Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JGL Lamp

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

McCullagh's In Bagenalstown will have them end of the month. He's taking orders supposed to be getting 50 has about 20 on order so far. Think it's €55 with charger plug and car charger. €10 for a red filter.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

are there any good for solo runs.
    thinking strongly about getting one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭sniperman

Hunter456 wrote: »
    are there any good for solo runs.
    thinking strongly about getting one of these.

i use mine solo with the whippet,was out for 2 hours last night,got 7 rabbits,no sign of the lamp losing charge,happy so far with it:D

i use a rifle so i better get better on free hand shooting lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

I turned mine on at 9.30 a.m. yesterday,went out and came home at 3 o clock and it was still lighting,it was almost gone but not totally.I was talking to my mate and he told me over the phone today he last charged his 2 weeks ago and hes out 5 times since,for roughly 2 to 3 hrs each time.Excellent lamps in every way in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

transit260 wrote: »
    I turned mine on at 9.30 a.m. yesterday,went out and came home at 3 o clock and it was still lighting,it was almost gone but not totally.I was talking to my mate and he told me over the phone today he last charged his 2 weeks ago and hes out 5 times since,for roughly 2 to 3 hrs each time.Excellent lamps in every way in my opinion

how did you know it was almost gone? they have 100% power till they die.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

I bought one of these a week ago, €55 in shooting & fishing in lucan, no filters came in with with them but i reckon a tracer 140 filter will fit and the red filters kill led light anyway so may try without it for a while anyway. Supposed to be giving it its first run tonight if the rain eases off
    IMG-1449485689468-V_zpsvizdciax.jpg

for anyone who's trying to trace one themselves, this seems to be the supplier, this was on the box....
    20151210_184800_zpsgyoyavse.jpg

i bought one from irishshootingsports.ie, just tried it there on the field behind the house my god well impressed by the power of this lamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

garv123 wrote: »
    how did you know it was almost gone? they have 100% power till they die.

when I came in it was just about visible,the light was almost gone but was still there,not full power.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Just picked one up today. Sean in Stakelums in Thurles is closing the gun section and so having a sale of the coming weeks/months. It's all outlined here.

Price was €50. He has about 8 - 10 left.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

For anyone who might be in a similar position to me with no filter, John O'Briens in waterford have red filters that fit perfectly and still give good beam of light to 150-200 yards for €10. Picked one up earlier.
    20151212_100524_zps9xjri5xf.jpg

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    For anyone who might be in a similar position to me with no filter, John O'Briens in waterford have red filters that fit perfectly and still give good beam of light to 150-200 yards for €10. Picked one up earlier.
    20151212_100524_zps9xjri5xf.jpg

McCullough in Bagenalstown has the same filters

Saw them for sale today in a small outdoor, hunting and pet shop down near game stop in clonmel. Never seen the shop before. Full of avoerpriced ****e. Lamps were 80euro. bargain for anyone

€80!!!!!!!!

Where is this "shop"?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Cass wrote: »
    €80!!!!!!!!

Where is this "shop"?

Ninja edit :D clonmel it was. Crazy. Shop had jack pyke gear for crazy money. Could barely move in there it was so tight and literally packed to the roof with ****e.

Sounds great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭hollow point

The Mrs got me one of these lamps for Xmas I plugged in the mains charger just to see if it was working does any one know if the little light on the mains charger is supposed to light up when plugged in or when it's fully charged

Mine is red when charging and green when fully charged.

Thought it should be something like that alright

hexosan wrote: »
    Mine is red when charging and green when fully charged.

Same as mine.

• Advertisement

Went back to shop today and they changed it no bother this one is lighting up red at the moment on charge so I will be looking forward to getting out with it when the monsoon stops

Advertisement