Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Scotland v Ireland, Murrayfield, Sat 2.30pm **See Mod Warning Post #1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Wales by 18:

Ireland by 12:

England by 5:

41vmHVr%2BavL.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭fitz

Made a complete balls of predicting last week, just going to hope for the best today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Healy to make some haggis of the Scots on the pitch today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

duckysauce wrote: »
    Healy to make some haggis of the Scots on the pitch today.

Frankie is that you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 topcelt

Wales to win by 23
    Ireland to win by 15
    France to win by 2
    Italy won't just roll over especially in Rome and Wales haven't won by much the last few years.
    Ireland to have a tough match and put a gloss on the score boars in last 10 minutes.
    France to stand up and actually play as we know they can for the first time this season and turn England over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Very nervous, my predictions;

Wales by 10, Italy to stay in touch to last 5 min.
    Ireland by 3, letting a 10 point lead slip.
    France by 1, scoring try of the tournament after 80 has passed.

Last play of England France to result in us being champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Unfortunately can't see Ireland winning by more than 15 points today. In fact it could be possibly much less. Scotland aren't just going to roll over and we are having trouble scoring tries right now. I think Ireland's thinking all week is that Wales will put a 40 plus points diff on Italy. However we must keep the back door shut. Remember its points difference we are chasing not points scored. So keeping the game tight for the first hour should be the priority and then see if we can rack up 20 plus points in last 20 minutes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Have gone undercover behind enemy lines for today. So far undercover that I'll be in an English church come kickoff. Started the attack last night with a quickfire demolition job on a cheeky Scotch or three... They went down easily, just like they will today.

COME ON IRELAND!!!

andrewdcs wrote: »
    Very nervous, my predictions;

Wales by 10, Italy to stay in touch to last 5 min.
    Ireland by 3, letting a 10 point lead slip.
    France by 1, scoring try of the tournament after 80 has passed.

Last play of England France to result in us being champions.

Cardiac centres would have a busy night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Italy 15-40 Wales
    Scotland 12-29 Ireland
    England 36-10 France

Italy will put up some resistance to Wales. Ireland to struggle in the first half but to be camped in the Scottish line for most of the second trying to put up a score and France to roll over against England because they are a terrible team and coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

mg1982 wrote: »
    Italy 15-40 Wales
    Scotland 12-29 Ireland
    England 36-10 France

Italy will put up some resistance to Wales. Ireland to struggle in the first half but to be camped in the Scottish line for most of the second trying to put up a score and France to roll over against England because they are a terrible team and coach.
    France never roll over for England

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Never again will i bring tickets a pain!

In Murrayfield now watching ItaWal

Italy not rolling over for the taffs

funtime93 wrote: »
    France never roll over for England

They often have at Twickenham. Got some big beatings there in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Not sure if I picked the right bar to camp myself in...

http://instagram.com/p/0faJ7cJo2P

It's actually great craic. They went mad for the Italian try. One of the old boys said to me they wanted Italy, Ireland and France to win for obvious reasons. I said I doubt the players are thinking that... Wish they were!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Floodgates wide open

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

S***. Fan. Hit.

Not much of a hope now. England maybe if France don't show up.

This is incredible from wales since half time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Ireland have to go for it now, literally no choice anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Great from Wales but utterly pathetic from the Italians.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

Surely we needed a big win anyway to prevent to pull away from England. At least this is will set a clear target to both bypass Wales and make it extra hard for England.

What a try that was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

We need to play rugby and win big today. We've shown nothing so far to indicate that we'll be able to do it, but we have to believe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

We're screwed. Wales are storming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Game over before it starts thanks to Italian capitulation. Now we'll see if Ireland can attack. No point even taking penalties in the Scottish game now. It's all or nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I'll always maintain an element of hope, but my head is telling me that we won't be celebrating anything other than a match win today

Going to miss Hook so much. The 'new breed' are either looking after their future Irish management prospects (O'Shea) or too close to the players (Shaggy, ROG) to call it as they see it.

Sterile, inoffensive punditry. We may as well b e watching ITV during an England football international. :(

ROG has no issue calling it as he sees it. Horgan is Sheehan-like when it comes to his former team-mates and coaches, but he is decent when Leinster/Ireland aren't involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Negative rugby is dead and buried thanks to magnificent coach Gatland and his brilliant attacking Wales team.

• Advertisement

Italy might have saved us.

Advertisement