Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Least likeable TV characters.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Lucy Kennedy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Ian Beale. Permanently sweaty and whining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

darkdubh wrote: »
    Any unnecessary character who's added to a long established show in an attempt to boost ratings.Any child of the late 70s/80s will agree that Scooby Doo went downhill when they introduced his nephew Scrappy.An annoying little git who added nothing positive to it.

The introduction of Scrappy was so cruel. It forced us to ask huge questions of Scooby. For example, if he was Scrappy's uncle, why couldn't he talk like him? What was wrong with Scooby? Learning disability? Brain injury? Scooby was some sort of genius until that annoying little bastard came along.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

And that annoying Ppuppy Pppower catchphrase he had. Had me wishing for a burlap sack and a brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Not so much unlikeable but Curtis in Misfits has to be a contender for the most dull character ever written. His sole purpose was his power which allowed for handy resolutions (and one very good episode where it was the focus) but he was so boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

John Cena

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Anthony Soprano Jnr is easily the worst TV character of all time. Terrible character and terrible actor. And I'm a HUGE Sopranos fan. Just cant stand him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I quite like Raquel. I thought her character was well written he interaction with Del formed the basis of some classic episodes. Cassandra is terrible though, and very badly acted by Gwyneth Strong.

However, I couldn't disagree with you more about their contribution to the series. They were introduced when John Sullivan went to the long format episodes and introduced more dramatic elements. That's when the series really took off. The continuity between the longer episodes really enriched the show.

What killed tit stone dead was the final run of episodes. They should have stopped when they became millionaires.

Yeah Cassandra was terrible,largely down to the actress.I have to say when it comes to Only Fools I always prefer the Grandad era.I forgot to mention Damien,Del and Racquels son.He added nothing to it and the whole hatred thing that was developed between him and Rodney just wasn't funny.Yes the last few specials were just woeful.I don't know if was the last in the series but the last one I remember watching was the one with the illegal immigrant in the back of the van who kept saying "Gary".That whole episode was an embarrasment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

Todd packer on the US office.

Not a patch on the original Chris finch!!

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Anthony Soprano Jnr is easily the worst TV character of all time. Terrible character and terrible actor. And I'm a HUGE Sopranos fan. Just cant stand him.

It funny, I suggested Carmela, someone else suggested Meadow, and now you're suggesting AJ. I guess the only likeable Soprano is the womanising murderer.

• Advertisement

Lucy Kennedy

This is about fictional TV characters.

Yeah Cassandra was terrible,largely down to the actress.I have to say when it comes to Only Fools I always prefer the Grandad era.I forgot to mention Damien,Del and Racquels son.He added nothing to it and the whole hatred thing that was developed between him and Rodney just wasn't funny.Yes the last few specials were just woeful.I don't know if was the last in the series but the last one I remember watching was the one with the illegal immigrant in the back of the van who kept saying "Gary".That whole episode was an embarrasment.

Damien and that whole 'Omen' thing felt very tired. And his Ali G style jokes in the newer episodes were dead on arrival. Only Fools was from a different era, but it only felt old when it was trying to be topical. And yeah, the 'Grandad era' was hilarious stuff. I can absolutely see why people prefer those shorter episodes, because they were just distilled comedy. Joke after joke after joke.

This is about fictional TV characters.

I thought the lad that done Zig & Zag invented her.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Kennedy in Buffy.

PropJoe10 wrote: »

I know that The Sopranos was full of amoral sociopaths but I found Christopher a very unlikeable character.The way he treated Adriana,his moody tantrums,selfish,bullying behaviour and constant self pitying whinging.And his shooting of the guy who was in the scriptwriting class with him was totally unjustified

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The skanger and the posh lad, played by the same lad. Can't think of their names. RTE garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

The skanger and the posh lad, played by the same lad. Can't think of their names. RTE garbage.

Damo and Ivor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Any unnecessary character who's added to a long established show in an attempt to boost ratings.

Poochy is an exception to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Some great nominations so far, have agreed with many. I'm going to add Bebe, Frasier's agent in Frasier. Any episode she is in, gets skipped. Horrible grating voice. Didn't find her so annoying in Desperate Housewives for some reason.

Another vote for Carmella Soprano. What a loathsome character.

Also a vote for Hodgins in Dads Army. Never liked when he made an appearance. I mean they were perfectly capable of cocking it up them selves. He didn't really server a purpose.

I could an entire thread of annoying characters in the West Wing(And Im a west wing fan). Mandy from season 1 probably gets the premium vote though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Lilly in How I met your mother. Ted, in the same show, may have been slightly creepy and desperate, but Lilly was just manipulative and cruel.

Barbara from Gotham. Ugh, terribly written recovering drug addict, maker of stupid choices, and creepy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

I could not stand Walt Jr / Flynn in BB. Every scene he's in is woeful. Good idea for a character but just hated him. And not believable at all.

Chris in Sopranos is an utter scrote. As is Father Phil Intintola. Dirt.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Going back to my youth here, Slightly Bonkers and all the presenters in Bosco

Didn't mind Slightly. Hated So far so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Maybe not the least likeable ever, but on any rewatches I find the main man himself Tony Soprano to be absolutely loathsome. Violent thug, bully and sycophantic criminal. He really has very few, if any, redeeming qualities.

I really wish the kardashian family were fictional, cos the whole troupe of them would be number one least likable in my book.

Maybe not the least likeable ever, but on any rewatches I find the main man himself Tony Soprano to be absolutely loathsome. Violent thug, bully and sycophantic criminal.

I really wish the kardashian family were fictional, cos the whole troupe of them would be number one least likable in my book.

I must say I didn't see the sycophant in T. The opposite in fact. Violent criminal for sure, sociopathic misanthrope definitely. Not so much of sycophant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Stringer from the Wire. Sneaky and ruthless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

ya skyler hate is somewhat justified but her character kind of developed a bit towards the end. Flynn/Walt Jr. was a totally underdeveloped... but I suppose every character can't be a playa!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

Dawn's fella, Lee, from The Office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I must say I didn't see the sycophant in T. The opposite in fact. Violent criminal for sure, sociopathic misanthrope definitely. Not so much of sycophant though.

Haha trust autocorrect to put in a word that I don't even understand! I meant sociopathic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭BlatentCheek

Has nobody said Lisa Simpson yet?

The fat guy from Bachelors Walk, the other two were way funnier.

Advertisement