Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddest movie of all time? (that you have seen- for the pedants)

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Dear Zachary. I bawled, so did my husband. He also cries as Empire of the Sun.
    Oh that gets me every time!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

Dead Man's Shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    How did I forget Castaway!

Amanda Donohoe, putting her clothes back on. or Olvier Reed taking his off

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I know, I know.

The ending of 'Forrest Gump'.

"You died on a Saturday morning"...

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Song For A Raggy Boy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Amercan Sniper caught me by surprise .
    A solitary tear may have escaped at the end as I watched the documentary footage at the end , showing his funeral cortege.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

When I was kid the ending of ET and him saying "ouch" really had me in tears, still does a bit to this day.

Also, kids film but the ending of Toy Story 3 got me going as well, but not sure if that's really sad.

For genuine sadness, I would go with Garage as mentioned earlier, affected me for days after seeing it.

Also, The Wrestler, Green Mile and The Elephant Man

Most recently, the ending of Captain Phillips, the medical scene was done in a very sad heart wrenching way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Anyone who thinks they've already seen the saddest movie needs to watch Germany Year Zero.
    Even the stills from this movie are miserable: https://www.google.ie/search?q=germany+year+zero&biw=1280&bih=961&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=U_ICVeuAJcbd7Qbb24DoBw&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

The Iron Giant is way up there.

Click was a huge surprise to me. The uncontrollable loss of his family. For an Adam Sandler film to get you right in the feels like that took we way offf guard. Then they ruin it all by giving you the happy ending but I was watching that one hung over and in a very fragile state.

Donnie Darko I found really sad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Moon. When the guy working on the base realises that he's a clone and doesn't have a wife and child waiting for him at home. Gut wrenching stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Into The Wild

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

Angela's ashes and the notebook, always get me no matter how many times I see them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Sarahs Key :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

My Friend told me to watch Schindler's List with a box of tissues.Lying fooker....there was nothing to **** over in that film.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Planes trains and auto mobiles has a very sad ending!
    Em animal farm is a bit depressing. UP (the beginning).

And I only saw these when I was quite young but the only movies Ive cried at are the titanic and the boy in the striped pyjamas.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

My Friend told me to watch Schindler's List with a box of tissues.Lying fooker....there was nothing to **** over in that film.
    Well, other than that shower scene...

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Dancer in the Dark by Lars von Trier. Seriously, it's just relentless, it starts out sad, then it gets sadder and sadder, and more and more tragic, until it's over.

The only let up are the songs, by Bjork, which are great.

Bjork is really amazing in it, although she found the whole experience so tough she never wanted to act again after it. Not surprised. It's actually a really great film but way, way too sad for any normal person to bear. (trailer is massively spoiler-filled btw.)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Angela's ashes and the notebook, always get me no matter how many times I see them

The Notebook often gets mentioned and I found the ending far too contrived to be sad to be honest. An overrated film imho.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Amercan Sniper caught me by surprise .
    A solitary tear may have escaped at the end as I watched the documentary footage at the end , showing his funeral cortege.

The funeral of a murdering psychopath drew a tear from you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Egginacup wrote: »
    The funeral of a murdering psychopath drew a tear from you?

I thought it was a cräp movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

King Kong's defiant last stand as he beats his chest and roars on top of the Empire State building

Fcuking humans. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

King Kong's defiant last stand as he beats his chest and roars on top of the Empire State building

Fcuking humans. :(

Which version? 33? 80s? Or 00s?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

cerastes wrote: »
    Which version? 33? 80s? Or 00s?

Peter Jackson's version 2005. I usually stop watching when the scene of Kong's bait and capture takes place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

The Lives of Others. The end with the book scene (you'll know if you've seen it) gets me every time.

Someone mentioned Empire of the Sun, yep. The end of Adam and Paul too.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭redshoes15

Bloody Sunday. Harrowing film from start to finish...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

Greyfriars Bobby, sob sob

Love it. Went to the pub in Edin beside the cemetery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Kovu wrote: »
    Hachi :(

Can't watch it, it would kill me

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Rabbit Proof Fence, especially the scene where the children get taken away. The most gut-wrenching thing I've seen in a film. :,-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Watership Down and Simon Birch are the only times I've shed one of your human tears during a film.

• Advertisement
Advertisement