Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No money for taxi

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Ask him to stop at an ATM on the way ?

The old 'stop at an atm' trick is something most taxi drivers are very weary of.

I genuinely was asked by a taxi driver once to leave my phone with him when he had no change of a fifty and I had to go into a shop and get change.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Become a Taxi driver, after the initiation you can challenge him to tribal combat, but if you loose you'll be banished and shunned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

Went up with the money, guard gave a receipt, and that's that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Lc201395 wrote: »
    Got a taxi from town last night. Was well on and didn't have any money to pay it. He took me to the station and the guards asked me a fair few questions from what i remember and gave me a piece of paper with the gardas name on it aswell as telling me to bring 25 euro to the station (for the taxi) by a certain day.

Is there anything that can come of this or do I just pay the money and that's that?

I presume something like this would happen often enough to be honest.

He took home safely, knowing you didn't have the money on you at the time...that's good service.

Just pay up and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭ronjo

He took home safely, knowing you didn't have the money on you at the time...that's good service.

Just pay up and be done with it.

Probably best if you read the thread before commenting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

I got a taxi into town years ago, middle of the day. The taxi driver said he had to stop off and get some juice. I though he was talking about petrol or diesel. He pulled into a forecourt, got our of the car and went into the shop. came out with crisps and a fruit juice.

Meter was still running, i didn't care. Journey was being paid for by work.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,825 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Got a taxi from town last night. Was well on and didn't have any money to pay it. He took me to the station and the guards asked me a fair few questions from what i remember and gave me a piece of paper with the gardas name on it aswell as telling me to bring 25 euro to the station (for the taxi) by a certain day.

Is there anything that can come of this or do I just pay the money and that's that?

I presume something like this would happen often enough to be honest.

I don't believe a word of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'd have driven you back into town if I was the taxi driver. Good enough for ya.

I had friends who used to do that to non payers.
    They used to charge them for the return trip to town as well or if they knew them take something as collatoral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

well done op, youve gone and fcuked up a potentially great thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

ronjo wrote: »
    Probably best if you read the thread before commenting.

I did read it...probably best if you don't jump to conclusions and get smart about it.

I stand by my point....if the OP didn't want to end up on the wrong side of the Gardai, which in any case he probably won't if he just pays what's due, then he shouldn't have ordered a taxi he knew he couldn't pay for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭ronjo

I did read it...probably best if you don't jump to conclusions and get smart about it.

I stand by my point....if the OP didn't want to end up on the wrong side of the Gardai, which in any case he probably won't if he just pays what's due, then he shouldn't have ordered a taxi he knew he couldn't pay for.

So why did you say "Just pay up and be done with it" after the OP had come back saying he had done exactly that?

Then also whats with the bolded part? He has paid !

Advertisement