Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban cars

Options
  • 19-03-2015 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

I know this seems radical and somewhat stupid. Seeing how so many deaths occur from cars and other motor vehicles used by people not to mention all the crashes that comes with it.
    I propose that perhaps we should ban cars altogether.
    How would we get around simple through the means of walking, cycling, public transport operated by artificial intelligence, and also horses (yes I know why you might not find it appealing but hey it give the country an epic wild west movie vibe). You might ask yourself who would clean up after horses well perhaps people on social welfare or dole might be gotten to do it. Not to mention a horse would give you more companionship then a car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Foxtrot oscar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Wow, stoned at 11:00.

Kids just say no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

How would I ride damp yokes on the backseat of me bicycle though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

People get killed by horses too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

How would I ride damp yokes on the backseat of me bicycle though?

Thing of the past apparently; OP is proposing that equine companionship is the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,420 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Help has been called and is rushing to your address.

Please remain calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You might ask yourself who would clean up after horses well perhaps people on social welfare or dole might be gotten to do it.

This thread was really going places..... until :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

artificial intelligence horses driving buses you say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

I know this seems radical and somewhat stupid. Seeing how so many deaths occur from cars and other motor vehicles used by people not to mention all the crashes that comes with it.
    I propose that perhaps we should ban cars altogether.
    How would we get around simple through the means of walking, cycling, public transport operated by artificial intelligence, and also horses (yes I know why you might not find it appealing but hey it give the country an epic wild west movie vibe). You might ask yourself who would clean up after horses well perhaps people on social welfare or dole might be gotten to do it. Not to mention a horse would give you more companionship then a car.

Do you have any idea the price of hay or horseshoes....I do agree with your getting the unemployed to clean up the sh1t policy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

You might ask yourself who would clean up after horses well perhaps people on social welfare or dole might be gotten to do it

Hey Mr Car Mechanic, ok well you did well serving your apprenticeship learning your trade but now we've banned cars so your skills are redundant. But fear not while your on the dole you can also shovel horse sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

iDave wrote: »
    Hey Mr Car Mechanic, ok well you did well serving your apprenticeship learning your trade but now we've banned cars so your skills are redundant. But fear not while your on the dole you can also shovel horse sh1t.

Welcome to my world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Some people seem to want cars travelling at walking pace through housing estates. Why don't they just ban cars from housing estates?

They could have special housing estates for parents who don't watch their children very carefully where vehicles are banned.

It could have health benefits too, with everyone having to walk or cycle everywhere. People might stop wasting money on huge tvs and garden trampolines if they had to carry them from the road to their house.

Cars are the root of all evil when you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

It would at least make for a good film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

If I can install a decent radio on the horse then I propose we bring your proposal to the Dail and let's make this happen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

100 mile round trip to work each day.... On a horse you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

100 mile round trip to work each day.... On a horse you say?

I'm wondering how my round trip of 80k will work out on my pushbike - sure it will go grand with the 10k of walking I do whilst in work... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I prefer to use public transport or bike, however, i've only ever had a single job in my lifetime that public transport or biking etc could work. every other job i've had involves working outside public transport hours & too far to cycle.

we have a long, long way to go before there is an alternative to the car in ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

I know this seems radical and somewhat stupid.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Can we ban cyclists, pedestrians and public transport so those fcukers wont get in my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I want a horse with low-profile hooves, a spoiler, loud exhaust, and a killer subwoofer system installed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭circadian

artificial intelligence horses driving buses you say

We need and artists impression, made in MS paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Wouldn't be the first time someone proposed a load of horseshít in an attempt to "improve" transport. And by the way, from my cold, dead hands. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

People are killed by people. Ban people.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Depraved

Cars are unable to kill people...well except perhaps those new self driving ones. It's the people driving that kill, so...ban people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I agree OP. We could start a blimp service to carry people between the nation's major towns.

c_man wrote: »
    I agree OP. We could start a blimp service to carry people between the nation's major towns.

I've sold monorails to Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook, and by gum, it put them on the map. Well sir, there's nothing on Earth like a genuine, bonafide, electrified six-car monorail. What'd I say?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Good idea OP.
    I'm going to visit my mother who is in a home 50 kms away. I'll saddle up my horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭circadian

People are killed by people. Ban people.

Death kills people, ask a doctor, it's a fact.

Ban death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

iDave wrote: »
    Hey Mr Headshop Owner, ok well you did well getting a lease and paying a fortune on stock but now we've banned what you sell so your skills are redundant. But fear not while your on the dole you can also shovel horse sh1t.

Changed your point. Can't remember any uproar about the above.

• Advertisement

circadian wrote: »
    Death kills people, ask a doctor, it's a fact.

Ban death.

I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY. AND I CONSIDER MYSELF MORE OF AN INTER-DIMENSIONAL FACILITATOR.

Advertisement