Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think Michael Jackson was a paedophile?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I dont think so tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Of course he was!!!

I can't believe the amount of people who believe his put-on public persona of a vulnerable man-child. This is a man who amassed a fortune, bought up the rights to the Beatles back catalogue and other business ventures. He was no more a man child than me.

It was all an act to prey on youngsters. The truth will come out and it won't be good for his legacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Nope I don't believe it. Basically he was blackmailed by a few scummy parents whose children were told what to say so they could get as much money from him.

How do you explain Terry George then? His parents didn't ask for any money, they just put an immediate stop to their contact. He didn't molest him, but his 'heavy breathing' phone calls surely indicate more than a passing interest in young boys...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,392 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm convinced he was.

If he was innocent why did he give that first kid $20 million to keep his mouth shut for the rest of his life.

And apart from that he was a weirdo anyway, better for his own kids that he died, keeping them locked up from the world and going around with their heads covered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

And apart from that he was a weirdo anyway, better for his own kids that he died, keeping them locked up from the world and going around with their heads covered.

Didn't he only keep their heads covered when they were out in public with him so that they wouldn't be recognised when they were with minders doing normal things without their masks. They were able to live a somewhat normal life with minders etc because of it. Of all the things he did I thought that was the least weird thing he did tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,392 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Tasden wrote: »
    Didn't he only keep their heads covered when they were out in public with him so that they wouldn't be recognised when they were with minders doing normal things without their masks. They were able to live a somewhat normal life with minders etc because of it. Of all the things he did I thought that was the least weird thing he did tbh.

He barely let them out at all, having little or no contact with the outside world is not a good way to grow up.

I don't know if he was a paedophile, and I don't think anyone else on here does either. We know it looks like he was, and that he had bizarre and probably inappropriate relationships with pubescent kids that he didn't want publicised, but without a trial and evidence to evaluate, I don't think he should be tried and found guilty posthumously.

I wouldn't let him babysit if I had kids, and I think he seemed to have a lot of personal issues, but the only thing I know is that he was a very odd man who behaved oddly around kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

I have no reason to believe he was a molestor.

"It emerged that the boy, and his younger brother and older sister, had taken acting lessons ahead of a 2001 lawsuit against US retailer JC Penney. "

"In separate interviews with a social worker and a teacher after the airing of the Bashir documentary, Gavin denied he had been molested by Mr Jackson. "

"It was also suggested that she spent $7,000 (£3,800) shopping and dining out at the same time as she alleged Mr Jackson kept her and her family captive. "

"The credibility of 15-year-old cancer survivor Gavin Arvizo and his mother Janet was key to the case against Michael Jackson, who has been acquitted of child abuse and abduction charges by a California court."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4584531.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

He acted inappropriately around children yes, but I don't believe he was a child molester.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I don't think so and I actually don't care, I still love his songs regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Always got the feeling he was just a very damaged, regressed /childlike person that identified with children to a weird extent rather than a calculating, adult predator

Of course, like everybody else here, I'm not a professional nor do I know him so it's really only bit of specious, pop analysis based on a lifetime of media information.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Dolbert wrote: »
    How do you explain Terry George then? His parents didn't ask for any money, they just put an immediate stop to their contact. He didn't molest him, but his 'heavy breathing' phone calls surely indicate more than a passing interest in young boys...

We only have his word for it, and since the guy has such a seedy background I don't believe him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

I think I don't want to believe it so like other people on here I've convinced myself he was some kind of Peter Pan boy-that-never-grew-up kinda weirdo, rather than a peadophile. If I was looking at exactly the same situation with a completely unknown billionaire doing the same thing I'd be all "lock him up and throw away the key"

We're never going to know the truth so Ive not thought about it much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I think he was a good guy, but people liked to make up rumours because he had a creepy voice and strange physical appearance and mannerisms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

bb1234567 wrote: »
    I think he was a good guy, but people liked to make up rumours because he had a creepy voice and strange physical appearance and mannerisms.

