Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much of Ireland have you seen?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I love visiting places around Ireland. It beats drinking in the pub...

What about drinking in every pub in every little dip**** village on your way, while overnighting in most of them obviously. I've done that all over the world, mostly on motorbikes. :)

eternal wrote: »
    I've actually been all over Ireland except past Belfast further north. Been up to Donegal to the bottom of West Cork and through the Midlands. I love West Cork, Kerry, Clare, Donegal and I suppose Dublin is pretty cool. Nearly forgot Galway, lived there for long enough, beautiful city.

I recommend Portrush, Co. Antrim during North-West 200 week. Keep 'er lit, hi! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

jimgoose wrote: »
    I recommend Portrush, Co. Antrim during North-West 200 week. Keep 'er lit, hi! :)

Buy me a newer car and I'm there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

been to every county on the island of ireland accept waterford
    Missing nothing :/

I've been to nice chunk of the country...but the one place that stood out to me was Roscommon up around Boyle....miles upon miles of nothingness ....a different world up there :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

jimgoose wrote: »
    What about drinking in every pub in every little dip**** village on your way, while overnighting in most of them obviously. I've done that all over the world, mostly on motorbikes. :)

Sounds fun but I prefer a clear head to go somewhere. I can't drink.

And especially going all over the world, I wouldn't want to ruin it with drink. I can't handle hangovers.

• Advertisement

Buy me a newer car and I'm there!

Oook??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Been to every county and city, been to nearly every main town and many years ago (long before motorways) set out and drove as much of the coastine of Ireland as was practical.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Golaco wrote: »
    That's class! A field trip every weekend!

Yeah - we were dirt poor, but the old man was great for trips like that. Dragged me off camping from the age of four, some of my best childhood memories right there.
    Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Did all 32 counties over 4 weeks on a motorcycle a couple of years ago, even got to the islands.

It's a beautiful country we have, if you haven't seen a lot of it, get out there & do it, you won't regret it.

Motorbike is definitely the way to do it, if you have the inclination to ride - much more of a sensation of being in the countryside than passing through it, if that makes sense. Have done most of Asia by motorbike - when I'm settled back in Ireland again, I've promised myself a month or two on the bike around Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Sadly, just most of the east coast counties only. I'd love to see more. Sligo, Galway, Kerry, Cork, Limerick etc..

Sounds fun but I prefer a clear head to go somewhere. I can't drink.

And especially going all over the world, I wouldn't want to ruin it with drink. I can't handle hangovers.

"Ruining it with drink" was not mentioned, TIU-San. That's entirely up to yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I havent been to the Aran Islands, Mayo, Sligo and places like Cavan, Westmeath or Leitrim. The only part of the north I have been to is Belfast, I would love to see Donegal and Derry etc. I dont really have any reason to visit a lot of these places and I have never had a wedding invite that spreads to these areas. Im surprised that so many people have seen practically every town and county in Ireland, where do you get the time??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Ive been all over every county bar Mayo. I have never been there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I'm in Sligo right now: pissing rain and blowing a gale (but I like it!!)
    Sligo is one of the best place to visit in Ireland. I f-ing love the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Been to every county bar Cavan and I intend to keep it that way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭happy_knome

I only have fond memories of Waterford. The women and the chips are delicious.

hung out with a bunch of waterford folk while down under over a decade ago , great folk , mad for the craic , they all sounded like john o shea too

I've actually been all over Ireland except past Belfast further north. Been up to Donegal to the bottom of West Cork and through the Midlands. I love West Cork, Kerry, Clare, Donegal and I suppose Dublin is pretty cool. Nearly forgot Galway, lived there for long enough, beautiful city.

always find it somewhat amusing when people say galway is a beautiful city

it has a great buzz about it and has beautiful scenery within a stones throw of it out in connemarra but i really dont think the city is all that spectacular to look at

Patww79 wrote: »

donegal leaves every other county in the happeny place when it comes to beauty and i include kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

Not much to be honest.

Galway (home)
    Mayo
    Sligo
    Clare
    Limerick
    Tipperary
    Dublin (currently living there)
    Donegal
    Antrim
    Fermanagh

• Site Banned Posts: 13 GerryAdams10

Have been in 11 counties, 8 ulster ones and Louth, Meath and Dublin.

I spend my life in South Antrim, South Derry and East Tyrone, every now and then I would pop over to donegal or go over to Northern England.
    I would like to visit the Scottish Highlands and Islands soon. I am as northie as they come

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 13 GerryAdams10

fryup wrote: »
    everywhere except you-know-where > the north, just been twice to belfast only

even with the troubles long over i just don't feel comfortable up there

Try going to somewhere like newry then, over 80% catholic, not everywhere is like east belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Im surprised that so many people have seen practically every town and county in Ireland, where do you get the time??

That's what I was thinking. Between work and hobbies I don't have much time to explore Éire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Try going to somewhere like newry then, over 80% catholic, not everywhere is like east belfast

It's also 100% shìte. Who recommends Newry over Belfast?

"Come to Newry for the Catholics. We keep the jam buns in their place."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Have seen most of it. Only counties I haven't been to are Leitrim, Monaghan, Cavan, Offaly, Kerry and Donegal,

Antrim/Belfast is the only one I've been to north of the border.

Advertisement