Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddest movie of all time? (that you have seen- for the pedants)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

'Seven Pounds' is a sad one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Anything with a sad ending involving animals, Hachi is up there. :(

Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence. The ending where there was silence between Lawrence and Seargant Hara during their conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Mysterious Skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Giblet wrote: »
    I now know why I cry, and it's something I always do (during this scene). :(
    I know now why you cry, but it is something I could never do.

Poor John.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

A.i artificial intelligence
    The teddy bear was left all alone. We had to watch it in class. And I cried for the most of the movie. All the poor kid wanted was a mother
    Angela's ashes
    The color purple
    Schindlers list
    On the waterfront

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Either the pianist or top gun when goose dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

While watching The Green Mile, I think somebody in the room was chopping onions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

The ending of Butterfly Effect blew my mind and left me...damn

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Not sure if it's technically a film but the feature length documentary 1 Million Dubliners broke me. I sobbed my heart out. Watched with my housemate, we've known each other for years but it was the first time he's seen me cry, I don't think he knew what to do :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

20Cent wrote: »
    Letter to Zachary v sad plus it's a documentary. Watched it with the wife while she was six months pregnant (for the love of God do not do that).

Je-sus!

I would tell anyone to approach that doc with caution. It's the worst I've been manipulated into feeling since I read The Road.

For me, Remains of the Day left me feeling bereft. What could have been……

E.T though. Every single time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

Etre Et Avoir: To Be And To Have (docu/movie)
    The little girl doing her homework and the parents not able to help because they could not read or write but the pride they showed in their 6 yr old (or there abouts)daughter because she could. Beautiful and heartbreaking scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

The Champ.
    No matter how many times I watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Marley and Me. I was a blubbering mess after that movie and couldn't get it together and a load of 12 year olds were laughing at me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Watership Down

Obviously :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Lapin wrote: »
    Watership Down

When I hear Bright Eyes.....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

I've never cried at a movie, but I'm not ashamed to say that Philomena had me the closest. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

I nearly cried (nearly!) during that scene in Fury when they all decide to stay in the tank and let it become their iron coffin. So much patriotism, valour and integrity in one scene. Something else...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

Withnail and I, funniest and saddest film of all time, the soliloquy at the end is so perfect an ending, it may have been written by Shakespeare.

Its sad,they go their separate ways and we dont know how things really ended up after the ending.Withnail(R.E.G) went on to great things after that .He become the actor he was destined to be, staring in great films like Keep the Aspidistra Flying (George Orwell adaption) and how to ahead in advertising(big bucks) and has had along successful career.The lines really do blur between Withnail and Richard E Grant.Even doing the hotel programs I still sometimes see him as Withnail,what f**ker said?
    Marwood aka Paul McGann now where did end up with all his lofty pretentiousness?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_McGann
    (Class pic of the guy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

Saddest movie ..the one with dicaprio and deniro ..a boys life for some reason got to me when I watched it on tv a few years back,and also a time to kill was very sad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Ruu wrote: »
    Anything with a sad ending involving animals, Hachi is up there. :(

Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence. The ending where there was silence between Lawrence and Seargant Hara during their conversation.

I love Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence, we had the instrumental at our Wedding. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Lapin wrote: »
    Watership Down

That broke my heart, what made it worse was not long after watching it that day my uncle came home from hunting rabbits and proceeded to skin them in the garden. More than 30 years ago and I still haven't forgiven him.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Remember the Titans. It always makes me cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Brother bear. :( I bawl at that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Grave of the fireflies - it's a film that is so sad it haunts me :( probably even more so now I have a daughter a little younger than Setsuko :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grave_of_the_Fireflies

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Links234 wrote: »
    Grave of the Fireflies

Best movie I'll probably never see again :o

Almost tempted to watch that again..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭con___manx1

this is my father. Its so sad and an Irish movie that so many people that I no have not seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 EmperorKuzco

Saw the French film "Intouchables" a few weeks ago and it destroyed me. Probably the most I've cried during a film.

Also... My Girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Threads, BBC film from 1983. Sad and horrifying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The last 10 minutes of babe get me every time.

Advertisement