Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 World Cup - Day 22 - Pak v SA, Ire v Zim

Options
  • 06-03-2015 9:21am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭

29th Match, Pool B: Pakistan v South Africa at Auckland
    Mar 7, 2015 (14:00 local | 01:00 GMT)

30th Match, Pool B: Ireland v Zimbabwe at Hobart
    Mar 7, 2015 (14:30 local | 03:30 GMT)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Disgusted I likely won't get to watch the Ireland game as away in the wilds of Kerry for the weekend. Might get some stream on the phone, although chances of getting away with that and not waking the wife or baby in a hotel room is slim.

Interestingly, the last time I was in Kerry when Ireland had a WC match? 2007 v Pakistan. Omen?

KevIRL wrote: »
    Disgusted I likely won't get to watch the Ireland game as away in the wilds of Kerry for the weekend. Might get some stream on the phone, although chances of getting away with that and not waking the wife or baby in a hotel room is slim.

Interestingly, the last time I was in Kerry when Ireland had a WC match? 2007 v Pakistan. Omen?

You could snuggle up between myself and the wife -I'll be awake watching it at home here in Kerry. But will have to feed a baby once or twice so could be crowded!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

You could snuggle up between myself and the wife -I'll be awake watching it at home here in Kerry. But will have to feed a baby once or twice so could be crowded!

That's probably the best offer you'll receive on Boards, Kev! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

KevIRL wrote: »
    Might get some stream on the phone, although chances of getting away with that and not waking the wife or baby in a hotel room is slim.

Headphones ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

I'd put it in the last games thread as it was discussed in there, but I want to point out here that our game will start on Sky Sports 4 and move to their "World Cup Channel" (SS2) when the Pak/SA game is over. IOW amazingly no red button needed for this one so UPC customers can watch it all.

As for the Kerry question, I'd call the hotel now and see if they can/will stick on a tv for you somewhere!

Huge game for us, Zim one place ahead of us in the rankings and haven't played us in an ODI in over 4 years :eek: We need to make the statement about the "qualifying route" we are being shown for 2019 (at present) and win this, push the ICC to make sure we get the games to reach the top 8 in time on merit. Hell winning this game alone will close the gap between us from 11 points to 5 (but extend it to 14 points if we lose).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

If Ireland win the toss should they get Zims in first setting a chase for Ireland?
    Would you expect Zims to do the opposite and put Ireland in first to try and bowl them out quickly.
    How do you think we should play this?

With the threat of rain and what's expected to be the greenest pitch we'll see, I'd be surprised if either side would choose to bat. Zim will be thinking we are better chasing (discarding the SA result) and so will we.

I'll back us to chase anything we concede but I'm not so sure how many we would need to defend it the way we have been bowling! That being said, I think our batting line up is quite capable of posting a monster score (e.g. 400) with a performance like the first 30 overs of the way we chased against the WIndies but without the subsequent collapse.

I'm still backing us to win this and get another point, forget NRR ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

This match is going to absolutely wreck my nerves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

This match is going to absolutely wreck my nerves

Have you a few bob on it!

Just hope that it's not rained off or curtailed to our disadvantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I think what is crucial for us from the NRR perspective is that SA get to bat first against Pakistan.

• Advertisement

If SA vs Pak is rained off it will be massive bad luck for us, we need Pak to get a thumping.

This game is honestly too close to predict as both sides are twins, and thats whats so damn terrifying. Just want to see Young or Chase being given a shot

SA win toss and elect to field.

De villiers and duminy getting bowls must mean the ICC has had a word, ireland are not allowed to go through. Give Pakistan an easy game to get their run-rate and points up

and then de villiers take out younis Khan.

Zimbabwe win the toss and surprise surprise they'll bowl first :-/ 400 please!

Cusack in for Sorenson, McBrine keeps his place.

no Young, absolute joke

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Stirling gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

no Young, absolute joke

Mad decision really, poor from Stirling to get out like that sadly.

I love the guy, but he has been poor since his knock v West Indies.

will gone, very poor knock IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

250 will be a decent score from here.

250 will be a decent score from here.

Wickets in hand key as always. Can get a v big score in the last few overseas if wickets are in hand

I see Kevs ignored the baby and wife lol :P

I see Kevs ignored the baby and wife lol :P

Both snoring away here. Headphones in and watching quietly lol

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Our little one woke us a 3.20am. She has a decent sense of timing!

Decent amount of first balls in the over going for a boundary, really helps add pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Pakistan all out for 222 in the other game, D/L reduced to 47 overs each

300 very possible, hopefully they move Kev up the order to get a few shots in at the business end.

Great partnership

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Fantastic partnership. Ireland going along nicely. Ed needs to dig in a get 150+.

My proteas better not mess this up.

Advertisement