Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biotech talk/news/rumours and ideas

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

RobertKK wrote: »
    CLVS to new highs as a buyout looks increasingly likely as they have Goldman Sachs involved. Was a good buy last week in the 70s
    BLUE off recent highs, but up a lot recently, wouldn't buy at this price, but will have some new data on it's sickle cell disease gene therapy program in June.
    AAVL went down to $29 but has rebounded as data expected within 60 days, it either goes to the teens or up heavily depending on data, I'm going to hold shares through data which is risky.
    They should rise nicely before data if anyone has them and wants out.

Some well timed buys. Well done.

FYI The EHA abstract for BLUE will be released next week (21st May).

From Twitter: "$BLUE spox: May 21 EHA abstract will have some new data on 1 sickle cell, 2 b-thal patients, but more current data to be presented at mtg".

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 33,732 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Some big moves going on...

Cellectis = ALCLS on the Paris market up 16% today, got upgrades in the US. US ticker is CLLS and it was given a PT of $56. Analysts said it is the leader in gene editing in the gene therapy (GT) area.
    I want to get a longterm hold in ALCLS, should have bought last week.

BLUE is still marching on, holding this since I bought at $133 a share, should be over $200 soon. Data has been good and they will be providing more information in the next two weeks. Recent data reduces risk for the upcoming more updated data, and the US and EU plan to fast track the Lentiglobin GT if data is good (very much expected) given there is currently no cure for the genetic ailment.

AAVL is up over 33% off recent lows, June is make or break in the short term as it will give data on its GT for wet AMD. If good then this stock will act like BLUE did were it went from $30 to over $90 and is now heading for the $200 mark. If bad, then down to around $11.
    Regeneron who own 10% of AAVL say the eye is one of the best areas for GT given the compact nature of the cells.

Still hold CLVS, up around 24%, but this one I will keep holding as I believe it will be bought out sometime this year due to good data for it's cancer drugs.

Bought Cellectis on the Paris market today, and very lucky I did, shares CLLS have shot up on the Nasdaq as Pfizer wants to buy them out.

Shares are up near 16%.

Cancer immunotherapy making the top news on the BBC, about time too. The cures are coming and it is only going to get better.

The only problem is the cost of these drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Cancer immunotherapy making the top news on the BBC, about time too. The cures are coming and it is only going to get better.

The only problem is the cost of these drugs.

They can't say theirs a shortage of "customers" for these ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

All this cancer hype in the media including the lead stories on BBC and Sky all day yesterday are for a therapy being developed by Scancell Holdings PLC that I mentioned earlier in the thread, no idea why the company isnt getting more mention in the stories but all the blogs are mentioning them:

https://www.google.com/finance?q=LON:SCLP&ei=fn9tVfmoD9XLU4vBgagF

Currently 20% up on a small holding, never fully bought in I was always waiting for a retrace, think Ill just leave it there and see what happens, they might be snapped up for 50 or 60 at some point, another missed opportunity.

Bought Cellectis on the Paris market today, and very lucky I did, shares CLLS have shot up on the Nasdaq as Pfizer wants to buy them out.

Shares are up near 16%.

Quoting my own post I know...

Anyway, if people were watching BBC news, 15 minutes in they featured Layle a one year old who had the most aggressive form of Leukaemia, and all treatments had failed, doctors told the parents to look for pallative care as there was nothing more they could do.
    The parents however didn't accept this, so a doctor at Great Ormond street hospital, decided to look for permission to use the gene edited T cells from Cellectis that had cured leukaemia in mice.
    They got permssion, probably because the child was going to die so it couldn't make the child any worse.
    The child received 1ml of the gene edited T cells and is now in remission and in good health.
    Layla was the first person in the world to receive this type of treatment.

I am still holding Cellectis, it had a rough ride with the biotech sell off which drove it down to €20.
    Since then it went as high as €38.53, before closing at €36.10. up 80% from it's lows.
    This week alone it is up 53%. My buy was in the €31s, happy to be in the green.

The main thing is proof of concept, and a disruptive technology is shown to work.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/nov/05/baby-girl-is-first-in-the-world-to-be-treated-with-designer-immune-cells

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Good news today for anybody with ZGNX, up around 150% at the moment

Advertisement