Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Other Half"

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I thought bae was a pisstake word that no one actually uses. Until I overheard two teenagers on the train using it over and over in a normal conversation...it is awful!

Is that not a familiar term between young males in Donegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Doesn't bother me as much as that "bae" nonsense,sounds like a word teenagers from Beverly hills would use

"Before anyone else" and they walking around like a Christmas turkey pffffffffft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

fergus1001 wrote: »
    "Before anyone else" and they walking around like a Christmas turkey pffffffffft

It means poop......in danish

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I don't get why someone feels the need to use it.

I do. They can't say what they really want to say. You know, stuff like - bitch, wanker, good for nothing bast@rd, nagging fúck, hag, slob, ect, ect....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

You know, stuff like - bitch, wanker, good for nothing bast@rd, nagging fúck, hag, slob, ect, ect....:pac:

Queen of the harpies is a favourite of mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

I had a nosey peek at the phone of a woman in the airport queue last night. She was texting 'Hubbie Eoin'.

I cringed. I know it's trivial and makes no impact on my life whatsoever :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

thefloss wrote: »
    I had a nosey peek at the phone of a woman in the airport queue last night. She was texting 'Hubbie Eoin'.

I cringed. I know it's trivial and makes no impact on my life whatsoever :pac:

Seems reasonable to conclude that either:

(a) she's a bigamist with at least two husbands, and has to label them Hubbie Eoin, Hubbie Mark, Hubbie James etc. OR

(b) she's got a terrible memory, and Eoin means so little to her that she has to label him Hubbie Eoin in her phone in case she forgets who he is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

I see it a lot here and also on certain social media sites where people call the person they are in a relationship with their "other half".
    Anybody else HATE it?? I think it is a bit desperate if I'm totally honest. We are all individuals, I don't get why someone feels the need to use it.
    Recently single (my choice) but if I had been with him for 30 years, I would never, ever refer to him as my "other half"!

Do you miss Switzer's?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I actually don't know how to refer to my "other half " to other people. We never married, so not husband. Boyfriend is far too teenager like when we are together 25 yrs with 3 kids. Partner sounds like a business thing, or something out of a cowboy movie. Himself sounds real old fashioned or something. It's a pain in the hole really :(

Advertisement