Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No money for taxi

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

jester77 wrote: »
    Taxi apps ftw.

You can see their progress getting to you and how long it will take, you get to rate them afterwards so there is incentive for them not to be a rude asshole, the fare calculator is 99% of the time spot on so they can't rip you off and you can pay through the app so no need to worry about having no cash on hand.

Have you ever tried using one of those apps when you are so hammered drunk that you dont know how much money you have on you?!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Did you get another taxi home from the station?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Have you ever tried using one of those apps when you are so hammered drunk that you dont know how much money you have on you?!

Lots of times, I always pay through the app even if I have money on me.

jester77 wrote: »
    Lots of times, I always pay through the app even if I have money on me.

If the lad is so drunk that he cannot count the cash in his wallet I doubt he would have been able to use one of those apps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

If this had happened after his application to join the Guards had been accepted, they would have arrested the taxi driver instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

If the lad is so drunk that he cannot count the cash in his wallet I doubt he would have been able to use one of those apps.

It's not exactly difficult pressing the massive button with 'Pick me up here' on it.
    After that you just say you'll pay through the app. You have your receipt there so if the cost is massive it will be very clear.

Could you not just have gotten money at home and gone out to pay him? Assuming you have money in the house which I'm sure most people do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Could you not just have gotten money at home and gone out to pay him? Assuming you have money in the house which I'm sure most people do.

I keep next to zero cash in the house, ever. most of my day to day spending is done with a debit card so what little change i have lying around the place would hardly pay for a bag of taytos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Why did you order a taxi if you couldn't afford to pay OP?

I keep next to zero cash in the house, ever. most of my day to day spending is done with a debit card so what little change i have lying around the place would hardly pay for a bag of taytos.

Fair enough, I'd always have some cash (few hundred euro) at home.

• Advertisement

And where is home - exactly?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

'Looks at profile to see location'

It's pretty well hidden ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Dr_Bill

At the OP, please ask your boss or the social welfare not to pay you, clearly that must be fair.

I am sure the Taxi driver was only too delighted to assist you and provide a free civic service, perhaps the Taxi driver should stop paying his rent or mortgage too as their landlord or bank I am sure is equally as understanding.

Pay up or walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Why didn't you just pay them with the gift of Song? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭BBJBIG

You should be chargin the Taxi lad for boring the arse off ya ... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭paulbok

In a floor safe pehaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I'd have driven you back into town if I was the taxi driver. Good enough for ya.

Challenge accepted!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

You are a bit of a knobhead for getting into a taxi if you didn't have money to pay for it. Either get the late bus or suck it up and walk home. if you don't have money for taxis then go home early or sleep in a mates gaff.

Of course you should pay the money, you took up the taxi driver's time by making him drive you down to the Garda station pissed out of your head while he was trying to make a living.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Happened me bfore twice.

Earlier time when i was about 19,it was my birthday and i got home ,opened the door and went straight to bed.Taxi man rang the bell about 10 times got my old man up and he end up paying for it.I woudl have rathered dealing with the cops than the angry old lad.

Second time,i just went down with the cash and a few quid extra.Be all apologetic and ask for the taxi mans number saying you want to sincerely apologise for the trouble you caused and you got so drunk cos your cat/dog died and you coudlnt handle it.

That will be the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭2Bints1Joe

Pay the man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Back in my day we used to have to fellate taxi drivers use that Hailo App if we didn't have cash on us for a lift home.

I used to invariably spend the end of my cash on shots at last orders so got really good at fellatio using the Hailo App. There wasn't a weekend that went by where you wouldn't find me fellating some fat taxi man using the Hailo App down a laneway or in the driveway of my parents house.

Turns out I rather enjoy the Hailo App giving blowjobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

I would assume it would go to the small claims court, Taxis are private businesses one could look at it as theft but I highly doubt it would ever be charged that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Kill the taxi man. No taxi man. No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

Make sure you give a tip, you've messed him around and he was quite reasonable it seems. I'm sure nothing will come of it once you've paid and said sorry.
    How come the o.p. hasn't responded since his first post? Did he get banged up?

crybaby wrote: »
    You are a bit of a knobhead for getting into a taxi if you didn't have money to pay for it.
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Back in my day we used to have to fellate taxi drivers use that Hailo App if we didn't have cash on us for a lift home.

I'd imagine he just didn't notice he had no money, if you are drunk enough it's not impossible to forget you spent all your money.

I'd imagine he just didn't notice he had no money, if you are drunk enough it's not impossible to forget you spent all your money.

That's what I used to say all the time.

"Oh I'm so drunk. I didn't even realise I have no money left!"
    *WINK*
    "Guess I'll just have to use my Hailo App again" *unzip* *slurp* *slurp* *slurp*

Eramen wrote: »
    Better advice would be learn to control your drinking habits and none of this shíte would have came about..

Ah man! If you'd be around to give me that advice when I was young I would have saved a fortune on mouthwash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Ask him to stop at an ATM on the way ?

Why can't you pay by card here ?

Something like this for example:
    https://sumup.ie/

Advertisement