Ah like Jimmy Savile and Gary Glitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

He was a deeply tortured soul but I don't actually think he was a nonce

• Registered Users Posts: 20,072 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

anncoates wrote: »
    Always got the feeling he was just a very damaged, regressed /childlike person that identified with children to a weird extent rather than a calculating, adult predator

Of course, like everybody else here, I'm not a professional nor do I know him so it's really only bit of specious, pop analysis based on a lifetime of media information.

He does seem to have a developmental delay from his really unusual childhood. As an adult he had appetites of both children and adults. It's perfectly possible that he engaged in childish sexual experimentation with children. It wouldn't have to be premeditated in order to be harmful to the children and rightly classed as sexual abuse .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Weird yeah... but I honestly don't think he was a child fiddler. Imo, he was targeted for his money and parents coerced their kids to do just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

anncoates wrote: »

My thinking is pretty aligned with this. Jackson never got to live a normal childhood. He was centre stage in the faux world of a pop star from a very young age and couldn't possibly have emerged on the other side as a balanced and rounded young adult.

He never knew anything other than a life in the spotlight. I can only imagine what that would do to a persons mental state. That's not to excuse any wrongdoing if that were the case but you could certainly see why he might have gone down that route, living as he did in a bubble.

All that being said Billie Jean is possibly the greatest pop record ever produced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭catgalway

I think he was undiagnosed Aspergers...it would explain his friendship with kids rather than adults.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

catgalway wrote: »
    I think he was undiagnosed Aspergers...it would explain his friendship with kids rather than adults.

Actually I work in the field and I have seen more people on the spectrum identifying with older people than younger.

But he was probably rendered asexual by the years of physical abuse from his father during his formative years, also making a childish fantasy world being the only world he felt safe in.
    His wealth allowed him to retreat into this for the bulk of his life his friendships with kids and onscreen role models like Liz Taylor seems to indicate an inability to function as a neurotypical adult.
    As such I doubt he engaged in sexually inappropriate behaviour, rather that it would have been interpreted as such by a sexually mature adult observer, as some find a child in the bath with their naked parent questionable.
    But I wasnt there, I don't know, I would assume that, by now, many stories would be told by now grown up friends of Jackson's and we would hear of sexual abuse, but none have been offered, none that can be confirmed at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Michael Jackson, may he rest in peace, he touched generations.

It's a shame that they were underage and this was done against their will.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Shortly after he died I was in Imaginarium with my son, a kids toy shop, and they had Michael Jackson musak on in the background, and I have to say it all felt a tad creepy and macabre tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

catgalway wrote: »

How?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Aidric wrote: »

All that being said Billie Jean is possibly the greatest pop record ever produced.

Completely not apropos to the serious issues in the thread, but it did make me revisit some of the tunes and they're one thing that will never be fully tarnished: especially Off The Wall and after that, Thriller.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

kjl wrote: »

it has greek subs but worth the 3 mins.

I don't find that funny whatsoever. Its basically belittling the seriousness of paedophilia. I thought we had enough of that in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I don't think he was tbh. I do think he was a deeply tortured man with all kinds of mental health issues and after the kind of childhood he had who could blame him.

Did he have inappropriate contact with children, absolutely yes but I really don't think there was anything sexual in.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭catgalway

Wacker the attacker, I came to that conclusion when I looked into Aspergers as a male family member showed some symptoms.I thought it sounded likely that MJ might have also shown signs so Googled it and there would appear to be others who think the same.Kids are more accepting of quirks that adults would fine frustrating or annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,442 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

There was definitely something going on with him in my opinion.

All the signs point to it. A theme park in his own garden,paying off families to keep quiet etc.

People seem to excuse him as he had a bad childhood himself and also he latched on to that and portrayed himself as someone who preferred the company of children and only sought friendship.

This is something a suspected paedophile would say of course and many people seemed to believe it.

Advertisement