Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How religion has f***** my life up

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Ouch .
    Again slave. Say it again.

Wang King wrote: »
    In fairness, he'd probably get more helpful replies from a pet rock than AH regulars
    Might have more in common too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Angelo.J197

Again slave. Say it again.

Soo educated soo civil

Might have more in common too.

I don't think likening me to you is going to help kittycat....

I really do hope so

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Guys some of you should try being from an African background with strong Pentecostal beliefs. The beatings I've taken ohhhhh boy. Some of you may say sure just report to social services be grand....it's doesn't work like that all the time

I get where youre coming from. I grew up with typically wishy washy irish catholic parents who gave up on their heathen son after a year or so of trying to force me to mass but i had friends with particularly rabid catholic parents who werent shy about beating the love of Christ into them.
    My wife is protestant by heritage and many of her school friends would be prod/COI/ etc and had a horrendous time growing up.

Soo educated soo civil
    This isn't wordplay. The rock could be funnier than you. But that's beside the point.

I am unclear I don't have all the facts. But I have an idea. And if it's correct it makes you horrible. No wordplay changes that fact.

Still unclear admittedly but there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

but then again yours probably aren't mad crazy like mine so I suppose that's the reason you feel it's so simple.

Just be grateful you don't have to go through the daily troubles of religious African life.
    I went through the daily religious Irish life of 7 decades ago, so please do not assume anything about the upbringing I had just to garner the response you want to hear. How on earth could I have to go through daily African life, be it religious or areligous?
    I'm out of here because I just can't be bothered any more with this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

This isn't wordplay. The rock could be funnier than you. But that's beside the point.

I am unclear I don't have all the facts. But I have an idea. And if it's correct it makes you horrible. No wordplay changes that fact.

What are you on about? :confused:

I went through the daily religious Irish life of 7 decades ago, so please do not assume anything about the upbringing I had just to garner the response you want to hear. How on earth could I have to go through daily African life, be it religious or areligous?
    I'm out of here because I just can't be bothered any more with this.

Good day

• Advertisement

Kitty I don't even know what you are blabbing on about tbf but ok....

Nim wrote: »
    What are you on about? :confused:
    I have only my suspicions.

I have only my suspicions.

Could you please elaborate because I've understood everyone's post so far but I honestly cannot decode the purpose

I am actually not even going to pretend I like this. I don't want to talk to you anymore .bye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

Once you're an adult, you can do your own thing. You just deal with it til then.
    What if you can't deal with it?

Why don't you say what you suspect instead of being all cryptic? :confused:
    You've also posted a few personal comments at the thread-starter (including "it has parents?" and an allusion to slavery to an African person; maybe I'm missing an obvious in-joke though) - isn't that against the rules?
    You're not exactly covering yourself in glory with that approach. Just say what concerns you because if we're being sold a pup here by Angelo, we deserve to know! :)

Baby Jane wrote: »

Why don't you say what you suspect instead of being all cryptic? :confused:
    You've also posted a few personal comments at the thread-starter (including "it has parents?" and an allusion to slavery to an African person; maybe I'm missing an obvious in-joke though) - isn't that against the rules?
    You're not exactly covering yourself in glory with that approach. Just say what concerns you because if we're being sold a pup here by Angelo, we deserve to know! :)
    I am just paranoid.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

I am actually not even going to pretend I like this. I don't want to talk to you anymore .bye

This is turning into a bad episode of Take me Out!

Baby Jane wrote: »

:)
    I suspect the poster is totally disingenuous. I would never think the way you suggest as you are right it would be very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

My grandma and mother are both devout Catholics, and for years I was under the influence of the Catholic church, due to them pushing it down my throat, along with my primary school. Eventually I started to think for myself, and changed my ways. I stopped going to Mass altogether despite my mother constantly getting at me to go, I stopped giving a damn about religion, and for years now i've been very opinionated and vocal about the ways of various different religions. Either way, that's how far it goes with me.

Kitty this thread was made for a general discussion of the topic. Any butt hurt you endured is entirely the reward of you patrolling your mouth without coherence of anything you said. Now I'm sorry if your feelings have been hurt but really you brought it upon yourself when you used the term "slave"

• Advertisement

Riddle101 wrote: »
    My grandma and mother are both devout Catholics, and for years I was under the influence of the Catholic church, due to them pushing it down my throat, along with my primary school. Eventually I started to think for myself, and changed my ways. I stopped going to Mass altogether despite my mother constantly getting at me to go, I stopped giving a damn about religion, and for years now i've been very opinionated and vocal about the ways of various different religions. Either way, that's how far it goes with me.

It delights me to see a post such as this one! Wish you all the very best in life pal! An open mind is the way to go!

Advertisement