Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban cars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

diomed wrote: »
    I'll saddle up my horse

Diddle-din, diddle-din, diddle-din-din-din, diddle-din, diddle-din, diddle-din-din-din :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Jetpacks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I know this seems radical and somewhat stupid.
    Looks like you've concluded this thread in the first sentence.

Cars were the solution to the horse problem. Horses **** everywhere, you need loads of them to do the job of one Transit van, it's cruel to the horses, you'd need to make room for tens of thousands of horses.

It's almost as barmy as my idea to replace the police force with trained attack dogs.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I want a horse with low-profile hooves, a spoiler, loud exhaust, and a killer subwoofer system installed.

Just put a rottweiler under your horse for this bit anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭valoren

Just don't go buying a new horse.

They lose 30% of their value the minute you ride it out of the stable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

jimgoose wrote: »
    I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY. AND I CONSIDER MYSELF MORE OF AN INTER-DIMENSIONAL FACILITATOR.

rip :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

I blame the Rubberbandits on this new anti-car pro equine mindset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

You monster OP,
    It's estimated that horses used to kill 7 times more people directly than motor deaths today.

And a million kilos daily of manure from hundreds of thousands of horses killed more again through disease.

Besides you missed the obvious. Get us workshy layabouts to drag rickshaws.
    The politicians can upgrade to those ancient egyptian versions dragged by a couple of hundred subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Depraved wrote: »
    Cars are unable to kill people...

Hey, try telling that to Brian Harvey, he had a close call once. Damn thing nearly killed him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I agree with the OP. Well up to a point anyway.

I think private cars should be banned outright in urban areas, and licenses severely restricted in rural ones. Far too many stupid people in the world these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,260 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I agree with the OP. Well up to a point anyway.

I think private cars should be banned outright in urban areas, and licenses severely restricted in rural ones. Far too many stupid people in the world these days.
    The irony!

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

I'm for this plan. I like horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Why don't we just ban everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

How would you pay road tax on a horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,531 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Send it in by pony express.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭circadian

If everyone that owned a car now owned a horse, wouldn't it just be replacing one environmental disaster with another?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,420 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

circadian wrote: »
    If everyone that owned a car now owned a horse, wouldn't it just be replacing one environmental disaster with another?

Think of all the haggling and spitting on hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I'm up for it if I can stick wheels and a 2 litre petrol engine on said horse, making a few modifications for comfort and safety. A roof, some chairs, a windscreen. Minor modifications. It's still a horse officer...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

scdublin wrote: »
    I'm for this plan. I like horses.
    I'd say you'd quickly grow to hate them if you had to walk through their **** everyday.
    Suas11 wrote: »
    Why don't we just ban everything?
    Because eventually you'd end up banning, banning things and anarchy would ensue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Car deaths are caused by carelessness almost always. Drinking, texting while driving, no seat belts etc. A much better reason to ban cars would be the environmental benefits. Banning cars to save the 150 or so who die on irish roads annually doesn't make much sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

turbo horse

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

at least it will reduce the 'no indicators', 'fog lights', 'how do i get out of my speeding ticket' type threads on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

This

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's not 'Road Tax'... it's 'Equine Tax'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

They plan on having all cars banned here by 2034. Will be interesting to see how far they get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Who should be banned are the idiots who drive in the fog with no lights on, just side lights on, side lights & fogs lights or just with one light working.

I'm all for road safety but surely the Gardaí could use the Gatso van or indeed themselves to fine drivers for such appalling decisions in regard to the incorrect use or selection of car lights.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Will me horse get clamped if it's illegally parked? What about drinking and riding? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

First of all you have to find a way of getting people to hand over their cars, either that or you'd have ban petrol and diesel which only create a black market for the stuff. You're going to have crims cruising round in illegal cars fuelled by illegal fuel with the cops trotting after them on the best the state can afford after you've removed all the car related taxes.

G'luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Actually you can't even ban petrol and diesel because presumably we'll need it for commercial vehicles.

You haven't thought this through at all OP!!!

Advertisement