Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wayward Pines [** Spoilers **]

Options
  • 19-03-2015 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭

Mod wrote:
    Mod Note: This series is based on a trilogy of books by Blake Crouch. NO BOOK SPOILERS for anything that hasn't been on TV yet - you will be punished!

Trailer for Wayward Pines – 10-episode Midseason Event Series From Fox. Premieres in 2015.

Starts on May 14th

Hopefully a return to form from M. Night Shyamalan, seems to be like Twin Peaks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

The first episode is available on Sky Catch Up for 6 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

FOX UK on Thursday May 14th at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The pilot is excellent. Really lived up to expectation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

This is going to **** with my head

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

an interesting pilot
    pity Ethan & his family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,420 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really enjoyed the pilot.

It's got a strong vibe of The Prisoner off it which is good.

Great cast looking forward to the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Skerries wrote: »
    This is going to **** with my head

Its in that same timeslot as Fortitude, let's hope it doesn't wreck the head like Fortitude did! But looking forward to it.
    Marje wrote: »
    The first episode is available on Sky Catch Up for 6 days.

Thanks, I saw that briefly & thought that was only the trailer, didn't look any further!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Starting tonight on Fox @9 guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Heckler

Good pilot. Twin peaksey and Alan Wake in its setting. Overtones of the Prisoner, the Nowhere Man and Lost. Bit clumbsy in parts but interesting.

Really enjoyed the pilot.

It's got a strong vibe of The Prisoner off it which is good.

Great cast looking forward to the rest of the season.
    McGoohan version not Catweazel version, I hope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,420 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

zorro2566 wrote: »
    McGoohan version not Catweazel version, I hope!

Of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Enjoyable first episode. Can't see how they'd come up with an even vaguely plausible explanation for the goings on but I suppose we can enjoy the journey especially if they do keep it to a 10 episode one-off season rather than dragging it out ad nauseum.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This is based on the first of 3 books (Pines, Wayward, The Last Town).
    If they do one season per book, it will be a nice self-contained 3-series story.

Try to avoid reading about the books - you'll spoil a massive twist about halfway through season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Must catch up on this.

If they are based on books, any chance of a warning in the title?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Done.

Watched it at lunchtime and it is indeed very 'Prisoner' like with Matt Dillon like a No 6 character trying to escape the Village! I enjoyed the first episode and will look forward to how it pans out.It would be great if it was just a once off season and tie up the story rather than drag it out for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If this is to be a miniseries then I'll not bother with the books. So now just have to avoid spoilers from all those people who never even knew of the books until now but will post spoilers based on what they read about the books online.

Just watched the first episode. Thought was really only a hint of Twin Peaks. Felt more like The Prisoner and him trying to leave town reminded me of The Truman Show.
    Also find the aging thing interesting. 1 person claiming to be there a year, despite arriving about 15 years ago and 1 being there 12 years having only just got there.
    Though think more want to see what they do to people to have them settle

Didn't recognise Shannyn Sossamon, but think last time I saw her was in 40 Days and 40 Nights

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just watched first episode, liked it.
    I think he is dead and in some purgatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Just watched first episode, liked it.
    I think he is dead and in some purgatory.

Like Lost? (Or that interpretation of it anyway.) That'd be awful. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Got a Shutter Island vibe from it.

• Advertisement

Reminded me of Persons Unknown

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Reminded me of Persons Unknown

I came here to post this exact thing. It feels like a cross between Persons Unknown and Harper's Island. Really excited to see how the rest of the show plays out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Re Persons Unknown - is it good or bad to be reminded of that?

Re Persons Unknown - is it good or bad to be reminded of that?

I liked it, it started well but ended badly, if you can watch all the episodes in one go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Quite fast paced. I agree with an above poster. The time thing is interesting. Maybe its where they put agents out to pastor or testing new forms of imprisonment.

Never heard of the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Mr E wrote: »
    This is based on the first of 3 books (Pines, Wayward, The Last Town).
    If they do one season per book, it will be a nice self-contained 3-series story.

I think the writers said that the first series will actually cover all 3 books .
    Series 2 would be made up if greenlit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Made a note of this show last week when I saw an ad, but foolishly not the channel or day/time it's on - Fox, Thursday seems to be what people are saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

An even stronger second episode. This will be the show of the summer it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

I thought that second episode was as weak as tapwater.

Drama me arse, terrible overacting. The nurse is the only half decent character imo.

Im giving up now...before its cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

oleras wrote: »
    I thought that second episode was as weak as tapwater.

Drama me arse, terrible overacting. The nurse is the only half decent character imo.

I also thought it was overacted and a bit rushed .

Matt Dillon's character doesn't seem to be the brightest chap
    He seems to be obsessed with his initial mission to find the two missing agents ,which you'd think would take a back seat after he was almost killed in a car accident and he is in a weird town .
    There has also been no mention of his partner in the crash ??

He also seemed to get pretty fed up with the town after only being there a day or two which was too sudden.
    Im giving up now...before its cancelled.

It wont be cancelled ,its a 10 episode series ,which covers the 3 existing books

I'm enjoying the show ,its not without flaws but its gripping stuff and keeping me guessing.

Advertisement