the soggy bit.
    I hate him and every bastid in it. Horrible people.

I watch that with the wife too, to me he's the only one who seems "real" for want of a better word. Granted he's a bit of a cock but I get the impression he knows he's essentially won the lotto and is just there for a laugh. The rest of them to me anyway seem to be playing a character, Jesus yer one Charlotte who comes out with "mad" stuff seems really scripted. The show drives me nuts but I do get the odd laugh out of Scott.

Anyway, for me there is a clear winner here, Lisa Simpson almost ruined the Simpsons back when it was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

smilerf wrote: »

Shouldn't come as a surprise that she hosted Aussie Weakest Link, then. ;)

ziedth wrote: »
    Anyway, for me there is a clear winner here, Lisa Simpson almost ruined the Simpsons back when it was good.

So do you not like episodes such as "Lisa's Pony", "I Love Lisa" and "Lisa the Vegetarian", then? :o:);)

• Registered Users Posts: 72,105 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

There's an unlikeable character on my TV screen right now called David Cameron :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

There's an unlikeable character on my TV screen right now called David Cameron :pac:

He of the shiny forehead? There has to be a picture in the attic, look how much President Obama has aged since taking office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Seriously??? Not one vote yet for Matt Parkman off Heroes? What the fook was with that twitchy head thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Lynden from The Killing
    Carrie from Homeland
    Gail from Coronation Street
    The hypochondriac lad who was always is scrubs

and, of course, Charlo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

In a show jammed full of utterly unsympathetic characters, Deadwood's Cy Tolliver stood out as a particularly nasty piece of work.

Also Bouncer from Neighbours was a real tool, couldn't stand him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Jenny Schecter from The L Word. I know they really played on her unlikeability towards the end, but even at the start I wanted to stab her in her stupid face. Actually, a lot of the characters in that show were unlikeable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

smilerf wrote: »

She had to be with an evil name like 'Morag'

She was like 'Murdoc' in McGyver

I hate 'Artemis' from It's always sunny in Philidelphia. Every scene she's in just annoys me

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Elmo in Sesame Street.Any of us who watched it as kids in the 70s and 80s hate that little Johnny come lately twerp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Has anyone said Ben from Lost yet?

syklops wrote: »
    Has anyone said Ben from Lost yet?

If it weren't for him, though, we'd have probably never seen the Hydra orientation video.

"I repeat, the bears are not your friends."

:o:o:D:D;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Valeen from Knot's Landing. Urgh. Pointless woman. There from the start and became obsolete as other female characters came to the fore. Nobody missed her after she left.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

The girlfriends in The Big Bang Theory. Ruined what was at best a watchable show.

Everyone in the Simpsons past season 10. Watched a season 26 episode the other night, enough to undo all the amazing work of the first few seasons it was that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭LiamHam82

Bernadette in Big Bang Theory, horribly forced character, everything about her is irritating

Ross in Friends, probably my most hated TV character ever, not so bad in the first few seasons but jesus he overacted big time in every episode after.

The entire cast of Shortland Street, Home & Away, Fair City & Neighbours

Portia De Rossi in Ally McBeal, one of the reasons why the show got old really fast after the first two very good seasons.

Peter in Family Guy, well probably the show in general, some jokes were dragged out to the point I just changed channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

All the characters in Fair City.
    All the characters in NCIS. Especially Gibbs and the science tech lab wan.
    Horatio in CSI
    Rihannas character in Battleship.
    David Brent in the Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

LiamHam82 wrote:
    Ross in Friends, probably my most hated TV character ever, not so bad in the first few seasons but jesus he overacted big time in every episode after.
    Oh thank God, it's not just me that hated him!!!!!

I love Friends but absolutely hated Ross. He was so self absorbed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

I found Jean-Ralphio from Parks and Recreation incredibly irritating (that's the character but the personality sucked my enjoyment out of the show until he went away). Still, he did this:

So he has one redeeming quality.

Caught an episode of Gilmore Girls at workplace once and everyone was replying to each other in sarcastic quips which made a show I had no interest in even more toxic.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Lynden from The Killing
    Carrie from Homeland
    Gail from Coronation Street
    The hypochondriac lad who was always is scrubs

and, of course, Charlo[/QUOTE]

From Roddy Doyles Family?At least he was supposed to be unlikeable.I found the son in that to be a right cheeky,bullying little pr!ck.My favourite moment in the whole series was when the teacher gave him a dig in response to some lip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭smilerf

King Louis from The Musketeers. . He is so stupid it's unreal and bad acting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Ted from How I Met Your Mother
    Ross from Friends

LiamHam82 wrote: »
    The entire cast of Shortland Street, Home & Away, Fair City & Neighbours

How can you hate Alf and Lou? :eek: :o:D

enhanced-buzz-31142-1384994815-7.jpgNeighbours_About_TomOliver_sml.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Ryan Tubridy from The Late Late Show.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

When I was a kid, watching that crappy show Hart to Hart, I always wanted the the main characters to get bumped off. So smug and smarmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,373 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

As seasons have gone on, I got to say Olivia Pope from Scandal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Well there's the obvious ones like Joffrey (Game of Thrones) Skylar (Breaking Bad) AJ (The little shíthead from The Sopranos) but for me the least likeable character in any TV show is Ziggy from season 2 of The Wire. He has literally no redeeming qualities in my opinion. He was obviously put there for comic effect and eventually became a plot device which, in the grand scheme of things, was pretty irrelevant for the show. A rare misstep from the makers of The Wire if you ask me..

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Susandublin

alroley wrote: »
    Ted from How I Met Your Mother
    Ross from Friends

Yea Ted and Ross are pretty much the same person - self obsessed. Wondered why I disliked the character - so clear now.

Norris from Corry too - grumpy old men don't do it for me!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

GerB40 wrote: »
    Well there's the obvious ones like Joffrey (Game of Thrones) Skylar (Breaking Bad) AJ (The little shíthead from The Sopranos) but for me the least likeable character in any TV show is Ziggy from season 2 of The Wire. He has literally no redeeming qualities in my opinion. He was obviously put there for comic effect and eventually became a plot device which, in the grand scheme of things, was pretty irrelevant for the show. A rare misstep from the makers of The Wire if you ask me..

Yeah everyone hated Ziggy.Staying with The Wire Maurice Levy The lawyer for the gangs had to be one of the most repellent characters on TV ever.He just made my skin crawl every time he appeared.Saul from Breaking Bad has obvious parralels but at least he has some redeeming features.

Advertisement