Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wayward Pines [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

So .. spoilering until tomorrow ..
    this is in 4014? Insane. It does explain how people have different perceptions of how long they've been there - guess they've been unfrozen at different times?
    Also did that one guy say that he saw
    rows and rows of me or rows and rows of men?

I thought
    he said rows of men.

So glad that questions have been answered but I'm gonna go insane waiting for the next episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

This is delightfully nuts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Maybe it was because the pace was a little slower but I wasn't convinced by the "explanation " .
    Too many things don't add up, the resources required to set up this scenario would have been better spent fighting the threat which btw dosnt seem all that threatning. What's the point of bringing random adults if it all about the children? Why not just a dedicated few to look after them, there seems to be plenty willing adults without the unwilling who have to be met in check by fear which just wastes resources.
    This can't be the whole story, it's only a conceit to build on and we are more than halfway through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Was really enjoying this up until tonight, not sure how I feel on it now. It was the mystery of it all that had me hooked, now that it's out it's just another generic man v life form series. I'll stick with it for a while but my hope for it has died a fair bit after that episode.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    This can't be the whole story, it's only a conceit to build on and we are more than halfway through!

Presumably so. Still, I am finding it fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That episode will make it or break it for a lot of viewers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Didn't see that coming in episode 5.

I started watching this from episode 3, came in late one night, turned on Fox, at 2am and it was on, and I just kept watching since.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I dunno about this at all.
    Lots of things dont add up.
    How did the scientist meet with the cia boss in present day seattle, where the hell are all the supplies like milk and the like coming from etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I dunno about this at all.
    Lots of things dont add up.
    How did the scientist meet with the cia boss in present day seattle, where the hell are all the supplies like milk and the like coming from etc etc

When he met the CIA boss they had probably frozen the bodys and weren't telling the family what was going on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The revelation was a bit wtf. I am enjoying the show anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Loved how we got the truth midway through the series instead of stringing us along until the end, we really needed some kind of explanation. Had figured early in the episode that they were some sort of evolved humans so loved the way how the teacher chose to explain things to the kids with the coins.

I presume showing the scientist fella outside wayward in past episodes was that he too went into cryogenic stasis after selecting Ethan and a few more for the town. We saw the sheriff outside the town too remember? Musta gone into stasis after that. But I don't get why the teacher said they wouldn't see yer man if he's in the town? Or maybe just that he's going by an alter ego and hides his true identity (except to Ethan and those in the know). Looking forward to the final 5 and where it goes from here, still a few mysteries left to be explained too, including their cultish treatment of hiding the truth (which seems totally extreme to me!). Interesting show you must admit! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Maybe it was because the pace was a little slower but I wasn't convinced by the "explanation " .
    Too many things don't add up, the resources required to set up this scenario would have been better spent fighting the threat which btw dosnt seem all that threatning. What's the point of bringing random adults if it all about the children? Why not just a dedicated few to look after them, there seems to be plenty willing adults without the unwilling who have to be met in check by fear which just wastes resources.

I'd agree with this. As explainations go it makes zero logical sense. The fate of mankind hangs in the ballance, so we hand that fate over to a bunch of teens that have known nothing but the privilage of 21st century first world comfort, but who's parents have 'live too long in such circumstances' to know the truth? What? Their parents can't handle the truth so it's probably best to keep them in a state of paranoid anxiety that they've been kidnapped by a police state?
    As explainations go, this had better not be it becuase it made me want to shoot my telly.

conorhal wrote: »
    Their parents can't handle the truth so it's probably best to keep them in a state of paranoid anxiety that they've been kidnapped by a police state?
    As explainations go, this had better not be it becuase it made me want to shoot my telly.

Hahaha yeah I agree with you on this too, it's a crazy thing to expect them to just suddenly settle down and get a free house and a random job just after they arriving after a traumatic car crash. And killing them if they mention a word about their past like Juliette Lewis briefly mentioning her child? Justice is served, that'll teach 'em! Seems fascist to the extreme.

But we're only halfway through the series, I'm sure we just have to wait and see if they'll expose a twisted kind of logic to their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did they say what wiped out the human race? I just heard about the evolution. I would think to be where they are now would've involved an extinction level event.
    Also who woke them up in this time?
    And why is Ethan so important?

All questions I hope they answer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I think the explanation maybe just another hoax and they arent getting the full truth ?Might explain all the holes in the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Episode 6 promo

http://youtu.be/aMT8v-3evQk

And "GONE" 3minutes long episodes aired after each episode every week. An additional story to the TV series.

http://youtu.be/GN-ilEhksgQ
    http://youtu.be/db2IzOc4Hd8
    https://youtu.be/XCKo-LWA7rE
    http://youtu.be/VCx8axAI3nE
    http://youtu.be/G-RakQrikH0

Enjoy.

Thanks!

Can't believe we have to wait two weeks for this!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Puddle Q

Mr E wrote: »
    That episode will make it or break it for a lot of viewers. :)

Hmmm what was your take on it E?

Looks like we have ourselves a reader.

Thread cleaned up, no book chat, thanks!

• Advertisement

Puddle Q wrote: »
    Hmmm what was your take on it E?

Loved it. Completely bat**** crazy, but that's part of the fun. I'll be interested to see if the US ratings drop next week now that the big secret is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭adaminho

This is based on the first of 3 books (Pines, Wayward, The Last Town).
    If they do one season per book, it will be a nice self-contained 3-series story.

Try to avoid reading about the books - you'll spoil a massive twist about halfway through season 1.

Was this what you were on about or is there more?:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Puddle Q

Loved it. Completely bat**** crazy, but that's part of the fun. I'll be interested to see if the US ratings drop next week now that the big secret is out.

Is it like Twin Peaks?

Different kind of crazy.

adaminho wrote: »
    Was this what you were on about or is there more?:eek::eek::eek::eek:

That was the main one yeah. More to come though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

conorhal wrote: »
    I'd agree with this. As explainations go it makes zero logical sense. The fate of mankind hangs in the ballance, so we hand that fate over to a bunch of teens that have known nothing but the privilage of 21st century first world comfort, but who's parents have 'live too long in such circumstances' to know the truth? What? Their parents can't handle the truth so it's probably best to keep them in a state of paranoid anxiety that they've been kidnapped by a police state?

This is exactly the sort of show where I don't care when they come out with some bonkers explanation for what's going on. Where does the milk come from?? Who gives a toss.

Ridiculous, but it's still entertaining me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It's obviously UHT milk...

They musta put a few cows in cryogenic stasis, obviously. And a few goats too, for those that prefer goats milk. Them bones them bones need calcium! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Its how the time travel worked in Stephen Kings book, 11/22/63; Some kind of open portal so that they can go back and forth might explain the fact that they're getting 21st century supplies.

That helicopter must get through a lot of petrol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

Does telling people that there's going to be a big twist coming actually ruin the fact that there's a big twist coming? Just saying.

Binged all 5 episodes last night. I turned the first one on just after 12 intending to watch just that one. The bloody sun was up before I finished. Fell asleep twice, and rewound to see what I missed. (Now THAT'S commitment :D)

Not convinced by the 41st century explanation though. I can't see how they'd explain the Doctor guy meeting with Ethan's boss unless there's a time travel element, which would be a bit lame IMO.

Gripping stuff.

Advertisement