Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No money for taxi

Options
  • 19-03-2015 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Got a taxi from town last night. Was well on and didn't have any money to pay it. He took me to the station and the guards asked me a fair few questions from what i remember and gave me a piece of paper with the gardas name on it aswell as telling me to bring 25 euro to the station (for the taxi) by a certain day.

Is there anything that can come of this or do I just pay the money and that's that?

I presume something like this would happen often enough to be honest.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

5 years at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

God have mercy on your soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The taxi driver likely furnished the guard with the receipt, pay up and nothing will come of it.

Hows the hangover?

Your application for the Guards will be rejected now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

The chair for you, my lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Do not mention that you are seeking to be a guard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

this happened a few months ago in blackrock or somewhere and the gsoc had the garda dragged before to courts for theft or something , jury threw it out fairly sharpish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Just pay him, he took you home.

What is your argument against not paying or are you just being cheap?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

You wouldn't have such problems if you were the proud owner of a horse OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Happened me. They told me to pay the money but the next day they wouldn't take it. They handed me a summons instead and said the taxi driver had phoned them that morning and told them he had a feeling that I would have done a runner had the central locking not been activated and so they decided to charge me with attempted theft. Whatever you do don't tell the judge you wouldn't have done a runner as I tried that and the guy lost the head and asked me if I thought he was born yesterday. I only got three months but sharing a such a small cell with three junkies in the basement of the Joy, where there aren't even any windows, really took it's toll on me to tell you the truth. Just look people in the eye when you get in there and do your best to batter the first hardman that tries to stripe you. The rest will then know you're no walk over. Best of luck man. Oh and eh, tell Red to not forget about that rock that has no earthly business being buried in a Mullingar hayfield.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

dirtyden wrote: »

he wasn;t brought home he was brought to the barracks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Happened me..

God bless imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

The youth of today just cant handle their booze.

You should have done a lock in and the early shop and got the early bus home. Then freshen up and into work. Hair of the dog a lunch time. This is what we do on paddy's day in Ireland

How did you get home from the Garda station? Did they call you another taxi?

How did you get home from the Garda station? Did they call you another taxi?

he says he lives beside the barracks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

It probably guarantees a promotion to detective chief superintendent

It probably guarantees a promotion to detective inspective

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

You should have told the taxi driver that he was entering a sovereign state going into your premises and the entry fee was €50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

This is why I always put 20e in one of my socks before a night out.

If I lose my socks, chances are I'm not going to make it home anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

moleyv wrote: »
    This is why I always put 20e in one of my socks before a night out.

If I lose my socks, chances are I'm not going to make it home anyway...

20 Euro from your sweaty sock? Now thats nasty! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

One time the taxi man brought me home and I went in to get money but passed out. He was very angry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Don't worry about it OP, most taxi drivers are only too delighted to leave people home that have been throwing money over a bar counter all night for no payment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Most likely you will get "Community Service" and be made to clean all the Puke and Pi$$ out of all your local Taxis for a week....
    Or you could just pay the taxi driver and apologise to him for messing him around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

job seeker wrote: »
    20 Euro from your sweaty sock? Now thats nasty! :eek:

Someone has to foot the bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Sue the cheeky bastard for looking for payment. Who does he think he is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Don't worry about it OP, most taxi drivers are only too delighted to leave people home that have been throwing money over a bar counter all night for no payment. :)

Probably feel lucky you didn't rob him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Pay it OP. And throw a few extra quid in for the inconvenience you have caused the poor taxi driver.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

dirtyden wrote: »

He's not suggesting he doesn't pay, he's asking will anything else happen to him on top of that since the guards got involved

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'd pay sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Taxi apps ftw.

You can see their progress getting to you and how long it will take, you get to rate them afterwards so there is incentive for them not to be a rude asshole, the fare calculator is 99% of the time spot on so they can't rip you off and you can pay through the app so no need to worry about having no cash on hand.

Advertisement