Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeremy Clarkson suspended

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,517 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Anyone hear Mark Evans on the Anton Savage show yesterday.

He definitely said his name was in the mix to co present.

Personally I like to see him along with Ed China on the show. I'd actually start watching it ( if we had TV, presume it won't be online)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

_Brian wrote: »

He definitely said his name was in the mix to co present.

Personally I like to see him along with Ed China on the show. I'd actually start watching it ( if we had TV, presume it won't be online)

You'd be able to get it on the iPlayer, I presume, with a proxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,242 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

From the ever reliable Popbitch:

>> Pissed-on heads <<
    The man with a golden gun

Jeremy Clarkson's temper
    tantrums were so frequent
    at Top Gear, claim some
    production staff, that they
    developed a code for his moods.
    If things ever reached a 'CC4'
    ('C*nt Com Four') then you'd
    know not to approach him under
    any circumstance – even if it
    was urgent.

Given that he punched a man
    over a bad dinner order, we
    can only imagine how Clarkson
    would place on the C*nt Com
    scale if he ever found out
    that irked crew members had
    taken to pissing in the water
    pistol that he used to spray
    himself down with to keep
    cool when filming in the
    southern states of America.

FYI: Dealing with May and Hammond,
    they say, was much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^

i wouldn't believe half that sh!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

It seems now that the presenters are unable to present or take part in any similar show for at least two years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

foggy_lad wrote: »
    It seems now that the presenters are unable to present or take part in any similar show for at least two years.

Are you at all interested in the difference between Imperial measurements and the Old British Apothecaries Units?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

jimgoose wrote: »
    Are you at all interested in the difference between Imperial measurements and the Old British Apothecaries Units?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/jeremy-clarkson-banned-making-top-6017732
    CLARKSON, along long with co-hosts James May and Richard Hammond, aren't allowed to work on a similar show on UK TV for two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,242 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^

i wouldn't believe half that sh!t

They have a very good track record, loads of connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

BBC 3 are still showing Top Gear which I find strange. Maybe they don't have anything else to show?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭cml387

Birneybau wrote: »
    They have a very good track record, loads of connections.

One of those things that, though you don't really believe it, you really wish it was true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

_Brian wrote: »

said he's in the mix

he'd be excellent, very bright man

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Clarkson, May & Hammond have just signed up to produce a motoring show on the Amazon Prime streaming service

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

BBDBB wrote: »
    Clarkson, May & Hammond have just signed up to produce a motoring show on the Amazon Prime streaming service

Ah FFS :mad:

Torrents it is so… :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

They will be back on TV in a couple of years once their quarantine is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I presently have Amazon Prime to cut down on shipping costs, so the streaming service comes free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Vic_08

smurfjed wrote: »
    I presently have Amazon Prime to cut down on shipping costs, so the streaming service comes free :)

All TG fans round to yours on release day then.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Discodog wrote: »
    They will be back on TV in a couple of years once their quarantine is over.

I agree, probably the bbc & for a fee bigger than they were already on before all this

All TG fans round to yours on release day then.
    All welcome..... but it will be cheaper to buy Prime that a ticket to visit me :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

According to Engadget and WSJ; There could be a deal to make the show available to local broadcasters where Amazon Prime is not available.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/30/amazon-top-gear/?ncid=rss_truncated

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/07/30/former-top-gear-hosts-to-launch-new-auto-series-for-amazon-prime/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

smurfjed wrote: »

Streaming in Ireland?
    According to Engadget and WSJ; There could be a deal to make the show available to local broadcasters where Amazon Prime is not available.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/30/amazon-top-gear/?ncid=rss_truncated

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/07/30/former-top-gear-hosts-to-launch-new-auto-series-for-amazon-prime/

Let's hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,163 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I agree, probably the bbc & for a fee bigger than they were already on before all this

Nah

Don't think so, past their sell-by.

Yesterday's men , on the way out.

Streaming in Ireland?
    My VPN probably believes that I'm somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

Nah

You'll have to wait a little longer I'm afraid before you're dream comes true, Brendan. Amazon certainly don't think so. And they're no mugs. And they've given him full editorial control. So this'll be the bbc show on steroids. And according to amazon 'a substantial investment'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Nah

You've still got that hard on for wanting to see Clarkson, May, and Hammond fail, don't you?

Did you not read the bottle? If erection lasts for more than 4 hours, please consult a doctor.

You've still got that hard on for wanting to see Clarkson, May, and Hammond fail, don't you?

Did you not read the bottle? If erection lasts for more than 4 hours, please consult a doctor.

Just my opinion, just my opinion.

Been gone too long now and appearing on some obscure medium won't do them any good.

Beginning of the end for the lads, will never be the same again.

Clarkson blew it by assaulting that work colleague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Did you know 139 of your 900 posts is about Clarkson?

Move on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

I saw an episode of TG recently where they drove across the Mid East in run down sports cars. An utterly futile exercise that established nothing about the relative merits of sports cars. TG is only a lads road trip with unlikely vehicles. It did very well as that and the new one will too. Should be on Dave or something though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Fleawuss wrote: »
    TG is only a lads road trip with unlikely vehicles.

People say that as if it's some sort of shocking revelation, when in fact it's the precise reason the show is so popular. It's not a new observation.

The truth is there's no real need for a indepthly informative motoring show these days. Anyone wanting precise technical details of cars has easier access to it now more than ever through the internet.

Top Gear is/was an entertainment show first and foremost. I never watched it because I was overly interested in cars anyway.

You can either love or hate Clarkson, but there's no denying that he and the other two have a great chemistry on screen, and produce something that many people find entertaining.

• Advertisement

People say that as if it's some sort of shocking revelation, when in fact it's the precise reason the show is so popular. It's not a new observation.

The truth is there's no real need for a indepthly informative motoring show these days. Anyone wanting precise technical details of cars has easier access to it now more than ever through the internet.

Top Gear is/was an entertainment show first and foremost. I never watched it because I was overly interested in cars anyway.

You can either love or hate Clarkson, but there's no denying that he and the other two have a great chemistry on screen, and produce something that many people find entertaining.

True enough, but they are has-beens now due to their absence from the screens as a result of Clarksons arrogance and assault.

Confined to some obscure streaming medium their viewership will decline and they will sink into oblivion.

Won't be the same in my opinion.

Advertisement