Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

That lingering on shoite pisses me off. When I first tried internet dating, I was a bit green and learnt my lessons so now I have my own set of rules that I stand by. If meeting up is not suggested in the first 3-4 days of chatting, then I move on quick. If they try the sexting or dirty talk, bye bye. I'd like to think I can spot the time wasters a mile away now.

Though the only thing is you could be cutting off someone who is new to Internet dating....though sometimes I do feel it's jumping the gun by maybe suggesting meeting up if you are only sending maybe 1msg a day??
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

heyday30 wrote: »
    How come toasted?

Done my back in last night and spent most of it in hospital :o went to work today too and well yeah I'm a bit worse for wear :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

There's no point suggesting meeting, if few messages are exchanged a day. Personally, I prefer to wait a week or slightly more to suggest meeting, just to see how things will go. I'd just like to see how the conversation goes and, if it seems that things are going well, I'll ask. If there doesn't seem to be much of an effort her end, then that's that. I've always been afraid to ask about meeting up so early on. In past experiences, it has actually put her off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Done my back in last night and spent most of it in hospital :o went to work today too and well yeah I'm a bit worse for wear :o

What were you doing last night 😜 that put ur back out eh?

Seriously though ouch. U poor thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

Though the only thing is you could be cutting off someone who is new to Internet dating....though sometimes I do feel it's jumping the gun by maybe suggesting meeting up if you are only sending maybe 1msg a day??
    :)

Yeah I know what you mean. I think I like a good flow to a chat too, if that's not happening, we probably wouldn't get on well in real life. I was chatting to some guys for months and we maybe met up 2-3 times. I learnt from that, it was going nowhere so no point meeting again. Any good relationship I've been in was sparks flying from the get go and I'd like that again.

• Advertisement

What were you doing last night 😜 that put ur back out eh?

Seriously though ouch. U poor thing

Doing silly things shall we say! :o

I'll be ok soon i hope :)

Oohhh silly things hmmm.

Did you get pain reliefe or anything?

Oohhh silly things hmmm.

Did you get pain reliefe or anything?

mmhmm silly things :)

I've nurofen plus!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

And what silly things would that be?

deise08 wrote: »
    And what silly things would that be?

You'd know ;) :pac:

Ah no i decided to go kickboxing again for the first time in a few years and well it took its toll on me :o

• Advertisement

How are ye all tonight?

Very content and calm, which is surprising considering how I was yesterday. :)

mmhmm silly things :)

I've nurofen plus!

Ah you'll be grand so. Do a few stretches before next time 😜

Ah you'll be grand so. Do a few stretches before next time 😜

Ah yeah I'll live :) Duly noted ;)

Yeah I know what you mean. I think I like a good flow to a chat too, if that's not happening, we probably wouldn't get on well in real life. I was chatting to some guys for months and we maybe met up 2-3 times. I learnt from that, it was going nowhere so no point meeting again. Any good relationship I've been in was sparks flying from the get go and I'd like that again.
    Only once ever I've had kinda sparks fly from the get go.(and she had to emigrate for work..after a few weeks :( )...usually takes me ages to get comfortable around people...if you know what I mean

Only once ever I've had kinda sparks fly from the get go.(and she had to emigrate for work..after a few weeks :( )...usually takes me ages to get comfortable around people...if you know what I mean

Same here, only had sparks flying on one occasion. Ended up taking me almost a year to get over her though, as much as it hurts for me to admit that.

Yeah I'd be like that too normally but when I met my ex, we hit it off straight away and I felt like I'd known him my whole life. I would love to feel those Sparks and how comfortable I felt with him again. I normally feel shy.

Karsini wrote: »
    Same here, only had sparks flying on one occasion. Ended up taking me almost a year to get over her though, as much as it hurts for me to admit that.

:(

That's a pity!!

Yeah I'd be like that too normally but when I met my ex, we hit it off straight away and I felt like I'd known him my whole life. I would love to feel those Sparks and how comfortable I felt with him again. I normally feel shy.

You'll get there carpe :)

Though like it's not just wans is be like that with...even lads my own age I know/work with....took me nearly a year to be comfortable and I work with them most days....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all, Have I missed much ??

You'll get there carpe :)

Though like it's not just wans is be like that with...even lads my own age I know/work with....took me nearly a year to be comfortable and I work with them most days....

I'd be a slow burner like that too. How did your other date go or do you want to say ;)

• Advertisement

So I've tomorrow off, in a desparate attempt for some company, whos wants to do something tomorrow? :pac: I have a moderately built car, 40 euro and just under half a tank of fuel

So I've tomorrow off, in a desparate attempt for some company, whos wants to do something tomorrow? :pac: I have a moderately built car, 40 euro and just under half a tank of fuel

Disneyland Paris?

Disneyland Paris?

It's a date :D

It's a date :D

J'adore! Polish up the Saab :)

J'adore! Polish up the Saab :)

way ahead of you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Oh la la :D

I'd be a slow burner like that too. How did your other date go or do you want to say ;)

Went well (I taught anyway)
    We were meant to meet up sat night when she was out with friends....but I was too wreaked to go out after work

So texted her to enjoy herself and what not...then was too busy Sunday/forgot to text her...and mentioned this to someone who kinda gave out to me for being flaky!!

So kinda snapchatd/whatsapped during the week and sure we're half meant to meet up this weekend....I dunno though...kinda fizzling out abit tbh

It's a pity really as she's wicked sound and very pretty......just I dunno like....I get the feeling she's just being polite msging back...maybe she's too sound!!

*im going to be eaten by cats when I die aren't I :(:(

way ahead of you :)

You can swing by the Eiffel Tower while you're at it.

You can swing by the Eiffel Tower while you're at it.

Oh i can now? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Went well (I taught anyway)
    We were meant to meet up sat night when she was out with friends....but I was too wreaked to go out after work

So texted her to enjoy herself and what not...then was too busy Sunday/forgot to text her...and mentioned this to someone who kinda gave out to me for being flaky!!

So kinda snapchatd/whatsapped during the week and sure we're half meant to meet up this weekend....I dunno though...kinda fizzling out abit tbh

It's a pity really as she's wicked sound and very pretty......just I dunno like....I get the feeling she's just being polite msging back...maybe she's too sound!!

*im going to be eaten by cats when I die aren't I :(:(

Don't think too negatively. Maybe if you do get a chance to go out again at the weekend, you'll both end up having a great time, and who knows where things may lead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement