Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence

Options
  • 10-03-2015 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭

Ash
    The Dandy Warhols
    Mark Lanegan Band
    Jape
    Gavin James
    The Flaws
    Wyvern Lingo
    Little Hours
    The North Sea
    Admiral Fallow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

pretty good to start.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Must try for a day ticket for mark lanegan, hopefully Ash be on same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Limerick91

I'm sure The Coronas will be "surprise guests" again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

That's a very decent line up actually. Fan of Admiral Fallow and Jape.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,412 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Limerick91 wrote: »
    I'm sure The Coronas will be "surprise guests" again

Na it will be Hozier :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Not bad, nothing I'm hell bent on making the trip for though. It was a bit of a teen fest last year, so I think I'll avoid this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Not bad, nothing I'm hell bent on making the trip for though. It was a bit of a teen fest last year, so I think I'll avoid this year.

Over 18s this year I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Really was hoping to campervan this year but with no electric hook up don't think I will...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

11024612_10153244555337139_4948309369780781823_n.jpg?oh=34f85165db47e61f5046e81b8b7c03ff&oe=55ACE41F&__gda__=1441075552_94ad96a61f79aed6ec3da3aea967de6a

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Munstermad wrote: »
    Really was hoping to campervan this year but with no electric hook up don't think I will...

I asked em about a portable genie and they said no. I still got a camper ticket though. Should be a good laugh.

• Advertisement

Definately still going, great like up, but would have loved to hire campervan for comfort....
    Ah well back to tents and portaloos :D:eek::D:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

anyone been to this before? how was it
    is there showers and stuff like EP for the campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

cFXfxrEC.jpg

It appears this is the final lineup anyway, Hermitage Green and Roisin O were just added there a couple of days ago.

Honestly I find it pretty disappointing really. I managed to get VIP tickets from a sponsor so I don't mind that much really, and I know that it is a really good little festival. But This year does just seem like a downgrade from other years. It reeks of the entire budget being blown on Basement Jaxx (which will be fantastic no doubt though.)

Any other recommendations there? Will be looking forward to Ash, All Tvvins, RSAG, Wyvern Lingo and Mark Lanegan otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alia1804

Hey Guys, just posting up that I have an indiependence 3 day camping ticket going for 90 euro if anybody is interested ^.^

Another act being announced tomorrow.. Fingers crossed!!
    So many to wish for!!!!:):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Smic16

Anyone know if it's possible to get a bus back from the festival on the Sunday night to cork city?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Another act being announced tomorrow.. Fingers crossed!!
    So many to wish for!!!!:):):):)

Jack Savoretti.

They could have announced Beanbag O'Brien and I doubt the reaction would be any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Bought tickets for it. Hopefully it will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Just looking at the FAQs on bringing alcohol to this. They say you can bring in 24 cans or a bottle of spirits (but not both). I presume there's nothing stopping you going back out to your car on the saturday and sunday and bringing in more alcohol. How are they going to know what you brought in previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭zenarcadian

'Tis looking well, in fairness. Nice amount of Irish talent up and down the announcements.

• Advertisement

Meathlass wrote: »
    Just looking at the FAQs on bringing alcohol to this. They say you can bring in 24 cans or a bottle of spirits (but not both). I presume there's nothing stopping you going back out to your car on the saturday and sunday and bringing in more alcohol. How are they going to know what you brought in previously?
    Not clear on the website, says once inside no extra allowances made, but this is a bit vague. Last year could have spirit and cans, and could go back to your car and bring in more as much as you wanted? Time for to put the thinking caps on... or should I say vodka caps...LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

It's a litre of spirits or a slab this year??

Ah now :(

In saying that though the bag searches last year were very superficial, I had extra liquor at the bottom of the bag and the security guy came nowhere near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Well, I've never been before but there's plenty of warnings on the website about stringent security searches and no under 18s allowed this year.

They actually said a 'bottle' of spirits so I don't know if I can fill my 2lt plastic water bottle up with vodka and get away with it. :-)

Will just bring extra in the car anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

will the Bacardi stage be there this year?

will the Bacardi stage be there this year?

Looks like its called the garden this year. Looking forward to Fish go deep.
    11794472_10153088150301545_1578460294494727044_o.jpg

Hopefully the rain will keep off.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

They say that every year about the drink restrictions and I've been to multiple other festivals that say similar (slab or 1 bottle spirits) . I think it's just a thing they have to say for insurance reasons or something. I always have considerably more than the said limits and never had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Not clear on the website, says once inside no extra allowances made, but this is a bit vague. Last year could have spirit and cans, and could go back to your car and bring in more as much as you wanted? Time for to put the thinking caps on... or should I say vodka caps...LOL :D

Probably means that you have to take the booze in on the first trip, so that when you are wristbanded they will stop you taking in further booze thats what they mean with 'no extra allowances.'

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

The lineup is fairly brutal compared to 2/3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Can anyone recommend any decent bands to check out on the sat and sun apart from the headline acts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 hooked96

Anyone know if it'll be difficult to bring a deflated/inflated small rubber dingy past sequrity into one of the stage audiences? :D

Advertisement