Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

hooked96 wrote: »
    Anyone know if it'll be difficult to bring a deflated/inflated small rubber dingy past sequrity into one of the stage audiences? :D

I can't imagine there would be a problem unless someone has been battered to death with a rubber dingy before. :pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hooked96

Haha thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

hooked96 wrote: »
    Anyone know if it'll be difficult to bring a deflated/inflated small rubber dingy past sequrity into one of the stage audiences? :D

You might need the dingy to negotiate your way around the festival if this bloody weather doesn't improve! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Anyone driving back to Galway city from this on the Monday morning with space for 2? will chip in for fuel!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Hi there,
    I have a day ticket and my friends have camping all weekend tickets.
    Anyone know could I stay in their tent that 1 night or would i have trouble getting into the campsite without a camping armband (I presume it's an armband system)
    It's my first time at Indiependence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Hi there,
    Anyone know could I stay in their tent that 1 night or would i have trouble getting into the campsite without a camping armband (I presume it's an armband system)

They check wristbands getting back into the campsite. We managed to sneak 2 wans from Galway into the campsite last year but it was the Sunday night when security were at the end of their tether. If you don't get in you could find yourself fierce stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Hi there,

Get a friend who has a loose wristband, do the plastic bag trick to slip it off and get someone to bring it out to you so you can get in just for the night.

Get a friend who has a loose wristband, do the plastic bag trick to slip it off and get someone to bring it out to you so you can get in just for the night.

cheers. I'm gonna search YouTube for the plastic bag trick now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

cheers. I'm gonna search YouTube for the plastic bag trick now

All I got was kids putting pencils through plastic bags full of water without spilling a drop :confused:
    Your mates might be able to distract the security lads with that clever little trick while you sneak in behind them ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 coolieo5000

Standard last minute searching for tickets.... But anyone have one spare?

My buddy has a campervan ticket but never actually got a ticket and now they are gone. He's my accommodation for the weekend!

Would greatly appreciate it if anyone has one to spare that doesn't feel like ripping me off!

There is a promise of lovely cans in return!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Anyone have a google map link for Deer Park, by any chance?

Edit: Its cool, I have it. Its here, by the Firgrove Hotel, if anyone else is looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Standard last minute searching for tickets.... But anyone have one spare?

My buddy has a campervan ticket but never actually got a ticket and now they are gone. He's my accommodation for the weekend!

Would greatly appreciate it if anyone has one to spare that doesn't feel like ripping me off!

There is a promise of lovely cans in return!

I thought there was still tier 4 (or whatever the final, dearest tier is called?) Didn't think it was completely sold out yet?

Looking for a Friday ticket myself if anyone knows of where I could get a cheap one? PM if you do (sorry mod if I'm breaking the rules here)

Last minute decision. Wasn't going to bother this year, but I've been to every single one so far so don't wanna break the cycle. Probably going to be a mudbath but most of my friends are going and it's not every day Basement Jaxx play 20miles down the road from my house.

Feck it, be better than staying home watching the Late Late Show with Ryan Tubridy and his toothbrush-shaped head!!

I thought there was still tier 4 (or whatever the final, dearest tier is called?) Didn't think it was completely sold out yet?

Looking for a Friday ticket myself if anyone knows of where I could get a cheap one? PM if you do (sorry mod if I'm breaking the rules here)

Last minute decision. Wasn't going to bother this year, but I've been to every single one so far so don't wanna break the cycle. Probably going to be a mudbath but most of my friends are going and it's not every day Basement Jaxx play 20miles down the road from my house.

Feck it, be better than staying home watching the Late Late Show with Ryan Tubridy and his toothbrush-shaped head!!

To be honest, I've no other reason to be there except for them and fish go deep (possibly 80's v 90's). The late late is finished for the summer btw :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Smic16

Heading Sunday night but bus eireann are not running buses back that night to cork. Anyone know of any means to get back to cork city?or any free accomodation. All seem booked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Weather looking dodgy for this, would still like to there, great lineup for the cost

Anyone on site. What's it looking like ground wise? They letting people through into campsite yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Just wondering if any other day trippers tmw fancy sharing a taxi from mitchelstown to cork city tmw night?

Anyone know what time Ash will be playing at?

Anyone know what time Ash will be playing at?

10:45.

Off topic, I'm dying here. Basement jaxx were unreal

• Advertisement

10:45.

Off topic, I'm dying here. Basement jaxx were unreal

Cheers thanks a mil! You don't happen to know what time Ham Sandwich are playing at? I've only a day ticket and loads of stuff to do today

How was it?

threein99 wrote: »
    How was it?

Fantastic. I'm in bits

This worked. Thanks! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Fantastic. I'm in bits
    Ditto :)

This worked. Thanks! :P

How does this work?

threein99 wrote: »
    How does this work?

Oh I didn't do the plastic bag thing, just a friend with a loose arm band

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Surprised there was no schedules for sale inside. They could have made a fortune. We had to keep harassing a friend who'd photocopied the running order to find out who was on when.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DaireW2890

Anyone know the names of the DJ's in the Kopperberg tent??

• Advertisement

So back to normality, i had a great festival this was my second year at Indie, while the line up wasn't as strong this year i still had a great time, I heard a lot of people say this about the line up.

Highlights for me where basement Jaxx ( I actually presumed this was just going to be a DJ set, but it was amazing with the live band). Little hours ( Irish band from donegal, great vocals) Kodaline, dandy warhols.

Ash were a let down, Lead singer had a sore throat so they only did a 20 min set and half the songs were new material no one knew. No shining light played!! Koppenberg tent was always hopping.

80 vs 90s every night in the barn was a great way to finish off each night, especially on the Sunday night it was absolutely class, great energy in there.

I was camped in the campsite with all the food stalls and showers, I though the crowd was grand didn't see any rough elements , the crowd was a bit young but I'm an old buck at 27 anyway! :P

Organization wise the festival itself was run well. Ques moved quickly, security people were sounds, no major problem bringing drink into arena once your not obvious, also having the showers free was a nice touch.

I've been to four festivals this summer and over all I enjoyed indie the most, best run and best atmosphere of any I've been at this year. i will defo be back for '16.

Advertisement