Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Scotland v Ireland, Murrayfield, Sat 2.30pm **See Mod Warning Post #1**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Ireland match is almost a dead rubber already, shameful display by the Italians

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Ralph Keyes the eternal optimist. :D

We haven't a prayer of puttingb 20+ points on Scotland under this coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

So if Ireland win by 21 that's surely the championship, unless France capitulate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Wang King wrote: »
    Ireland match is almost a dead rubber already, shameful display by the Italians

Scotland aren't a good side; they are ranked 10th in the world. They might be hard to break down, but as it was against Italy in the 6N opener, that isn't an excuse.

We don't deserve to win the 6N if we can only stop sides beating us. We need to show an ability to beat sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Tox56 wrote: »
    So if Ireland win by 21 that's surely the championship, unless France capitulate

Can people stop saying capitulate in their posts? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Its doable, but it's a big ask. Just remember that that Italy side beat Scotland!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Tough but can be done, accuracy and speed required

Brent talking nonsense. Ireland must not change their gameplan. For real?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

The Irish ambassador to estonia just came into the pub and it's an open bar from kick off. God help us all

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭UnitedWeStand

If ireland enter the half time break with a ten point lead we can take the championship. Schmidt teams are all about the second half for tries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Come on Ireland, we can do this!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭corny

Whats with all the talk of an abacuses. Its straightforward what we need.

McGuirk will be stuck on this theme all day. Irritating isn't the word for that man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

That Wales result will have filtered into the dressing room and knocked the confidence in this team I feel. Lot of young players and I feel the occasion and task may get to them. Ireland to win by 13 points.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

If it was a home game id be more positive of our chances to run a score up, but not away .

ricero wrote: »
    That Wales result will have filtered into the dressing room and knocked the confidence in this team I feel. Lot of young players and I feel the occasion and task may get to them. Ireland to win by 13 points.

Chasing 20 points would surely motivate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

At least we have an idea of what needs to be done. Might be beyond us with the kind of game scotland play but sure here's hoping.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Hat trick of converted Luke Fitz tries, job done :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Had to smile when Luke came on the camera there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

idiotic comment

ricero wrote: »

What young players? Henshaw is the only young player starting. You could consider POM and Murray, but both players are about as good as it gets in this hemisphere and extremely experienced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

Right, 21 points, boys! Let's do it! 'Mon Ireland!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

From the offset we have to go at them, I believe we can do it, but it's going to take a lot of fight and the Scots won't give over easily.

Do you even know your history?

Scottish anthem is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭bilston

The Scottish players look very happy and relaxed.

Might be easier to chase a game against a running Scotland team than the horribly ugly Scot teams of the past.

Flower of Scotland, gets me everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭sjb25

Right off we go come on lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

We can do this, everyone saying we can't win a game by a large amount is talking absolute rubbish. We beat SA by 14, and beat the required margin 3 times in last year's tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Everybody panic

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

bilston wrote: »
    The Scottish players look very happy and relaxed.

Yep the pressure is all on us

Advertisement