Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Casshern88 wrote: »

Organisation wise the festival itself was run well. Ques moved quickly, security people were sounds

only gripe i'd have is that when i was leaving in my car on Sun morning there was only 1 road so the same road was being used for cars coming in and cars coming out ....who ever thought that was a good idea?!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Rebel1987

only gripe i'd have is that when i was leaving in my car on Sun morning there was only 1 road so the same road was being used for cars coming in and cars coming out ....who ever thought that was a good idea?!

The field beside that roadway was being used on Friday and Saturday for traffic leaving but it turned to a bog by Sunday so they had no choice but to use the one road.

Great weekend, probably the best one yet.

I'm still in bits after it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

Oh I didn't do the plastic bag thing, just a friend with a loose arm band

Well done. With any luck you snuck some drink in too. I'm sure you'll probably complain about the line up next year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Meathlass wrote: »
    Surprised there was no schedules for sale inside. They could have made a fortune. We had to keep harassing a friend who'd photocopied the running order to find out who was on when.

Or put up a few posters with the running schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Kazbah wrote: »
    Or put up a few posters with the running schedule

Ya luckily i came prepared and printed a load of timetables off for everyone in my group plus extras so we always knew who was on when , but if i hadn't done that we would have probably missed load of acts unless we stumbled onto them by chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Ya luckily i came prepared and printed a load of timetables off for everyone in my group plus extras so we always knew who was on when , but if i hadn't done that we would have probably missed load of acts unless we stumbled onto them by chance

Yeah, for a lot of our group it was our first time there so didn't know what to expect and we were caught out. Will be better prepared next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Surprised there was no schedules for sale inside. They could have made a fortune. We had to keep harassing a friend who'd photocopied the running order to find out who was on when.

There was, in the merchandise store in middle of the area in front of the main stage. I got one on the Friday night, unless they sold out now...

It wasn't one you could put around your neck but it was a small magazine type job....I have no idea how it managed to survive the whole weekend in my back pocket!!

ericzeking wrote: »
    There was, in the merchandise store in middle of the area in front of the main stage. I got one on the Friday night, unless they sold out now...

Saw that stall and meant to go over to look at the hoodies etc but didn't get around to it. Pity, they could advertise it better, make some extra profit for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Saw that stall and meant to go over to look at the hoodies etc but didn't get around to it. Pity, they could advertise it better, make some extra profit for themselves.

To be fair to them it's the same every year, I would imagine with smart phones now that the demand wouldn't be so high and maybe they just don't print off so many in case they get left with them and the cost.

Print a few but don't go throwing them in peoples faces and the people that want them will go find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

ericzeking wrote: »
    I would imagine with smart phones now that the demand wouldn't be so high

A simple app would be something all festivals could benefit from, not something they have to pump loads of money into just something that gives timetables / stages and you can highlight / set alarm for what bands you want to see.

• Advertisement

Most of our phones were dead by saturday afternoon, even with flight mode turned on! We had some screen shots alright of the line up but I like the printed schedules as a souvenir.

The festival app is a good idea alright. Would definitely pay a €1 for that.

Well done. With any luck you snuck some drink in too. I'm sure you'll probably complain about the line up next year too.

There were no weekend camping tickets left by the time I bought my day ticket. How did I cost the festival any money by paying for parking and my day ticket + crashing in my friend's tent for 1 night?

There were no weekend camping tickets left by the time I bought my day ticket. How did I cost the festival any money by paying for parking and my day ticket + crashing in my friend's tent for 1 night?

By not buying a camping ticket and camping maybe?

I don't particularly care but you're complaining about a roadway (without engaging your brain a little) yet you can't be organised enough to buy a camping ticket on time?

What if you'd gotten hurt in the campsite?

I don't particularly care but you're complaining about a roadway (without engaging your brain a little)?

How was I supposed to telepathically know there was another road which had been closed?

I drove in there once, I drove out of there once both times on the same road.

From what I saw there was one road in and out.

By not buying a camping ticket and camping maybe?
    ?

But I still didn't cost the festival any money.....because the camping tickets were sold out

But I still didn't cost the festival any money.....because the camping tickets were sold out

Justify it all you want. You shouldn't have been in the campsite. You cost them money because you didn't buy a camping ticket. That the tickets were sold out was your fault, not theirs.

Had a great weekend there anyway besides. Longitude, Picnic and Indie. the rest I can take or leave.

Advertisement