Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wayward Pines [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

Is it possible that Wayward Pines exists in some dimension? People outside of the town obviously know of its existence, but the shopkeeper said it was a rundown town, when it really isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I'd be willing to bet we're going to be seeing more of Terrence Howard and Juliette Lewis yet, pure speculation here but the storyline has been pretty crazy so far so I'm thinking there'll be some kind of reset or alternative-version town introduced soon. Or something equally bizarre thrown in to justify their return. It'd be strange to have relatively big movie stars as recurring characters and series regulars only to go out in the first 2-3 episodes.

Sure, maybe it's the twist factor of "wow I never saw that coming" or "woah I can't believe they've been killed off!" but I'm hoping for more (even though I find the sheriff character loathsome and not in a love-to-hate-ya kind of way, and I hope he's gone for good). I'm at least expecting to see them in flash-back sequences. But I have no idea what to expect to be honest, the whole thing is bonkers but compelling to watch purely because we want to find out what the hell is happening.

The story is moving along pretty quickly it seems and I can't imagine Ethan will decide to settle down and bide his time, so I think we as viewers should be getting some form of explanation for why the town exists soon. Hopefully it'll be somewhat satisfying while maintaining enough mystery to keep us glued and hungry for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

It's so odd to terrorise the town folk into submission rather than tell them that the world outside the wall is post apocalyptic, or so it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

and it seems that there actually is a town called Wayward Pines as evidenced by the kid giving wifey directions but it is it just a normal town which may be a portal to this alternative town?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

MargeS wrote: »
    It's so odd to terrorise the town folk into submission rather than tell them that the world outside the wall is post apocalyptic, or so it seems.

Which is why it has to be a lot more complex than a simple post-apocalyptic story...
    and it seems that there actually is a town called Wayward Pines as evidenced by the kid giving wifey directions but it is it just a normal town which may be a portal to this alternative town?

Hard to tell if the kid was a plant? I was surprised that he knew about the accident...

Also when Ethan get out of the delivery truck and found himself in some sort of warehouse there was a door with "Wayward Pines" over it suggestion that it isn't the only 'town' like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Skerries wrote: »
    I think the kid in the shop and the worker were a plant.Did we see those same kids earlier on?Was it E01 or 02 that they passed by on bikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

This show is getting crazier and crazier .

Solid fourth episode ,I think we will find out soon whats really going on .

I liked that quote by the sheriff in episode 3
    You think you want to know the truth ,but you dont ,its worse than anything you could even imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Oh. My. God

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Well you can't say they are dragging it out. This show moves along.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Another great episode. I think next week is a biggie. Expect some answers.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Another great episode. I think next week is a biggie. Expect some answers.

I think the big question is not so much where are they but what year or even century are they really in

I think the big question is not so much where are they but what year or even century are they really in

Yeah I definitely think that there has been two timelines up until now. What's happening in Wayward Pines is the "real" timeline and the stuff with Ethan's family was in the past.

It doesn't explain how they got there but it would explain how he couldn't get through to them on the phone, and why Kate genuinely seems to have been living there for so long. Kate also definitely knows what's happening and seems to be on the sheriff's "the truth is more disturbing" wave length.

I say this now, next week will probably throw all that out the window :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If there is a timeline story, how does the hospital psychologist go between them

allym wrote: »
    Yeah I definitely think that there has been two timelines up until now. What's happening in Wayward Pines is the "real" timeline and the stuff with Ethan's family was in the past.

It doesn't explain how they got there but it would explain how he couldn't get through to them on the phone, and why Kate genuinely seems to have been living there for so long. Kate also definitely knows what's happening and seems to be on the sheriff's "the truth is more disturbing" wave length.

I say this now, next week will probably throw all that out the window :pac:

Dont forget about nurse Pam being about 30 years older when that guy woke up in the hotel .
    So its probably at least 2030 perhaps later.

Dont forget about nurse Pam being about 30 years older when that guy woke up in the hotel .
    So its probably at least 2030 perhaps later.

When she turned around I nearly died.
    Scary, scary woman.

And with the psychiatrist, I don't think he was going between timelines, but that the kidnapping Ethan stuff happened in the past. So when we saw him talking to the Secret Service agent that was years ago. I've absolutely no idea where they've been between then and now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I'm more interested in what was watching ethan at the end of episode 4 and what took the sheriffs body at the end of episode 3. It looked human but also like an animal. Perhaps an experiment gone wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So he said, but he was drunk, remember. :)

Thing that goes against teh alternate timeline with Kate being there so long, don't forget Beverly thought she was only there about a year when it was something like 19 years

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So he said, but he was drunk, remember. :)

Thing that goes against teh alternate timeline with Kate being there so long, don't forget Beverly thought she was only there about a year when it was something like 19 years

This is true. I'm thinking it has something to do with what happens between being kidnapped/leaving their real lives and ending up in Wayward Pines. But I really don't know. Freezing/time travel/ aliens... Too many options :pac:

Although, whatever the hell that thing was at the end does make it seem more like another planet or really, really far into the future?

So confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

So far, it's like a really long multi-episode story from the Outer Limits. :pac: It's bonkers, but I'm gripped. And when the answers to the mysteries start to reveal themselves, I'm just going to enjoy them, good or bad! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

So far, it's like a really long multi-episode story from the Outer Limits. :pac: It's bonkers, but I'm gripped. And when the answers to the mysteries start to reveal themselves, I'm just going to enjoy them, good or bad! :)

Yes that's exactly what it reminds me of more so than twin peaks or lost, outerlimits or night gallery or twilight zone. It's got that old fashioned puzzle meets drama thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Seemed like what the psychologist was doing with the new species of pines and saying about them was very very relevant. Great character so far. We'll definitely see a lot more of him I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Anyone watched that related Gone programme? Does it spoil the show at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I was suprised to recognise the Doctor/psychiatrist from english tv (The Detectorists). Its amazing how many english actors end up on US tv playing americans:

anyone know when episode 5 is available online ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

ricero wrote: »
    anyone know when episode 5 is available online ?

late tonight, early tomorrow

Mc Love wrote: »
    late tonight, early tomorrow

Its out now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Why are they getting released early?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Im hooked on this, cant wait for tonight's episode.

jasus some twist :eek:

• Advertisement

So .. spoilering until tomorrow ..
    this is in 4014? Insane. It does explain how people have different perceptions of how long they've been there - guess they've been unfrozen at different times?
    Also did that one guy say that he saw
    rows and rows of me or rows and rows of men?

Advertisement