Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

70 year old nun gangraped in India.

Options
  • 15-03-2015 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Source
    A gang of robbers struck a Christian school in eastern India on Saturday, and one of them raped a 70-year-old nun, a senior official said.The man apparently did so, because she resisted the robbers, said P.B. Salim, chief administrator of the West Bengal state's Nadia district.
    Previously, a church official had told CNN sister broadcaster CNN-IBN that three or four of the men had raped the woman.

Sick cnuts.

When India is in the title the word rape is not far after.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Lowlifes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Drakares wrote: »
    When India is in the title the word rape is not far after.

Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

How is it gang rape if only one did it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

In some parts, it's their culture

How is it gang rape if only one did it?

Its early on a Sunday morning so ill excuse you for missing the vital information

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

cruais wrote: »
    Its early on a Sunday morning so ill excuse you for missing the vital information

I need vital info bolded and pointed out clearly next time, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

Truly abhorrent,and in an area where statistically its safest for women in India according to the activist.The irony is the nun probably spent many years trying to civilise them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Excuse yourself! Will someone point out how it's gangrape if only one did it before I get rightly vexed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

bjork wrote: »

Horsesh!t. Crap like this happens all over the world. That's just a lazy explanation at best and racism at worst.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

This is the mentality of some which is vile
    http://www.thejournal.ie/india-rape-case-bbc-doc-1967709-Mar2015/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The man apparently did so, because she resisted the robbers

Didn't the guy in the thread last week say similar. It goes worse for you if you resist

Sickening isn't it, but apparently it's wacist to point it out, because all men are like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Excuse yourself! Will someone point out how it's gangrape if only one did it before I get rightly vexed.

Read the source article

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

India has a population greater than Europe and North America combined; is there any evidence that crimes of this nature are actually more prevalent there?

I need vital info bolded and pointed out clearly next time, thanks.

Previously, a church official had told CNN sister broadcaster CNN-IBN that three or four of the men had raped the woman

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

Rape is endemic everywhere including here. Speak to Womens Aid Ireland or the rape crises center and they will inform you just how bad the situation is here. A lot happens behind closed doors here and with such a mindless alcohol culture and "post" catholic patriarchal mindset.. well?

I have three female friends that have backpacked India with out any problems and indeed they all loved the continent! The media are on this now so these incidents are making the headlines. Yes rape and the subjection of women in parts of India is a problem. Many places it is not though. But let's not keep the "us and them" situation in flow? People are the same everywhere.. the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

From the quoted text.
    a church official had told CNN sister broadcaster CNN-IBN that three or four of the men had raped the woman.

lukesmom wrote: »
    Read the source article

I just did now and it says twice one person did it and then says reports previously said it was 3 or 4 :confused: what am I missing, enough with the cryptic stuff

From the quoted text.

It says previously inferring that information was incorrect.

There you are. 3 lines to read this time, so much harder to miss....

Previously, a church official had told CNN sister broadcaster CNN-IBN that three or four of the men had raped the woman

Is someone a little hungover this morning?

You no that feeling.

You wake up after a heavy night on the sauce, your mouth is as dry as ghandi's flip flop.

You log onto after hours for a bit of light reading, but youre presented with a serious topic, which is getting a few replies.

You start to read the short paragraph, but your brain is being hammered by all the tequila last night that its having a hard time functioning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

You no that feeling.

You wake up after a heavy night on the sauce, your mouth is as dry as ghandi's flip flop.

You log onto after hours for a bit of light reading, but youre presented with a serious topic, which is getting a few replies.

You start to read the short paragraph, but your brain is being hammered by all the tequila last night that its having a hard time functioning.

Not any clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

It says previously inferring that information was incorrect.

Yes you are correct, so the thread title is wrong.

You no that feeling.

That's pretty much it :D but the article still states (twice!) It was one bloke and previously reported, which I read as superceded that it 3 or 4.

I'm not getting up and having breakfast until this is sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

BBC says there was three nuns and one was molested badly.

Sky says there was five nuns and one was raped.

That's pretty much it :D but the article still states it (twice!) was one bloke and previously reported, which I read as superceded that it 3 or 4.

I'm not getting up and having breakfast until this is sorted

Glad you see im only havin a laugh.

See, I am secretly jealous as I am pregnant, so no more tequila and fuzzy head syndrome for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

sabat wrote: »
    India has a population greater than Europe and North America combined; is there any evidence that crimes of this nature are actually more prevalent there?

To take a country of equivalent scale, China has a greater population than India. I would not be worried about my girlfriend walking around a Chinese city on her own and risking getting raped. India ... I am not sure :-/

You could argue that information is more controlled in China when it comes to domestic news, but I think if a Western woman is to get raped in either country it would equally be reported be European newspapers. I have read about this happening in India regularly, and not in China - which is why it seems to me that Indian society seems to either be producing an abnormally high number of potential sexual predators or to be less able to keep them under control.

Department of Foreign Affairs and trades warning about travelling in India and what area to avoid for your own safety.

https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/india/#tabs-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Its cnuts like him that cause me to doubt my opposition to capital punishment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

Department of Foreign Affairs and trades warning about travelling in India and what area to avoid for your own safety.

https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/india/#tabs-2

I think the only way for a western woman to be safe in India is not to be in India.

Advertisement