Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow 6 Siege (PC Alpha Signup)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

24th of September is the Beta start date. Actually looking forward to it and see what changes and new modes were added.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

If it gets a hardcore mode of some sort its will be awesome, currently the bullet sponge doesnt do it for me.

You shoot someone they die, not dodge and hide and regen health.

Totally agree, I think having a realistic damage system would also make players be more tactically aware rather than running about the place as well.

I had a really good round in the Alpha, all my team mates were wiped out and was myself and 4 of the other team left. Breach charged a boarded window while grappling the side of the house, heard the window crack and set it off, 1 down. Went up to the roof and looked down at another boarded window, saw a guy through an open hole and put some rounds in, another down.

This is where I bite the dust, I rappel down the house and crash through the kitchen window, have little ammo in the rifle. Guys upstairs hear me crash through downstairs and go down the stairs, I ambush one of them, hitting him multiple times with the assault rifle and run out of ammo, switch to handgun and finish him off. As soon as his body starts falling his buddy rushes past him, I go prone and fire off some more rounds, hitting him multiple times first before him but because he had a faster firing and more powerful weapon he got me first.

Realistically, I probably should have won that because I got about 4-5 rounds of the handgun at him. Still, was a good round that one :)

Delayed until december 1st.

Open Beta next week :confused: for a game thats out the week after.

If its beta should people be worried? If its a demo just call it a demo? remember them :eek:

• Advertisement

I'd say it's one last stress test before the game launch to check server performance. As much as I enjoyed the closed Beta the matchmaking was horrendous so probably wan't to make sure all is smooth before launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Yeah it's just them getting a head-start on possible day one issues.

Noticed its thanksgiving weekend too.

get people playing i guess.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-07-where-did-all-the-strategy-go

Anyone else grab a brandy and sit by the fire reading that :D

preload started last night, anyone on previous can play from now i think.

• Advertisement

Preloaded last night & gonna get stuck in after work if everything is online.

Gonna be nice to use some of the new CTU's like the remaining Spetsnaz operators and some of the ones from the Alpha like Ash and Castle.

Played one game of MP and one game of Public TH with others, matchmaking just doesnt work.

Played tonnes of TH with others in private games.

They need to fix this.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I cant get a match in tonight, they did say they are sorting it tonight,

jaxdasher wrote: »
    I cant get a match in tonight, they did say they are sorting it tonight,

Tried inviting you into TH. That works as everyone is in Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Tried inviting you into TH. That works as everyone is in Party.

I went in to accept. It showed I was in your party in the overlay but not in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

decent game, playing the beta on ps4 but its not really got enough for me to pay the price right now, would pay maybe 15 for it tops

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-25-rainbow-six-siege-open-beta-delayed
    Ubisoft has delayed the Rainbow Six: Siege open beta, which had been due to go live today.

Notice was only issued of the delay within the last hour - a short time after the open beta had been due to go live.

"We're currently seeing issues with matchmaking times and disconnection on all platforms," community manager Jax explained via the Ubisoft forum.

"As such we're postponing the Open Beta until a later time and keeping the game under Closed Beta status. We apologise for the delay and can assure you this is our top priority. We will keep everyone updated regularly as we continue to deploy improvements.

Still open for anyone from closed tests.

Ubi should make movies.......

Anyone else get this?

kdjac on uplay if anyone wants a game later, be on TS too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Anyone else get this?

kdjac on uplay if anyone wants a game later, be on TS too.

Played the beta on ps4 tried to play on PC but couldn't get kb&m to work was setup for controller, has this been fixed by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I'm playing it on uplay, loving the game, regularly in a team and on ts if anyone else plays, uplay is
    Raze_them_all_

THis is free to play STeam for the weekend.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Tempted to get R6 Siege.

Wondering will I be too far 'behind' if there's some level system etc, and will I just get pwned all the time, or is it worth picking up? Many still playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

It's as easy to get a game now as it always was,maybe even easier, deffo pick it up. There's always a stream of noobs in there and players like myself who never really get good so don't worry about that

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

IvoryTower wrote: »
    It's as easy to get a game now as it always was,maybe even easier, deffo pick it up. There's always a stream of noobs in there and players like myself who never really get good so don't worry about that

Cool. Downloading now :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ubi claims there's more than 40,000 players at peak, a 4 fold increase since the start of the summer. They've put a lot of work into the game.

It's fanbloodytastic tbh. Haven't had so much fun in a shooter for quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

It was a good move offering the discounted starter pack to entice people to try it out. I've only played the training situations but its a decent challenge and fun game. Have not ventured into online yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

If any of you regularly play this please add me to play as I just can't tale playing with randoms and constantly against well organised teams and clans.

There is only so many times I can cry into my microphone "Rook please drop armour at the start, ROOK!".

Steam Maguined.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

theres a main rainbox 6 thread in the gaming forum

• Advertisement

Played this all night. I am a tired man.

Pretty much got my ass handed to me constantly against well organised teams. It was still very fun however.

Advertisement