Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imela May Does My Head In

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

Dozer Dave wrote: »
    According to twitter it is from a sushi accident.
    She mentioned on her facebook something about the ice-bucket challenge. Whatever it was, hope she recovers soon. She's easily the most likeable Irish celeb in my book. I get the impression that her celebrity hasn't changed her, which is endearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Imelda actually belongs to a community which lives in the inner city for generations.

I live around the corner from her, have all my 20+ years. About 1% of the Liberties knew who she was before she became "famous". May have lived here all her life, but wasn't really brought up in The Liberties.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

Luke92 wrote: »
    I live around the corner from her, have all my 20+ years. About 1% of the Liberties knew who she was before she became "famous". May have lived here all her life, but wasn't really brought up in The Liberties.

Can you explain the eye patch?

Luke92 wrote: »
    Luke when you say Luke92, does that mean you were born in 1992, when Imelda May was 18?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

conorh91 wrote: »
    Luke when you say Luke92, does that mean you were born in 1992, when Imelda May was 18?

Luke isn't my name, 92 is just a number. Its all circumstantial.

Where would you be going with this anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

circumstantial sounds suspicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

conorh91 wrote: »
    Because an inner city/ Liberties lass is exclusively the darling of Suburbia, or something:confused:

I think she's great, suburbia or not. Best female singer-songwriter out of Ireland in years.
    how many do you know? or is it because she gets the most promotion? not knocking her but theres lots of talented Irish females out there

how many do you know?
    Plenty. I'd place Lisa O'Neill in second place, although I'm sure she's far too mainstream for you too.

As for Imelda May, this is my favourite of her renditions, particularly the sincerity of the delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

ClovenHoof wrote:
    Sorry, I know this is considered blasphemy in suburbia, but if I never heard her ever again I wouldn't give a toss.

Pretty sure if no - one heard from you ever again, no - one would give a toss.

Advertisement