Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

miezekatze wrote: »
    Someone in my estate keeps leaving little bin bags full of dog sh1t on the footpaths, drives me crazy! Why go through the trouble of picking it up in a bag, only to then leave the bag behind or put it on someone's wall?! What do they think is going to happen with the bag?

Also TA that I forgot to buy bread for lunches tomorrow and I don't know if the shop down the road is open today. :( can't be bothered to walk there only to find it closed.

The shop is probably open, I think most places are today. My husband worked today and most of his colleagues decided to work too. They get the overtime and a days holiday so win win really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

TA that I had a good day & have nothing to add to a new shiney thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I had no blaas today! I've been home since Fri morn, had them Fri, Sat, Sun and brought some back to Dublin yesterday so I'm missing them today :(

It's sad and annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭dirtyden

TA that I don't know what TA is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Grown men and women standing in front of small children at Patrick's Day parades.

Idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

dirtyden wrote: »
    TA that I don't know what TA is.

I'm guessing it's Trivially annoyed. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

At the parade and a family of....rough people were standing beside us. The mother was blowing a whistle in my ear, the toddler was kicking me in the leg, another toddler was blowing a horn in my ear (I was sitting on the kerb) and the dad was smoking in my face. They were really horrible, I felt like saying something but they were enjoying themselves, I should have just moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I spent yesterday unblocking my next door neighbour's sewer because it was causing an overflow from the sewer in my garden. Great.

Now, it's starting to back up again. :mad: Is there no end to this ****?

I'm guessing it's Trivially annoyed. :confused:
    That's what I was thinking but as a phrase that makes no real sense.

Acronyms annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The smell of ketchup in my room after food. Stinks the whole place out. Ketchups pretty strong isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

My bosses ringing me when I'm celebrating. Not good.

eternal wrote: »
    My bosses ringing me when I'm celebrating. Not good.

Did you sober up quite quickly or just tell the to piss off, you are out on the tear :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

KatW4 wrote: »
    Farmer! Can't plan holidays, can't take a random day off, can't celebrate any day without some form of work! Ah well could be worse :)

Well you know you could put on the wellies, roll up those sleeves and help deliver some lambs

If you're gonna marry the guy then now is the time to start learning :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

I work in an office with a small number of Polish Nationals, nice people no problem with them personally but kinda gets on me tits in the canteen or around the office that they will speak Polish even if there is an Irish person sitting with them or working in their vicinity find it ignorant as their English is fine.

couldn't be the only one that would think that surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

dirtyden wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking but as a phrase that makes no real sense.

Acronyms annoy me.

But do they Trivially Annoy you? That is the question! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

major bill wrote: »
    I work in an office with a small number of Polish Nationals, nice people no problem with them personally but kinda gets on me tits in the canteen or around the office that they will speak Polish even if their is an Irish person sitting with them or working in their vicinity find it ignorant as their English is fine.

Caint as gaelige ;)

But do they Trivially Annoy you? That is the question! :)

It is trivial and it annoys me, but to say trivially annoyed seems wrong (to me).:o:o

kfallon wrote: »
    Did you sober up quite quickly or just tell the to piss off, you are out on the tear :p

No I sounded stpudddd.

No I sounded stpudddd.

It's pronounced 'rubber' :P

It's pronounced 'rubber' :P

I don't get it.

• Advertisement

I don't get it.

Wait til you sober up!

Wait til you sober up!

It don't make sense :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

mikemac1 wrote:
    Well you know you could put on the wellies, roll up those sleeves and help deliver some lambs

Thank god they have no sheep or lambs! I do help out sometimes but I don't like getting dirty :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

It don't make sense :(

I am sober and it does not make sense to me either! Help us Kfallon!

I am sober and it does not make sense to me either! Help us Kfallon!

Damn You Fallon with your undeniable atrocious brevity.

If I have to explain it then forget it, basically you are drunk so go home, I'll speak to you in the morning......always wanted to say that to someone rather than it always being said to me! :pac:

If I have to explain it then forget it, basically you are drunk so go home, I'll speak to you in the morning......always wanted to say that to someone rather than it always being said to me! :pac:

I'm at home and not drunk.
    Jesus like all this chat will shut the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm annoyed at the fact that I can't find my wee bottle of magnesium sulphate for the horrible mass in my armpit. It's sore and throbbing and chances are I'll have to get it lanced at the doctor. Boo-urns to this!

I'm annoyed that I forget to buy some Hunky Dorys before the shop shut :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I usually wear deodorant, not anti-perspirant, since it seems to work better for me. I don't mind a bit of sweat as long as it's not smelly. However, I only have anti-perspirant in travel size, and I'm just back from a long weekend in the UK, so today I got a hard reminder of why I don't like it:
    - out of the shower this morning, brand name "24 hour" A-P roll-on applied;
    - moderately active day: some walking, trams and buses all over Edinburgh. By mid-afterenoon, just like on the last few days, my armpits are swollen and sore (overheating, I think);
    - Ryanair flight in early evening: the day has clearly taken its toll on the A-P, but it's a normal flight, not a problem since I don't get airsick;
    - I do get carsick, though. Bus from airport in to Dublin is overheated. A-P total fail: I start reeking like Auld Reekie herself before they banned coal fires. Take the heat and the smell, mix it up with the driver's ... aggressive driving style, and I'm soon in a flop sweat and turning green. Other passengers start slowly moving away from me. I barely make it to my stop without dry heaving on an empty stomach. After a bit of fresh (?) Dublin city air, I made it home OK, had another shower, and I'm still wobbly.

Anti-perspirant sucks. Sweat is normal, and healthy, despite what the advertisers want you to believe. Interfere with a natural body function at your peril! :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement